25th Anniversary of the Spanish Constitution: December 6, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xicamaluca

Courtier
City
Portugal
Country
Portugal
Today there was the celebrations of the 25th Aniversary of the Spanish Constituition. This was the first official act of Letizia :flower:

This is a link to an article from El Mundo about Letizia's first official act:
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2003/12/06/e...1070709363.html

1. This is the first pic that i found from Felipe and Letizia in the act

2. The royal family during King Juan Carlos speech

3. The King during teh speech made in the National Congress

4. Letiza, Felipe and Queen Sofia

5. The Kings

6. A bigger pic from Felipe and Letizia

7. The kings

8. Iñaki, Letizia and Jaime in balcony during the play of the Spanish National Anthem

9. The Royal family saluting the autorities in the arrival to the National Congress

10. All family assiting to the military parade :flower:

Attachments

• 1070709363_0.jpg
    1070709363_0.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 539
  • 1070713328_extras_fotos_del_dia_1.jpg
    1070713328_extras_fotos_del_dia_1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 544
  • 1070711681_1.jpg
    1070711681_1.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 494
  • 1070711681_2.jpg
    1070711681_2.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 442
  • congreso.jpg
    congreso.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 385
  • pareja.jpg
    pareja.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 288
  • revista.jpg
    revista.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 496
  • himno.jpg
    himno.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 463
  • espaldas.jpg
    espaldas.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 539
  • todos.jpg
    todos.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 491
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Xica, for the hard and wonderful work you do keeping us all up to date :D.

I have a question though.

Has anyone noticed that the picture of the Royal Family sitting down does not include Leticia? After viewing previous pictures I have noticed that the husbands of the Infantas do not sit with their wives during official occasions such as speeches and presentations. For example, the anniversary of the constitution. However, HM Queen Sofia does sit with the group. I am assuming that this is because she is Queen.

The question is as follows.

Will Leticia, upon marriage to Felipe, sit with the constitutionally recognized royal family as Princess of the Asturias or will she have to wait until she is Queen to sit with the main part of the family?

Have a great weekend
^_^

xicamaluca thank you for the pictures and your hard work.....
it will be great to know later on what was thought about this in spein.... articles and media....

Originally posted by regina72@Dec 6th, 2003 - 1:43 pm
Will Leticia, upon marriage to Felipe, sit with the constitutionally recognized royal family as Princess of the Asturias or will she have to wait until she is Queen to sit with the main part of the family?
The husbands of the Infantas don't sit with the rest of the royal family because they don't have the title of "Royal Higness", so they can't be with the Infantas. the same happen with Letizia today.

When Letiza marries Felipe, she will became HRH Princess of Asturias, a rank bigger than the Infantas, so she will be with Felipe in this type of ocasions :flower:

(i read this in an article, i will try to know if is totaly correct)

Btw, Happy borthday to Pablo Nicolas, Cristina and Iñaki second son :heart:

Yahoo! News
Spanish King Juan Carlos (2L) flanked by Spanish Queen Sofia (2R) and Spanish Crown Prince Felipe ® is applauded by the Spanish parliament members during the 25th anniversary of the 1978 Spanish constitution at Madrid's parliament December 6, 2003. As the constitution turns 25, the power-hungry regions of the Basque Country and Catalonia are seeking reforms of the constitution that the central government in Madrid find unacceptable. REUTERS/Andrea Comas

Yahoo! News
Spanish King Juan Carlos © flanked by Spanish Queen Sofia (2R) and Spanish Crown Prince Felipe ® receives applause from the Spanish parliament members during the 25th anniversary of the 1978 Spanish constitution at Madrid's parliament December 6, 2003. Just as the constitution turns 25, the regions of the Basque Country and Catalonia are seeking reforms of the constitution that the central government in Madrid find unacceptable. REUTERS/Andrea Comas

Yahoo! News
Spanish Queen Sofia (L) and her son Crown Prince Felipe listen to speeches during the 25th anniversary of the 1978 Spanish constitution at Madrid's parliament December 6, 2003. Just as the constitution turns 25, the regions of the Basque Country and Catalonia are seeking reforms of the constitution that the central government in Madrid find unacceptable. REUTERS/Andrea Comas

Yahoo! News
Spanish King Juan Carlos © smiles as he receives applause from Spanish parliament members during the 25th anniversary of the 1978 Spanish constitution at Madrid's parliament December 6, 2003. As the constitution turns 25, the regions of the Basque Country and Catalonia are seeking reforms of the constitution that the central government in Madrid find unacceptable. REUTERS/Andrea Comas

Attachments

• r1223179163.jpg
    r1223179163.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 369
  • r4260578563.jpg
    r4260578563.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 409
  • r2984336680.jpg
    r2984336680.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 412
  • r2514941692.jpg
    r2514941692.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 305
It would be nice to see her smile at least a little...

Originally posted by Cissan@Dec 6th, 2003 - 4:00 pm
It would be nice to see her smile at least a little...
Yahoo! News
Spanish television presenter Letizia Ortiz ©, fiance of Spanish Crown Prince Felipe, talks to Inaqui Urdangarin (L), husband of Spanish Princess Cristina, next to Jaime Marichalar, husband of Spanish Princess Elena, during the 25th anniversary of the 1978 Spanish constitution at Madrid's parliament December 6, 2003. Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz will marry in Madrid May 22, 2004. REUTERS/Andrea Comas

Yahoo! News
Spanish television presenter Letizia Ortiz, fiancee of Spanish Crown Prince Felipe, smiles during the 25th anniversary of the 1978 Spanish constitution at Madrid's parliament December 6, 2003. Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz will marry in Madrid May 22, 2004. REUTERS/Andrea Comas

Yahoo! News
Spanish television presenter Letizia Ortiz ©, fiance of Spanish Crown Prince Felipe, talks to Inaqui Urdangarin, husband of Spanish Princess Cristina, during the 25th anniversary of the 1978 Spanish constitution at Madrid's parliament December 6, 2003. Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz will marry in Madrid May 22, 2004. REUTERS/Andrea Comas

Yahoo! News
Spanish television presenter Letizia Ortiz, fiancee of Spanish Crown Prince Felipe, arrives for the 25th anniversary of the 1978 Spanish constitution at Madrid's parliament December 6, 2003. Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz will marry in Madrid May 22, 2004. REUTERS/Andrea Comas

Attachments

• r2995431726.jpg
    r2995431726.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 265
  • r1699116873.jpg
    r1699116873.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 273
  • r1074366241.jpg
    r1074366241.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 428
  • r3613279226.jpg
    r3613279226.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 274
MADRID, SPAIN: Prince Felipe and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz chat in front of the Spanish Parliament, "Las Cortes" during the military parade held in Madrid, 06 December 2003 on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the Spanish Constitution. AFP PHOTO Pierre-Philippe MARCOU (Photo credit should read PIERRE PHILIPPE MARCOU/AFP/Getty Images)

MADRID, SPAIN: Prince Felipe of Spain and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz chat in front of the Spanish Parliament, "Las Cortes" during the military parade held in Madrid, 06 December 2003 on the occasion of 25th anniversary of the Spanish Constitution. AFP PHOTO/ Pierre-Philippe MARCOU (Photo credit should read PIERRE PHILIPPE MARCOU/AFP/Getty Images)

MADRID, SPAIN: Prince Felipe and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz stand in front of the Spanish Parliament, "Las Cortes" during the military parade held in Madrid, 06 December 2003 on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the Spanish Constitution. AFP PHOTO/ Pedro Armestre (Photo credit should read PEDRO ARMESTRE/AFP/Getty Images)

MADRID, SPAIN: Prince Felipe and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz stand in front of the Spanish Parliament, "Las Cortes" during the military parade held in Madrid, 06 December 2003 on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the Spanish Constitution. AFP PHOTO/ Pedro Armestre (Photo credit should read PEDRO ARMESTRE/AFP/Getty Images)

MADRID, SPAIN: (Right to Left/ foreground)) Spanish royals including Queen Sofia King Juan Carlos Prince Felipe and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz stand in front of the Spain's Parliament, "Las Cortes" during the military parade held in Madrid, 06 December 2003 on the occasion of the 25 anniversary of the Spanish Constitution. AFP PHOTO Pedro ARMESTRE (Photo credit should read PEDRO ARMESTRE/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 2788452.jpg
    2788452.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 2788394.jpg
    2788394.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 2788382.jpg
    2788382.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 267
  • 2788350.jpg
    2788350.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 381
  • 2788367.jpg
    2788367.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 351
so any articles yet does the spainards adore her?
what was the comments on TV

Two things. Is this a non-smiling event at the beginning? Letizia looked rather serious. Also why more events around lunch time? I can't get up too early. I would have thought the Spanish would plan more events in the late afternoon. O, well. Another missed TV appearance for me.

Very nice pictures xicamaluca. Thank you for posting pictures of Letizia's first appearance since the engagement announcement.

Letizia's suit if very nice, and seems just perfect for the occasion. And nice to see her in a skirt rather than pants again!

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 6th, 2003 - 5:23 pm
Two things. Is this a non-smiling event at the beginning? Letizia looked rather serious. Also why more events around lunch time? I can't get up too early. I would have thought the Spanish would plan more events in the late afternoon. O, well. Another missed TV appearance for me.
Just imaging how tense she was. This was her first official appearence and she sould have been realy nervous. All eyes on her to see if she has been a good student this last month ;)

Is quite usual this time of events be at this time. After there is somotimes a lunch with the autorities (i think that today was the case)

Okay. I know how tense she was. I can imagine. But I was just curious about it. As for the time, I was just complaining because I missed it.

Originally posted by Josefine@Dec 6th, 2003 - 4:46 pm
so any articles yet does the spainards adore her?
what was the comments on TV
Concret articles about her performance today only tomorrow, when the newspapers came out ;)

What i can't tell you is that, in another boards, people that criticized Letizia say that she did it quite well today. Very discret, in her clothes and behavior, that she didn't the same mistakes as in the engagement day (she was a good student this past month :p ). And that was understanding her being stiff because being nervous and tense :flower:

Nice pic from the couple, during the military parade :flower:

Attachments

• parejareal.jpg
    parejareal.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 387
I love her outfit! A gray suit may seem plain, but I think she pulled it off just right. It's neither fussy nor boring, and it "suits" her perfectly. I predict that Letizia is going to be one of the best-dressed royals ever.

Pics from tonigth concert :flower:

MADRID, SPAIN - DECEMBER 6: Crown Prince Felipe of Spain and fiancee Letizia Ortiz attends a special concert at the Royal Theatre for the 25th Aniversary of the Spanish Constitution on December 6, 2003 in Madrid, Spain. (Photo by Carlos Alvarez/Getty Images)

MADRID, SPAIN - DECEMBER 6: The Spanish Royal Family attends a special concert at the Royal Theatre for the 25th Aniversary of the Spanish Constitution on December 6, 2003 in Madrid, Spain. (Photo by Carlos Alvarez/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 2789193.jpg
    2789193.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 272
  • 2789194.jpg
    2789194.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 2789192.jpg
    2789192.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 2789191.jpg
    2789191.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 272
  • 2789190.jpg
    2789190.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 2789189.jpg
    2789189.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 261
  • 2789188.jpg
    2789188.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 265
  • 2789187.jpg
    2789187.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 391
  • 2789119.jpg
    2789119.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 278
  • 2789143.jpg
    2789143.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 252
Were the King and Queen not sent the notice regarding the dark clothes dress-code only for the concert?!

Or just pure coincidence that Infanta Elena and Cristina, Prince Felipe and the Infanta's husbands all wore dark suits?

Originally posted by Alexandria@Dec 6th, 2003 - 11:28 pm
Were the King and Queen not sent the notice regarding the dark clothes dress-code only for the concert?!

Or just pure coincidence that Infanta Elena and Cristina, Prince Felipe and the Infanta's husbands all wore dark suits?
I think that was a coincidence :p Funny one :flower:

2 things comes to mind:

1. I'm not loving Felipe's pink shirt... :unsure:

2. I think Infanta Christina looks diffrent from before. You can't see it that well in the pictures, but I don't really recognise her. But she looks good. Has she undergine surgery or something or is it just an age-thing?

