Death & Funeral of Cayetana Fitz-James Stuart, 18th Duchess of Alba: Nov 20+21, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is the New King Still Ennobling people?

His father created a few dozen new noble titles, I believe. Mostly Marquesses. Has Felipe done that yet or made any statement about whether he plans to continue the tradition?

Pneumonia is not good,especially at the age of the Duchess.I hope she improves as Her Excellency has been looking quite frail for some time.

News from the Spanish Nobility

That's sad. I hope she didn't suffer to much.
G-d bless her soul.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
The Duchess had an extraordinary life, may she rest in peace. It was clear that she only went home to die there surrounded by her family.

Duchess of Alba , passed away this early morning .
so sad to hear the news , my her soul rest in peace :(

Sad news, she was one of the people who gave color to life. May she rest in peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
What sad news,may she rest in peace.

I'm so sorry, it's really sad. She certainly gave more color to this greyish world.

May God will receive her and give confort to her family.

And God bless the new Duke of Alba.

I'm wondering if members of the Royal Family will attend her funeral,she was friendly with Queen Sofia and the Infantas Elena,Pilar and Margarita.

What a sad News to hear. She war a truly COLOURFUL Lady. LIVING every Inch of second of her life.
I am sure, members of the RF will attend. I even assume, that the King and Queen will attend.
BYe Bine

May she rest in peace.

RIP to this extraordinary woman...

She was extremely likeable, may she rest in peace

Oh this is terribly sad news - I do not think there will ever be another lady like her in Spain or elsewhere. She was extraordinary, unique, unusual - all the words that sum up one: Cayetana.

RIP :sad:. A huge figure of the Spanish nobility and probably one who will be remembered.

Back
Top Bottom