The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1441  
Old 08-06-2018, 09:17 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelarn View Post
It seems that no strategy against the king or the queen works. The king every day is more and more valued ... Long live the kings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelarn View Post
The evaluation of the emeritus Sofía is not at all relevant, since she has nothing to say or do at present. It is a past figure and so the Spaniards see it.
JC is important, because he could drag his son ... but still he keeps
The important thing is the evaluation of the only character that matters! EL REY FELIPE VI! ... The juancarlistas would never think that he would be more popular than JC ... and that is that Felipe is an honest, honest, good man ... and that is More solid than being nice. In addition, Felipe is perceived as a great statesman who leaves our name, that of Spain very high nationally and internationally
If only the king counts; why include Letizia in your post above. Apparently, in your view she is completely irrelevant. And if she was relevant; she is by far not doing as well than her mother-in-law who is slightly more popular than the king himself (who is indeed doing well) - as has been the case since she entered the stage. That you personally think more highly of her than of her mother-in-law clearly isn't representative of the Spanish population.

What exactly has the king done to promote Spain internationally that has made Spain more of a power to recon with than previously? While I agree that he has not been making a fool of himself like Juan Carlos in the last several years; I have a hard time coming up with something that he did that led to a significant positive change of the image of Spain in the last 4 years since he ascended the throne. What are the three most important things that you think of in this respect?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1442  
Old 08-07-2018, 01:55 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 6,302
and your Queen?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #1443  
Old 08-07-2018, 04:03 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelarn View Post
Our beloved King Philip VI, reaches in a recent account, a 75.3 percent popularity ... the highest ever of a king since the survey, obviously.
The highest ever of a King since what survey? Because this poll was commissioned by the very traditional and monarchist ABC. The other polls ABC somewhat misleadingly mentions in the article were done by CIS which is a government research organization.

I’m not saying whatever company ABC hired didn’t do a well designed survey but, given how ABC covers the royal family, they wouldn’t be the people I would trust to give the most unbiased view.

I think the relative proportion of popularity is probably correct, in that the order goes from Sofia to Felipe to Letizia to Juan carlos. I don’t think the numbers would be so high for any of them in polls done by other sources. I’m not sure when the poll was taken but if it was after the news about Juan Carlos and his alleged illegal business practices came out his number should be lower. The fact that he’s still above five despite a huge amount of negative publicity makes me think the sample of respondents may not have been completely random. Equally, the fact that Letizia can’t crack six in a probably not completely unbiased survey, after the concerted PR campaign of the last few months, doesn’t seem like good news for the royal house.
Reply With Quote
  #1444  
Old 08-07-2018, 04:29 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,859

Had there been surveys back in the days of JC's most powerful days, approval rates would have easily been in the 90%s ...
Reply With Quote
  #1445  
Old 08-07-2018, 05:02 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 8,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Had there been surveys back in the days of JC's most powerful days, approval rates would have easily been in the 90%s ...
agreed.

i am curious on the popularity rating of other members of the RF, namely letizia, JC and sofia (of course, we all know cristina's and inaki's current rating).
__________________
The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization.
https://www.humanesociety.org
Reply With Quote
  #1446  
Old 08-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

Had there been surveys back in the days of JC's most powerful days, approval rates would have easily been in the 90%s ...
Why were there no accounts in the time of King Juan Carlos? Was it prehistory?
Of course they existed.
Reply With Quote
  #1447  
Old 08-08-2018, 06:40 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
The highest ever of a King since what survey? Because this poll was commissioned by the very traditional and monarchist ABC. The other polls ABC somewhat misleadingly mentions in the article were done by CIS which is a government research organization.

I’m not saying whatever company ABC hired didn’t do a well designed survey but, given how ABC covers the royal family, they wouldn’t be the people I would trust to give the most unbiased view.

I think the relative proportion of popularity is probably correct, in that the order goes from Sofia to Felipe to Letizia to Juan carlos. I don’t think the numbers would be so high for any of them in polls done by other sources. I’m not sure when the poll was taken but if it was after the news about Juan Carlos and his alleged illegal business practices came out his number should be lower. The fact that he’s still above five despite a huge amount of negative publicity makes me think the sample of respondents may not have been completely random. Equally, the fact that Letizia can’t crack six in a probably not completely unbiased survey, after the concerted PR campaign of the last few months, doesn’t seem like good news for the royal house.
ABC is a serious newspaper, not a digitalist. Do not you believe it because you are not interested or for some strange reason that I do not know? Does not matter. The popularity of the king is EVIDENT.
Here, only the popularity of the holder is relevant ... and of the former king, because after all it is his father and he was Head of State .. Letizia approves almost with a 60 by the way (which is a lot, especially with the press inventing things about it ...) but has no institutional role; and much less Sofia, who is perceived as a prehistoric animal, that is, as PAST and therefore not linked to the present.
Everyone who interprets as they want. The popularity of Felipe VI is very evident in Spanish society, and his perception as a good, honest, intelligent man, as a magnificent representative both inside and outside our country, is indisputable.
What the Spaniards think of the king's sisters is completely indifferent. They are also past.
Reply With Quote
  #1448  
Old 08-08-2018, 06:42 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
The highest ever of a King since what survey? Because this poll was commissioned by the very traditional and monarchist ABC. The other polls ABC somewhat misleadingly mentions in the article were done by CIS which is a government research organization.

I’m not saying whatever company ABC hired didn’t do a well designed survey but, given how ABC covers the royal family, they wouldn’t be the people I would trust to give the most unbiased view.

I think the relative proportion of popularity is probably correct, in that the order goes from Sofia to Felipe to Letizia to Juan carlos. I don’t think the numbers would be so high for any of them in polls done by other sources. I’m not sure when the poll was taken but if it was after the news about Juan Carlos and his alleged illegal business practices came out his number should be lower. The fact that he’s still above five despite a huge amount of negative publicity makes me think the sample of respondents may not have been completely random. Equally, the fact that Letizia can’t crack six in a probably not completely unbiased survey, after the concerted PR campaign of the last few months, doesn’t seem like good news for the royal house.
Ah, another point: ABC does not stand out for its unconditional love to the "plebeian" Queen Letizia, so if her scores are exaggerated, it would be down ... not up.
regards
Reply With Quote
  #1449  
Old 08-09-2018, 03:39 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 8,291
Quote:
What the Spaniards think of the king's sisters is completely indifferent. They are also past.
very conveniently! they HAD to make sure they were the past and hence why the need of JC to abdicate.
felipe may have a good image as a person, but the institution his represents, primarily plaged with the scandals of JC, of cristina and of inaki along with the stubborn episodes of letizia, is in clear decline. if there is another scandal surfacing (such as JC being prosecuted following the corinna tapes), i think they will not survive.
__________________
The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization.
https://www.humanesociety.org
Reply With Quote
  #1450  
Old 08-09-2018, 11:27 AM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
agreed.

i am curious on the popularity rating of other members of the RF, namely letizia, JC and sofia (of course, we all know cristina's and inaki's current rating).
Here is the source.

1. Sofía at 76.2%
2. Felipe at 75.3%
3. Letizia at 58.1%
4. Juan Carlos at 54.7%

So there is a clear divide with Sofía and Felipe being quite popular and their spouses being not that popular.
Reply With Quote
  #1451  
Old 08-09-2018, 04:00 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
very conveniently! they HAD to make sure they were the past and hence why the need of JC to abdicate.
felipe may have a good image as a person, but the institution his represents, primarily plaged with the scandals of JC, of cristina and of inaki along with the stubborn episodes of letizia, is in clear decline. if there is another scandal surfacing (such as JC being prosecuted following the corinna tapes), i think they will not survive.
The institution is embodied by Philip VI ... His popularity is so high, so the Spanish have known that the new king, embodies the Crown and the monarchical institution. To him, the scandals of others do not affect him ... and because there was a very intelligent movement, separating the members of the royal family from the king's family.
He could have burdened him, the scandals of his father, but with his abdication, all that is past the crown.
Felipe is alone, but without scandals.
As long as Felipe is not involved in them, the crown will be fine

A husband of an infanta, in prison, I think it is difficult to overcome as a scandal. And it is clear that the Spaniards perceive him as alien to Felipe.
Juan Carlos will not be prosecuted, believe me.
Reply With Quote
  #1452  
Old 08-09-2018, 04:03 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Here is the source.

