Easter Holidays 2016 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had hoped that Infanta Elena ad her daughter might join queen Sofia for Easter but not to be!

The rest of the family might still be in Abu Dhabi.
The King and his family are working, at least Easter Saturday.
Next week they have a busy agenda so no time for vacation.

Is Victoria Federica also a Maestrante ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be the end of a tradition. According to Vanitatis, the Spanish Royal Family should also not be present this year at the Easter Mass in Palma de Mallorca. The Royal Family no longer follows this tradition since 2019.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...s-sin-misa-pascua-mallorca-tradicion_3601206/

Queen Sofia will be around to attend a concert on April 3, safe to say she'll be on the island a bit longer.
My guess is that the family will resurface at some point with Leonor, who should have a school break and return to Madrid over Easter.

We could see Queen Sofia and her sister but I don't think we'll see the King,Queen and daughters.
I don't think Letizia ever enjoyed the Easter Sunday Mass at Palma and always looked a little forced.
There's no point making someone who is not religious attend Mass and be all smiles in public.
Its different for the King and his mother/daughters as they are Catholic.

We could see Queen Sofia and her sister but I don't think we'll see the King,Queen and daughters.
I don't think Letizia ever enjoyed the Easter Sunday Mass at Palma and always looked a little forced.
There's no point making someone who is not religious attend Mass and be all smiles in public.
Its different for the King and his mother/daughters as they are Catholic.

It would be sorry to see this tradition end.

Its really a tradition of Queen Sofia who is religious,her daughter in law is not.

The tradition was established by Sofia in the late 90s, was she only religious from then on? :whistling:

I believe that more than a religious issue, an issue that the Spanish Royal Family, except at weddings, baptisms and funerals, has always lived personally and discreetly, it was a way of justifying her choice of Mallorca as a vacation spot and of forcing the family to the photo. Except for Sofía, the rest of the family did not spend their holidays in Mallorca and they traveled forcedly on the weekend for the photo. It was pretty absurd.

Like last year, King Felipe spent the weekend in Majorca with his mother and aunt, but he is now back in Madrid where he had to sign an important decree today, which I imagine has prevented him from traveling with queen Letizia and the infanta Sofía who will be enjoying a few days of vacation until Leonor's arrival on Thursday.

Its really a tradition of Queen Sofia who is religious,her daughter in law is not.

Letizia doesn't have that much power. The government ends this tradition and saves a huge security bill ;). Spain is a secular state and Pedro Sánchez government is not religious.
Last year Sofia returned to Madrid to attend the Mass with the rest of the family at the Zarzuela Chapel.

Last edited:
Letizia doesn't have that much power. The government ends this tradition and saves a huge security bill ;). Spain is a secular state and Pedro Sánchez government is not religious.
Last year Sofia returned to Madrid to attend the Mass with the rest of the family at the Zarzuela Chapel.

If the Royal Family wanted to go to this mass they could go, I think there would be no impediment. They probably prefer to live these religious matters more in private.

This evening, April 3, Queen Sofia and Princess Irene attended the annual Easter concert at the Cathedral of Mallorca for the benefit of "Projecte Home Balears" that offers drug withdrawal programmes.

** gtresnews gallery ** casareal **

Last edited:
I assume Letizia was happy that after the disaster in 2018 and the 'make-up appearance' in 2019, she wasn't accepted to attend in 2020 due to Corona and made sure it stays that way for the forseeable future.

Like last year, King Felipe spent the weekend in Majorca with his mother and aunt, but he is now back in Madrid where he had to sign an important decree today, which I imagine has prevented him from traveling with queen Letizia and the infanta Sofía who will be enjoying a few days of vacation until Leonor's arrival on Thursday.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...03/rey-felipe-palma-inaki-urdangarin_3604648/

Felipe went to a restaurant with friends and had his photo taken with the patrone and his team.

I assume Letizia was happy that after the disaster in 2018 and the 'make-up appearance' in 2019, she wasn't accepted to attend in 2020 due to Corona and made sure it stays that way for the forseeable future.

It did seem Sánchez and Letizia were doing each other a favor, one was able to save some security expense, the other didn't have to attend ?.

Or at the concert with Sofia and Irene either ;)

Inaki and his girlfriend can attend the Sunday Mass since no RF member will go :lol:.

Last edited by a moderator:
It did seem Sánchez and Letizia were doing each other a favor, one was able to save some security expense, the other didn't have to attend ?.

That would not surprise me at all ;)

Doña Sofía wonderful as always, defending catholic traditions better than most born Catholics. I do wish she had used a mantilla instead of that ugly jacket. Princess Eiríni looks so very frail and tiny, almost like a child.

Doña Simonetta looks about 10 years younger than she is. Wow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom