Wedding Prince João Philippe de Orleans e Bragança and Yasmin Paranaguá, July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alberto2244

Aristocracy
City
-
Country
Brazil
Son of D. João and Stella. He will marry to Yasmin, 26 yo., daughter of Naná and Pedro Paranaguá.
Civil ceremony on 20th July. Religious one on 3d August in Paraty.

Good news!

I wish all the happiness for the young couple.

Naná and Pedro Paranaguá are wonderful people, I met them once.

Maybe Prince Alberto and Princess Maritza and Princess Maria Gabriela (Lelli) of Orleans-Braganza will attend, as they seems to have a good relationship with Prince João Henrique.

After the religious cerimony, Yasmin will be styled as Her Royal Highness Princess Yasmin of Orleans-Braganza (Sua Alteza Real Princesa Dona Yasmin de Orleans e Bragança).

How interesting!! I read other 'royal' blogs but haven't heard about this couple. She's very pretty, but he looks a little shady to me.

How interesting!! I read other 'royal' blogs but haven't heard about this couple. She's very pretty, but he looks a little shady to me.

I don't remember if I ever met with Yasmin.

My parents never liked Prince João Philippe's father, so I don't know much about him.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me how Joao Philippe is related to Amélia Orléans-Bragança?

Does the young couple live in Brazil?

I believe that their paternal great grandfathers were brothers.

Can someone explain to me how Joao Philippe is related to Amélia Orléans-Bragança?

They are third cousins. Their most recent common ancestors were Princess Isabel, Head of the Imperial House of Brazil (1846-1921), and Prince Gaston, Count of Eu (1842-1922).

Prince João Philippe is a great-grandson of Princess Isabel's oldest son, Prince Pedro de Alcântara (1875-1940), while Princess Amélia is a great-granddaughter of Princess Isabel's second son, Prince Luiz Maria (1878-1920).

In 1908, Prince Pedro de Alcântara renounced his rights to the Brazilian Throne. His younger brother became the Heir. None of the descendants of Prince Pedro de Alcântara are members of the Imperial Family of Brazil.

That's why Amélia is a Princess of Brazil, while João Philippe is "just" a Prince of Orleans-Braganza.

Last edited:
Thanks to all for posting information and pictures. Lovely couple, I wish them well.

Back
Top Bottom