1. Sofía at 76.2%
2. Felipe at 75.3%
3. Letizia at 58.1%
4. Juan Carlos at 54.7%

So there is a clear divide with Sofía and Felipe being quite popular and their spouses being not that popular.
When Juan Carlos I was in his apogéo as far as popularity is concerned, his consort Sofía, was when it was most criticized. It was the time to call her "the Greek" "the stranger", and sorry and I feel "SoFEA" ... Times in which he was described as close and friendly and she as distant, distant, cold.
It reminds me a lot of something :silbido::silbido::silbido:: lol:: lol:: lol:
Reply With Quote
  #1453  
Old 08-11-2018, 12:14 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelarn View Post
ABC is a serious newspaper, not a digitalist. Do not you believe it because you are not interested or for some strange reason that I do not know? Does not matter. The popularity of the king is EVIDENT.
Here, only the popularity of the holder is relevant ... and of the former king, because after all it is his father and he was Head of State .. Letizia approves almost with a 60 by the way (which is a lot, especially with the press inventing things about it ...) but has no institutional role; and much less Sofia, who is perceived as a prehistoric animal, that is, as PAST and therefore not linked to the present.
Everyone who interprets as they want. The popularity of Felipe VI is very evident in Spanish society, and his perception as a good, honest, intelligent man, as a magnificent representative both inside and outside our country, is indisputable.
What the Spaniards think of the king's sisters is completely indifferent. They are also past.
ABC may be a serious newspaper but it is VERY pro monarchy and it’s not where I would look if I wanted an unbiased view of the Spanish royal family as individuals or the monarchy as an institution. Case in point: the misleading way it chose to report the results of this poll.

There are various ways polls can be conducted and depending on the methodology used numbers can vary substantially between different polls. It’s not coincidence that poll results often reflect the political stance of the media outlets that commission them. Polls done by organizations like CIS aren’t always perfect, either, but I’d take them with less of a grain of salt than polls such as this one.

In any event, if there was valid polling on the popularity of the SRF and of Juan Carlos in particular done in the 70s and 80s I’d love a link to the results.
Reply With Quote
  #1454  
Old 08-13-2018, 10:47 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 29,807
Posts relating to King Juan Carlos and the alleged Corruption have been moved to this thread.


http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post2141575
Reply With Quote
  #1455  
Old 08-14-2018, 02:46 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 10,760
The monarchy is more safe in Spain than in countries like the Netherlands or Sweden. Reason: the stable democracies and societies over can easily "handle" a shift from a monarchy to a republic.

In Spain (and in Belgium) however, the monarchy and the Constutution are very linked to the very core existence of the state itself. Any proposed change will open Pandora's Box, will open a can of worms and is likely to have a seismic effect on the state and in society.

So weirdly enough a calm, prosperous and stable society will easier swap, simply because liberal and progressive people will possibly have a majority and find a monarchy an anomaly in a 21st C state. In Spain and in Belgium this will not be different, but there other centrifugal powers play a role: the separatistic and secessionist movements.
Reply With Quote
  #1456  
Old 09-07-2018, 02:32 PM
Frozen Royalist's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Raleigh, United States
Posts: 201
I know these polls were from late July but what are your opinions anyway? Essentially it shows 47.4% in favor of a republic and only 49.9% in favor of retaining the constitutional monarchy. Most of the comments weren't exactly pro-monarchy either. There was also support for a referendum on the matter in the 60s percentage wise. I know we had that argument about personal popularity and all with Felipe VI being in the mid-70s and all but I'm surprised that we didn't talk about these polls at the time. I know that I exasperate this over and over again and I'm sorry but are we honestly sure that the system is
secure and especially after the whole Catalonia speech, the allegations towards the former king and princess and of course the increased protests, are we genuinely fine or should we really be worried about that July poll? Also, why didn't we talk about the Forbes article with the monarchy receiving a final bow and what not? In case you guys were wondering the article was from Mid-August I think? I'm just surprised we didn't talk about the article and opinion polls much.