Originally posted by Cissan@Dec 7th, 2003 - 8:50 am
2. I think Infanta Christina looks diffrent from before. You can't see it that well in the pictures, but I don't really recognise her. But she looks good. Has she undergine surgery or something or is it just an age-thing?
I've heard rumours that Cristina have done a plastic surgery. I don't know if is true :unsure:

MADRID, SPAIN - DECEMBER 6: Crown Prince Felipe of Spain and fiancee Letizia Ortiz attends a special concert at the Royal Theatre for the 25th Aniversary of the Spanish Constitution on December 6, 2003 in Madrid, Spain. (Photo by Carlos Alvarez/Getty Images)

MADRID, SPAIN: Queen Sofia ®, Prince Felipe © and his fiancee, Letizia Ortiz (L), pose during the commemorative concert for the 25th anniversary of the Spanish constitution in the Royal theatre of Madrid 06 December 2003. (Photo credit should read PEDRO ARMESTRE/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 2789198.jpg
    2789198.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 232
  • 2789179.JPG
    2789179.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 2789182.jpg
    2789182.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 239
  • 2789185.jpg
    2789185.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 246
I don't necessarily think Infanta Cristina has had cosmetic surgery done, just that we are not used to seeing her all dolled up like she was for this event. I think she always looks nice when she is performing duties, but not as done up, with the hair styled differently than ususal and more of an effort with makeup. And it was an evening event, so her make up is different from when she does it during the day.

I think we are just used to seeing Cristina more casual, with her hair pulled back in a ponytail.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia/KORPA 20009, Madrid, Spanien. FIRST OFFICIAL ACT FOR D. LETIZIA, PRINCE FELIPE FIANCEE LETIZIA ORTIZ, PRINCE FELIPE OF SPAIN FIANCEE, ATTENDED HER FIST OFFICIAL ACT TO CONMEMORATE THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF SPANISH CONSTITUTION. SHE WAS PRESENT AT THE MORNING OFFICIAL ACT WHEN THE KING OF SPAIN TALKED ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF THE CONSTITUTION FOR MODERN SPAIN. SHE WAS SITTED WITH HER FUTURE BROTHERS-IN-LAW JAIME DE MARICHALAR, PRINCESS ELENA HUSBAND AND INAKI UNDARAGARIN PRINCESS CRISTINA HUSBAND. DONA LETIZIA WAS SALUDATED BY ALL THE GOVERNMENT MEMBERS AND SHE WAS WITH THE ROYAL FAMILY AT THE MILITARY PARADE AS PART OF THE OFFICAL MORNING ACTS. DRESSED IN AN ELEGANT DARK COLOR TWO PIECE SUIT SHE WAS LOOKING GREAT AND SHE SEEMED CONFIDENT.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia/KORPA 20009, Madrid, Spanien. FIRST OFFICIAL ACT FOR D. LETIZIA, PRINCE FELIPE FIANCEE LETIZIA ORTIZ, PRINCE FELIPE OF SPAIN FIANCEE, ATTENDED HER FIST OFFICIAL ACT TO CONMEMORATE THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF SPANISH CONSTITUTION. SHE WAS PRESENT AT THE MORNING OFFICIAL ACT WHEN THE KING OF SPAIN TALKED ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF THE CONSTITUTION FOR MODERN SPAIN. SHE WAS SITTED WITH HER FUTURE BROTHERS-IN-LAW JAIME DE MARICHALAR, PRINCESS ELENA HUSBAND AND INAKI UNDARAGARIN PRINCESS CRISTINA HUSBAND. DONA LETIZIA WAS SALUDATED BY ALL THE GOVERNMENT MEMBERS AND SHE WAS WITH THE ROYAL FAMILY AT THE MILITARY PARADE AS PART OF THE OFFICAL MORNING ACTS. DRESSED IN AN ELEGANT DARK COLOR TWO PIECE SUIT SHE WAS LOOKING GREAT AND SHE SEEMED CONFIDENT.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia/KORPA 20009, Madrid, Spanien. Picture: Undangarin, Ortiz and Jaimez FIRST OFFICIAL ACT FOR D. LETIZIA, PRINCE FELIPE FIANCEE LETIZIA ORTIZ, PRINCE FELIPE OF SPAIN FIANCEE, ATTENDED HER FIST OFFICIAL ACT TO CONMEMORATE THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF SPANISH CONSTITUTION. SHE WAS PRESENT AT THE MORNING OFFICIAL ACT WHEN THE KING OF SPAIN TALKED ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF THE CONSTITUTION FOR MODERN SPAIN. SHE WAS SITTED WITH HER FUTURE BROTHERS-IN-LAW JAIME DE MARICHALAR, PRINCESS ELENA HUSBAND AND INAKI UNDARAGARIN PRINCESS CRISTINA HUSBAND. DONA LETIZIA WAS SALUDATED BY ALL THE GOVERNMENT MEMBERS AND SHE WAS WITH THE ROYAL FAMILY AT THE MILITARY PARADE AS PART OF THE OFFICAL MORNING ACTS. DRESSED IN AN ELEGANT DARK COLOR TWO PIECE SUIT SHE WAS LOOKING GREAT AND SHE SEEMED CONFIDENT.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia/KORPA 20009, Madrid, Spanien. Picture: Undangarin, Ortiz and Jaimez FIRST OFFICIAL ACT FOR D. LETIZIA, PRINCE FELIPE FIANCEE LETIZIA ORTIZ, PRINCE FELIPE OF SPAIN FIANCEE, ATTENDED HER FIST OFFICIAL ACT TO CONMEMORATE THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF SPANISH CONSTITUTION. SHE WAS PRESENT AT THE MORNING OFFICIAL ACT WHEN THE KING OF SPAIN TALKED ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF THE CONSTITUTION FOR MODERN SPAIN. SHE WAS SITTED WITH HER FUTURE BROTHERS-IN-LAW JAIME DE MARICHALAR, PRINCESS ELENA HUSBAND AND INAKI UNDARAGARIN PRINCESS CRISTINA HUSBAND. DONA LETIZIA WAS SALUDATED BY ALL THE GOVERNMENT MEMBERS AND SHE WAS WITH THE ROYAL FAMILY AT THE MILITARY PARADE AS PART OF THE OFFICAL MORNING ACTS. DRESSED IN AN ELEGANT DARK COLOR TWO PIECE SUIT SHE WAS LOOKING GREAT AND SHE SEEMED CONFIDENT.

Attachments

• 07_Felipe_20Ortiz_20official_9.jpg
    07_Felipe_20Ortiz_20official_9.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 331
  • 07_Felipe_20Ortiz_20official_6.jpg
    07_Felipe_20Ortiz_20official_6.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 303
  • 07_Felipe_20Ortiz_20official_2.jpg
    07_Felipe_20Ortiz_20official_2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 255
  • 07_Felipe_20Ortiz_20official_17.jpg
    07_Felipe_20Ortiz_20official_17.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 366
  • 07_Felipe_20Ortiz_20official_16.jpg
    07_Felipe_20Ortiz_20official_16.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 239
  • 07_Felipe_20Ortiz_20official_1.jpg
    07_Felipe_20Ortiz_20official_1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 260
  • 07_Felipe_20opening_6.jpg
    07_Felipe_20opening_6.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 422
  • 07_Felipe_20opening_4.jpg
    07_Felipe_20opening_4.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 07_Felipe_20opening_3.jpg
    07_Felipe_20opening_3.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 370
  • 07_Felipe_20opening_2.jpg
    07_Felipe_20opening_2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 344
  • 07_Felipe_20opening_1.jpg
    07_Felipe_20opening_1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 260
I wonder why Jaime didn't applause the royal family, like all, when the enter in the room? :unsure:

Originally posted by xicamaluca@Dec 7th, 2003 - 3:22 pm
I wonder why Jaime didn't applause the royal family, like all, when the enter in the room? :unsure:

I don't think he can clap, actually. The way he always holds his left hand shows that he still suffers strength and movement problems that came along with his stroke. A sign that it was a rather severe one.
I'm afraid he will keep that handicap forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom