Spanish Royal Easter Vacations (2007-2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leonor and Sofia are so pretty in their floral dresses, love their hairstyle. Letizia went boring as usual, is that a new Jacket? And oh my!!! I hate that hideous jacket of Elena, so ugly!

The Queen,Prince Felipe,Princess Letizia and the Infantas Leonor,Sofia and Elena this year were all present for Easter Sunday Mass at Palma Cathedral .

This is a lovely tradition to follow every year. The outfits are not the main thing. Two lovely little infantas, always charming. The warmth of the queen is always nice to see. About the rest, Letizia looks the best, the queen's blouse is beautiful, but I'd prefer it in somewhere else than at the church.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGrdRg_CQAALyqh.jpg:large

The girls get cuter every time I see them.... :)

This is a lovely tradition to follow every year. The outfits are not the main thing. Two lovely little infantas, always charming. The warmth of the queen is always nice to see. About the rest, Letizia looks the best, the queen's blouse is beautiful, but I'd prefer it in somewhere else than at the church.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGrdRg_CQAALyqh.jpg:large

Look at Sofia holding the hands of her aunt and grandmother.

Very nice picture of the SRF. The girls look precious. I misss the oher grandchildren,though.

The little sisters are too cute and beautiful

Only Leonor has her ears pierced, Sofia hasn't yet. Leonor got hers when they went for school last September, so that's not new, but it seems she got new earrings, because they are bigger than the ones she had before.

The girls are lovely, a credit to their parents. However I can't help but feel that they are being used to try and improve the image of their family.

^I understand your point and last year proved it, but the Easter Mass is a tradition of the Spanish Royal Family, they attended even before the girls were born. Today was like it always were, but with less members, but we all know why!

The girls are lovely, a credit to their parents. However I can't help but feel that they are being used to try and improve the image of their family.

So they couldn't attend at these kind of family events at all? Probably the press would then write quite negative stories about Felipe, Letizia and their girls. Just a few days ago there were complaints in spanish press that Felipe and Letizia don't show their daughters in public as much as the heirs in the other countries.

So they couldn't attend at these kind of family events at all? Probably the press would then write quite negative stories about Felipe, Letizia and their girls. Just a few days ago there were complaints in spanish press that Felipe and Letizia don't show their daughters in public as much as the heirs in the other countries.

When did I say they couldn't attend family events? At no point so I don't know why you are directing that question at me.

It's the body language that makes me uncomfortable. Pushing little girls forward to make them the focus. And watching the video it seems clear to me that little Sofia didn't want to kiss those strangers but was being put forward by her parents. Similarly why are the girls handed off to their grandmother. I love that they are close however in this public appearance they are front and centre with the Queen, taking the focus off the lack of a King.

I don't see from the video that the girls are pushed to be at the focus, they are simply showed to the right direction. And maybe it isn't so nice to kiss these strangers, but it is polite and the girls will have to learn it anyway. It is sometimes tough for them, that they are not "normal" children. Felipe looked like he didn't want to pose for photos after greeting the priests but the photographers wanted it and he knew it was better to do so. The royal family can't risk any more negative press at this point.
033113 spanish royals eastern mass - Images | jose p. gegundez | photographer

Video, Sofia is very cute at the Cathedral
http://www.antena3.com/noticias/esp...a-acuden-misa-pascua-palma_2013033100027.html

Last edited:
Leonor looks like a lady! And wow, the dresse/shoes Leonor and Sofia wore are BEAUTIFUL!

http://www.vanitatis.com/casas-real...se-reduce-al-nucleo-duro-de-los-borbon-23626/

The girls are cute, no question, but for me its too much in terms of picture perfect girlie-girlie styling, as if they were coming straight out of a model catalogue, like living barbie dolls. Personally I prefer the Irene Urdangarin rather tomboy style.

Of course the girls are now being used for image reasons, all royal families do this (eg take a look at Sweden), and the SRF are pretty desperate this days. The girls are owned by the crown, its ok that Sofia has her hands on them and they have to learn to deal with the dignitaries.

The girls are too young to go against something, they do as they are told, at least for now. Question is, do they want to walk around like a perfect barbie girl when they are getting older, learn to think and find their own personality. Leonor obviously seems be keen to please everybody, a good feature for her as future Queen, but I see some rebel potential in Sofia.

OK, and now I go hiding under my chair :hiding:

Last edited:
The girls are cute, no question, but for me its too much in terms of picture perfect girlie-girlie styling, as if they were coming straight out of a model catalogue, like living barbie dolls. Personally I prefer the Irene Urdangarin rather tomboy style.

Of course the girls are now being used for image reasons, all royal families do this (eg take a look at Sweden), and the SRF are pretty desperate this days. The girls are owned by the crown, its ok that Sofia has her hands on them and they have to learn to deal with the dignitaries.

The girls are too young to go against something, they do as they are told, at least for now. Question is, do they want to walk around like a perfect barbie girl when they are getting older, learn to think and find their own personality. Leonor obviously seems be keen to please everybody, a good feature for her as future Queen, but I see some rebel potential in Sofia.

OK, and now I go hiding under my chair :hiding:

I agree completely! Just comparing to other families such as Denmark or Norway the children seem a bit more free and easy.

That´s the beauty of the difference of opinions.:flowers:

I for one don´t like at all the "tomboy" kind of girls that other people seem to prefer. I´ve said many times before that I like Leo and Sofi this way, well-behaved and calmed and not running around or making faces to the cameras.

I don´t understand the comparisons with the Danish and Norwegian children, they are different children, from different families and different cultures, and they obviously have been educated very diferently. And I prefer Leonor´s and Sofia´s ways for sure.

If I had a daughter, I would like her to be exactly like Leonor, instead of, for example, Isabella of Denmark, who seems a lovely child but who honestly sometimes gets on my nerves with her exaggerated behaviour.
Spanish Royals Attend Easter Mass in Palma de Mallorca | jose p. gegundez | photographer

But each child is as he is, I guess, so I will have to conform myself with what I get and deal with it :lol:

Now, I´m going to look for another chair to hide myself under :hiding:

For what my old opinon is worth, I certainly do not like a "tom-boy" dress code for church.

For what my old opinon is worth, I certainly do not like a "tom-boy" dress code for church.

I do not know what a "tom-boy" dress looks like, and less I do not understand why a girl should dress like a boy to go to church or anywhere. :ermm: I think the infantas appear to be normal and beautiful girls and each in their own way already give us a glimpse into their own personalities and preferences. Their parents are doing a great job in bringing them up in their roles as royals.

Well . . .and I am not going to hide under the chair, but will enjoy my afternoon cup of tea :tea:

Back
Top Bottom