80th Birthday of The Infanta Pilar of Spain

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
80th Birthday of The Infanta Pilar of Spain, Duchess of Badajoz, Dowager Viscountess de la Torre

The Infanta Pilar turns 80 on July 30th and its strongly rumoured that there will be a large gathering of the extended Royal Family at her summer residence at Calviá in Mallorca to celebrate this milestone.

155px-Coat_of_arms_of_Infanta_Pilar_of_Spain%2C_Duchess_of_Badajoz.svg.png

Beltrán and his wife have their newborn son in hospital because he was born two months ahead his date. It's understandable if they choose to stay in Madrid rather than going to Palma, I'm sure doña Pilar agrees.

I have to agree. Even if her 80th, with his son in the NICU I think it likely hard for him to think of leaving Madrid right now . And I am sure like most grandmas, Pilar would have been the first person to tell him to stay with his wife and baby. :flowers:

As usually Infanta Elena disappoints in a pajama pants and abundance of cheap-looking jewellery. Was Infanta Cristina in attendance?

Last edited:
I don't see the Queen Letizia and the two infantas;

According to the press Letizia and the girls weren't there, and the Urdangarin family.

IMO there is no love lost between Letizia and the Borbon family and she hates to expose the girls to the media, we'll see what the press gets this year, they expect the girls to do a sailing course like their cousins but this hasn't happened. It's a pity that the cousins don't see much of each other.

I guess we'll see the usual forced photocall with Letizia clinging on the girls with 'us against them' attitude and that's it.

Doña Letizia, la gran ausente en el cumpleaños de Doña Pilar

I wonder if Infanta Margarita made it to Mallorca for her sisters birthday?

I read on another board that Margarita was unable to come as she is recovering from surgery in Madrid.:sad:

That's what I was also thinking.

According to the press Letizia and the girls weren't there, and the Urdangarin family.

IMO there is no love lost between Letizia and the Borbon family and she hates to expose the girls to the media, we'll see what the press gets this year, they expect the girls to do a sailing course like their cousins but this hasn't happened. It's a pity that the cousins don't see much of each other.

I guess we'll see the usual forced photocall with Letizia clinging on the girls with 'us against them' attitude and that's it.

Doña Letizia, la gran ausente en el cumpleaños de Doña Pilar
If she could, Infanta Cristina would be delighted to attend.

As for Queen Letizia, I guess observing decencies is an alien concept for her. I doubt that the Bourbons are in the habit of foisting themselves on her.

Back
Top Bottom