General News & Information on the Spanish RF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The things you find, in the near forgotten New Spain

Good Day All…

I come here hoping to get a message to an actual Royal Family Member of Spain who can present this matter to those authorized to make decisions. I have a confidential message I am trying to get to a bona fide member concerning the discovery, recovery and return of stolen property of Spain from near 200 years ago. As far as I know the laws maintain that although it has been 200 years, it still belongs to Spain. The documented value is approximately 690 Million in this instant case, but has much greater potential. I am looking for confirmation of interest in this matter and wish to GIVE the information to qualified representative of Spain with a small gratuity requested in order to assist in the funding of my research which has brought this to light.. However if not interested I need confirmation so as to allow pursuit of other options. Please forgive the ambiguity but it is necessary. It is my desire to establish a one on one working relationship with a qualified representative in this matter and possibly other potential projects concerning stolen or unintentionally abandoned property. Please direct inquiries to private message and please be prepared to provide satisfactory information as to your qualifications. I will further direct you when I am satisfied.

Daniell

Good Day All…

I come here hoping to get a message to an actual Royal Family Member of Spain who can present this matter to those authorized to make decisions. I have a confidential message I am trying to get to a bona fide member concerning the discovery, recovery and return of stolen property of Spain from near 200 years ago. As far as I know the laws maintain that although it has been 200 years, it still belongs to Spain. The documented value is approximately 690 Million in this instant case, but has much greater potential. I am looking for confirmation of interest in this matter and wish to GIVE the information to qualified representative of Spain with a small gratuity requested in order to assist in the funding of my research which has brought this to light.. However if not interested I need confirmation so as to allow pursuit of other options. Please forgive the ambiguity but it is necessary. It is my desire to establish a one on one working relationship with a qualified representative in this matter and possibly other potential projects concerning stolen or unintentionally abandoned property. Please direct inquiries to private message and please be prepared to provide satisfactory information as to your qualifications. I will further direct you when I am satisfied.

Daniell

Although this is The Royal Forums, I really doubt that any member of royal families frequent this message board. I think if you are trying to contact the Spanish Royal Family, your best bet would be to contact them directly. Perhaps one of our forum members has the address as many of the members here have written to different royal families.

And this is what we seek, Thank you. I have the mailing address of the proper individuals, however a "response" in the affirmative or otherwise is sought after. Email is so much quicker. I wouldn't care if it is a cousin twice removed, as long as the message is received and able to be delivered to those authorized that it may be considered, a decision made and clear intent communicated so that we may proceed one way or the other.

Thank you again.

Last edited:
And this is what we seek, Thank you. I have the mailing address of the proper individuals, however a "response" in the affirmative or otherwise is sought after. Email is so much quicker. I wouldn't care if it is a cousin twice removed, as long as the message is received and able to be delivered to those authorized that it may be considered, a decision made and clear intent communicated so that we may proceed one way or the other.

Thank you again.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Organización y Presupuesto - Contact ??

Unless you mean an e-mail address, I don't think it's publicly available but I could be wrong.

Thank You, yes, I have that information and no I do not think electronic information is available which is why I am seeking .. well, a lessor status member. All we are seeking at this time is confirmation of interest one way or the other so that we may proceed one way or the other.

Thank you again.

By the way, I love your website, there is some very interesting historic information here.
Thank you to those who have put this together.

Last edited:
This has probably already been answered somewhere, but here we go. :)

Does Spain have a system where someone formally steps in as Regent when King Felipe is out of Spain?
If so, who is usually the Regent?

Last edited:
Nope, there is no legal need for a regent when the king leaves the country.

Thanks, Annie_S. :)

List of institutional gifts given to the Royal Family in 2016 (

http://www.casareal.es/ES/Transparencia/InformacionJuridica/Documents/RegalosInstitucionales2016.pdf

"During the year 2016 the number of institutional gifts received by the Family Real
Has been 378 (three hundred seventy eight). For such They understand The gifts
Related to official activities
Is of the members of the Royal Family
Delivered, either in the exercise of a specific forecast contained in the program
(Exchange or delivery of a gift), or in the context of an official activity
Duly scheduled. Such activities have been on the agenda
Public of the House of His Majesty the King. Also included are the
Gifts offered by public administrations or entities and institutions
Integrated into the state, regional or local public sector, as well as
Like the gifts
Offered by the authorities of a foreign State, including its Ambassadors"

Last edited:
Book of Civil Register of the Spanish Royal Family
Royal Decree 2917/1981 (November 27) establishes the Civil Registry of the Royal Family where births, marriages and deaths will be registered, as well as any other fact or act that can be registered in accordance with the legislation on Civil Registry that affects the king. from Spain, his consort, his ascendants of the first degree, his descendants and the crown princess. This registry is in charge of the Minister of Justice exclusively.

https://www.boe.es/buscar/act.php?id=BOE-A-1981-28756

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Ag2rl7o6...-diputados-biblioteca-madrid-spain-P5X91D.jpg

Infantas Elena and Cristina were vaccinated in the Emirates, taking advantage of a visit to Juan Carlos I.
https://www.elconfidencial.com/espa...os-aprovechando-visita-juan-carlos-i_2974843/

Through a jointly signed statement and reaching EL MUNDO, Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina explain why they received coronavirus immunization during a visit trip to their father, Juan Carlos I, in Abu Dhabi and after skipping all the Spanish vaccination queues.

"Given the information published in the press on the vaccination that I have been subjected to, I would like to make the following clarification. Both my sister and I have come to visit our father and, in order to have a health passport that would allow us to do so regularly, we were offered the possibility of getting vaccinated, which we agreed to. If it were not for this reason we would have agreed to the vaccination shift in Spain, when it would have been up to us."

Apart from the statement, after leaving her job at the Mapfre Foundation, Infanta Elena has come to the Palacio de la Zarzuela this Wednesday, without the reasons having been disclosed so far.

https://www.elmundo.es/espana/2021/...zUxTGVnMEtCdnNoSWNmZ1pTeG9MMVAxR3lZaXJsTTBUeg..

Last edited by a moderator:
God, I feel sorry for Felipe. His family are a bunch of liabilities. They obviously do not care if the monarchy survives now that their beloved father is off the throne.

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_...vid-19-vaccine-line-on-trip-to-abu-dhabi.html

Of course it looks bad and will be used against Felipe by various parties.
Having said that, Cristina lives in Switzerland therefore the Spanish regulation of vaccination do not apply to her. No idea what process is in place in Switzerland. Elena should have known better.

Many people wish to jump the queue, especially those with family members who are at risk, but this is anti-social behavior in my book. Not everyone is rich enough to fly out to the UAE to have a vaccination during holiday.

God, I feel sorry for Felipe. His family are a bunch of liabilities. They obviously do not care if the monarchy survives now that their beloved father is off the throne.

Actually, this isn't even a controversy. Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina had to be vaccinated in their way to visit King Juan Carlos. It was nothing serious. Sometimes the press and people exaggerate about matters that do not harm anyone and that are easy to explain.
I don't think they want to hurt their brother or not worry about him. They probably never thought it would be made public that they had been vaccinated in Abu Dhabi.

Last edited:
Just replied virtually the same thing about this in another thread. Yes, it is understandable that they want to visit with their father. However, as I said in that other thread, it seems as if now that Juan Carlos is off the the throne, no one except Felipe, his wife, mother, and children seem to care if the monarchy falls.

Actually, this isn't even a controversy. Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina had to be vaccinated in their way to visit King Juan Carlos. It was nothing serious. Sometimes the press and people exaggerate about matters that do not harm anyone and that are easy to explain.

it isn't that 'clean' and it is somewhat embarrasing as it looks like they're skipping the queue. they aren't UAE citizens so there's no reason why the UAE would be under an obligation to vaccinate them. if they had been joe bloggs would a vaccine have been made available to them? there's many people in spain still awaiting for their jab, who are vulnerable or are front line workers. skipping the queue by travelling elsewhere because of who you're the daughter of doesn't bode well.

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_...vid-19-vaccine-line-on-trip-to-abu-dhabi.html

Of course it looks bad and will be used against Felipe by various parties.
Having said that, Cristina lives in Switzerland therefore the Spanish regulation of vaccination do not apply to her. No idea what process is in place in Switzerland. Elena should have known better.

Many people wish to jump the queue, especially those with family members who are at risk, but this is anti-social behavior in my book. Not everyone is rich enough to fly out to the UAE to have a vaccination during holiday.

Except they didn't skip any lines. As Elena said in her statement, they were in Abu Dhabi to see their father and plan to visit him regularly. They took the vaccine they were offered while there in order to facilitate subsequent visits, which I assume means Abu Dhabi will at some point relax quarantine requirements for vaccinated foreigners. (I also take it to mean there's no plan for JC to return to live in Spain anytime soon). Their decision to get the vaccine abroad has no impact on anyone in Spain, unless you'd like to count the fact that Spain will now have four extra doses of vaccine available.

Elena and Cristina have not been members of The Royal Family for years now and, as you say, Cristina is based in Switzerland. They don't represent TRF on engagements and don't receive funds from the Royal Household. The Infantas and their children have gotten caught in the past couple of years between the republican press on one hand who drum up false drama to come at the monarchy, (since Felipe and Letizia have too many layers of official protection around them to come at directly, at least for now), and elements of the "respectable" press that have become a propaganda department for the monarchy and never miss a chance to exaggerate The Royal Family's virtues while emphasizing the slightest bit of controversy that arises with Felipe's sisters. Therefore, Elena and Cristina go to see their elderly father and accept the offer of being vaccinated so they can see him more and it's a national controversy. Felipe and Letizia accept half a million dollars of JC's money to go on a tacky honeymoon and it's barely covered. Felipe was set to inherit a hundred million dollars from his father and his statement that he had no clue about the inheritance or about his father's financial irregularities is accepted as gospel based on - well, just the fact that Felipe says he's telling the truth. Cristina's statement that she didn't deal with the finances for the NOOS foundation, OTOH, must obviously have been a lie, despite the fact that the media, the Treasury, a team of well paid lawyers and a judge who was, let's say, somewhat activist in his decisions, could find no evidence to disprove it.
And so on and so forth.

The women are under no obligation to hold themselves to the artificial standards/optics set by an institution that put them and their children aside a long time ago. They're private citizens and they made the same decision that the majority of private citizens would have made in the same situation.

I don't think they want to hurt their brother or brother or not worry about him. They probably never thought it would be made public that they had been vaccinated in Abu Dhabi.

Do they HAVE TO regularly visit their father who himself chose to move to Abu Dhabi during a pandemic and not for example to Geneva where his daughter could easily visit him on an almost daily basis?! And wouldn't quarantining for a sufficient period of time be a possibility?

I'd love to be vaccinated if that would mean I would be able to travel (if there are flights) and visit my family for the first time in 2 years; but that isn't a good enough reason to be vaccinated here... (and rightly so)

What were they thinking?!?

I suppose Elena's visit to Zarzuela is for her to get " a proper dressing down" from the King.

The sisters have life experiences as royals to know that it is not only that it is right or wrong that must be considered but the optics- how things look.

True, because they are the daughters of the former King and sisters of the current King of Spain someone may have offered them to get the vaccine. However, they should have thought about how this would look to the people of Spain.

But have they really got the vaccine? So far it is niot clear if i understand the article correct.

What were they thinking?!?

However, they should have thought about how this would look to the people of Spain.

Not only how it would look to the people of Spain...but how it would affect their own brother, the King of Spain. And the monarchy. It is as if they don't care anymore. Is it possible that they are deliberately hurting their brother because of how he has marginalized their role in the royal family? Or that they just don't know any better??

Do they HAVE TO regularly visit their father who himself chose to move to Abu Dhabi during a pandemic and not for example to Geneva where his daughter could easily visit him on an almost daily basis?! And wouldn't quarantining for a sufficient period of time be a possibility?

I'd love to be vaccinated if that would mean I would be able to travel (if there are flights) and visit my family for the first time in 2 years; but that isn't a good enough reason to be vaccinated here... (and rightly so)

I think it would have been more serious if Elena and Cristina had jumped the line and been vaccinated in Spain to make it possible for them to visit their father regularly in the UAE.

However, since they were vaccinated in Abu Dhabi and the jabs were actually offered by the UAE health authorities, it is not such a big deal as there is no evidence of influence peddling within Spain itself. In the worst case scenario, it is a minor embarassment for the Royal House.

Quite frankly, it is not that different from Canadians who are going to Florida to get vaccine shots.

Last edited:
I think it would have been more serious if Elena and Cristina had jumped the line and been vaccinated in Spain to make it possible for them to visit their father regularly in the UAE.

However, since they were vaccinated in Abu Dhabi and the jabs were actually offered by the UAE health authorities, it is not such a big deal as there is no evidence of influence peddling within Spain itself. In the worst case scenario, it is a minor embarassment for the Royal House.

Quite frankly, it is not that different from Canadians who are going to Florida to get vaccine shots.

Honestly, I think it would have been worse. This is a controversy that will last for 3 days, and will be quickly forgotten.
Spaniards who are against the monarchy, take anything to attack the royal family and the monarchy.
I don't think Infanta Cristina and Infanta Elena made a very big mistake. I think they didn't think about the consequences, they just wanted to be with their father and took advantage of the opportunity they were given to be vaccinated. It's more of a storm in a glass of water.

I don't think it looks very good: most royals have been very careful to be seen to be waiting their turn. I don't know what the situation in Switzerland is, but only quite a small proportion of the population's been vaccinated, so I doubt that a healthy person of Cristina's age would have been called yet.

Is this standard, that you can be vaccinated if you go to the UAE? I'm just having visions of hordes of wealthy people rushing off there so that they can beat the vaccination queues in their own countries!

Since only about 25% population of UAE have been immunized, no. Though they are one of the leading countries in numbers vaccinated.

There have been many suggestions UAE has been offering 'vaccine tourism' especially Dubai. That people with enough money could pay to go there and get their vaccine ahead of others.

It definitely isn't a good image for the infantas to get a vaccine there.

They may not be working royals, but they are royals. And they know full well what kind of image this would give to the media. And shadow on their brother.

TVE even had to apologize since the used a picture of Leonor and Sofia when they illustrated the vaccination of Elena and Cristina :whistling:
talk about exploiting this even for political purposes.

https://www.explica.co/tve-apologiz...of-infantas-with-an-image-of-princess-leonor/

Re vaccination tourism, there is a lot going on, a two class society, the ones who have to wait and the others who, for example, fly out to an organized two week trip to Dubai for a luxury holiday, vaccination included.

Back
Top Bottom