-Frozen Royalist

ElectoPanel: los apoyos a la monarquía bajan del 50%. Los españoles, partidarios de un referéndum. – Electomanía

These polls are from CTXT & ELECTOMANÍA in case you are wondering

https://www.forbes.com/sites/cecilia.../#fbf00e480aab

And this one is from Forbes
Reply With Quote
  #1457  
Old 09-07-2018, 02:48 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,181
Sounds like the Monarchy is far from Popular then...
Reply With Quote
  #1458  
Old 09-07-2018, 05:40 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 29,807
Polls vary ,I don't see any large scale anti Monarchy movement.

The King and his mother are the most popular but his father and wife are not so popular but I think for now the monarchy is safe.
Reply With Quote
  #1459  
Old 09-09-2018, 07:52 AM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 5,594
63.4% of Spaniards see Leonor as Queen

Today, 64.9% of Spaniards claim to be well represented by the Monarchy. In all age segments this feeling is majority. The future of the institution is also guaranteed: 63.4% of Spaniards, compared to 19.8%, affirms that Leonor will inherit, when the time comes, the Crown. It is also the majority opinion of citizens, regardless of their age.

The sympathy towards the Princess of Asturias pushes that 76.7% request an early constitutional reform to end the privileges of the male heirs. A broad majority in all age groups is favorable to it. In addition, 72.8% of citizens ask to be educated as their father.

In the August survey published by LA RAZÓN on the Spanish Monarchy, 70.9% of Spaniards backed King Philip VI in his position of firmness against the separatists who attempted the coup in Catalonia. There is also a large majority that identifies a campaign plotted against the Crown by extremist elements of the left and pro-independence. In all age groups the majority is exceeded: from 53.8% of those under 35 years old to 62.2% of those over 54 years old.

https://translate.google.pt/translat...ina-DI19779695

http://img.kiosko.net/2018/09/09/es/larazon.750.jpg
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #1460  
Old 09-09-2018, 08:00 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 10,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
63.4% of Spaniards see Leonor as Queen

Today, 64.9% of Spaniards claim to be well represented by the Monarchy. In all age segments this feeling is majority. The future of the institution is also guaranteed: 63.4% of Spaniards, compared to 19.8%, affirms that Leonor will inherit, when the time comes, the Crown. It is also the majority opinion of citizens, regardless of their age.

The sympathy towards the Princess of Asturias pushes that 76.7% request an early constitutional reform to end the privileges of the male heirs. A broad majority in all age groups is favorable to it. In addition, 72.8% of citizens ask to be educated as their father.

In the August survey published by LA RAZÓN on the Spanish Monarchy, 70.9% of Spaniards backed King Philip VI in his position of firmness against the separatists who attempted the coup in Catalonia. There is also a large majority that identifies a campaign plotted against the Crown by extremist elements of the left and pro-independence. In all age groups the majority is exceeded: from 53.8% of those under 35 years old to 62.2% of those over 54 years old.

https://translate.google.pt/translat...ina-DI19779695

http://img.kiosko.net/2018/09/09/es/larazon.750.jpg
.

The conclusion in the second sentence, that the future of the monarchy is guaranteed, is a completely wild guess. As the verb says: those who sit high on horseback can fall deep. We only need to look to the once popular Juan Carlos, or Cristina and Iñaki to see how deep a fall can be. Doña Leonor is just a child. Let us wait and see in 30 years time.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
catalonia, future of the monarchy, juan carlist, juan carlos i, royalist, spain, spanish nobility, spanish royal family


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Marriage Between Two Heirs? BritishRoyalist Royal Chit Chat 56 12-28-2020 06:12 PM
Future of the Belgian monarchy Marengo Royal Family of Belgium 122 09-27-2020 08:03 AM
Future of the Dutch Monarchy Marengo Dutch Royals 42 09-25-2020 03:53 AM
The Future of the Danish Monarchy Empress Royal House of Denmark 771 04-18-2020 12:48 PM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abdication america anastasia 2020 baby names biography bridal gown britain britannia british royal family buckingham palace canada china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing cpr daisy dna doge of venice dubai duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii elizabeth ii emperor family life fantasy movie fashion and style george vi hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hypothetical monarchs interesting introduction jewellery jewelry king willem-alexander list of rulers mary: crown princess of denmark mountbatten names nepalese royal family plantinum jubilee pless prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien queen louise queen mathilde resusci anne royal court royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding royal wedding gown russian court dress solomon j solomon stuart thailand united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×