The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-22-2020, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Do not paint a rosy image on Belgium. There the Belgians are FUMING about the inertion of their politicians to form a majority Government, even in this severe crisis. There is now an emergency Government with no more than 38 (of the 150!) seats in Parliament and without majority at Dutch-speaking side. The anger is immense. Yesterday the palace published a picture of the four kids baking waffles. I better spare the vitriol, the sarcams and the biting critique of the "puppet theatre in a failed state" on social media. The anger and resentment is deep and no sweet royal kid with a waffle can do anything about it.

I dare to say that the existence of the State (and the monarchy) is in danger. And that is not in Spain but in Belgium. Exactly the one with the waffle-baking royals.

But what i meant was the belgian RF not the politics which uis a complett different Issue. The belgian King and Queenm are trying to build a positve Image while in Spain the King waited for days and days until he finally held his speech.The spanish King could also follow example of the daniosh RF to spend some Money

Old 03-22-2020, 12:42 PM
Heir Apparent

That was in Catalonia. In other parts of Spain this did not happen.
We all know that a part of the people of Catalonia want independence, so I'm not surprised....

Old 03-22-2020, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But what i meant was the belgian RF not the politics which uis a complett different Issue. The belgian King and Queenm are trying to build a positve Image while in Spain the King waited for days and days until he finally held his speech.The spanish King could also follow example of the daniosh RF to spend some Money
How can the Spanish RF do something similar when the queen is under quarantine or do the German tabloids not publish that fact too?

6th of April,1199 -Death of Richard the Lionheart
Old 03-22-2020, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
How can the Spanish RF do something similar when the queen is under quarantine or do the German tabloids not publish that fact too?

As far as i know the King is not in quarantine and the Infantas also not.

And one can also spend money if one is in quarantine or not? Or send out a Message like CP Haakon and MM for example.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

And one can also spend money if one is in quarantine or not? Or send out a Message like CP Haakon and MM for example.
The King has already helped Spain by using his contacts to arrange half a million COVID-19 masks and screening kits. And the King and Queen are sure to do even more things to help.
The King and Queen are aware of what is going on and will certainly help.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The Spanish Royal Household takes seriously that of being a Parliamentary Monarchy. The king does not speak without prior government approval, and the government only gave it to him once measures had been approved and these had been endorsed by parliament.

Unfortunately, at this time, many actions of the Royal Household are conditioned by the government's desire prominence and confrontations.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quarantine is no excuse, as we can see doing things online is the thing to do.
My yoga studio does now online classes, no problem.
If the SRF wanted to send a message - apart from the formal Head of State speech - eg as a family including the Queen or the Infantas, they could do without any problem.
But not even their website is functioning properly so it may be too much to ask.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The Spanish Royal Household takes seriously that of being a Parliamentary Monarchy. The king does not speak without prior government approval, and the government only gave it to him once measures had been approved and these had been endorsed by parliament.

Unfortunately, at this time, many actions of the Royal Household are conditioned by the government's desire prominence and confrontations.
Has the President of the Government put the King aside a little?
I think King Philip VI has done a good job and done what he should do.
How do you think the current situation of the monarchy is? Is the monarchy in danger today?
Old 03-22-2020, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:

The Spanish RF are not really that media savvy ,the website is constantly crashing and given the state of emergency in Spain and adhering to the Social Distancing guidelines the Infantas out in public would not be such a good move and irresponsible .

The king could draft in his sister Elena during this crisis while the queen is still under quarantine.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The Spanish RF are not really that media savvy ,the website is constantly crashing and given the state of emergency in Spain and adhering to the Social Distancing guidelines the Infantas out in public would not be such a good move and irresponsible .

Don't think they should go out and visit Hosptials etc but perhaps they could make a little Video in the Palace Gardens of the King and his daughters and relese that to the Public.

Or give a message on their Instagram if they have one with a pic.

Old 03-22-2020, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I don't think they have an Instagram account ,communication was much better and more frequent under the reign of King Juan Carlos.

Tags
catalonia, future of the monarchy, juan carlist, juan carlos i, royalist, spain, spanish nobility, spanish royal family