Wedding of Princess Maria Theresia of Thurn und Taxis and Hugo Wilson: 12.09.2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yorkshirerose

Commoner
City
leeds
Country
United Kingdom
Btw are we posting wedding information (guests, dresses, music, jewels, articles) here at Princely House of Thurn und Taxis 3: July 2011 - or Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility?

:previous:
Thanks for the photos!
I am looking forward to seeing wedding photos.

Thanks for the photos!
I am looking forward to seeing wedding photos.

There are apparently more photographs inside the church (go to getty images). Looks like Maria will have a few young chlild attendants and Albert walking her down the aisle (which was to be expected). She looks beautiful. I think the priest performing the ceremony is a British priest whos a family friend?

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos!
The headband tiara looks odd. The dress is not pure white and seems to have some pattern on the skirt. Hopefully we shall see better photos.
Princess Gloria is in a lovely dirndl with great pearls. Andrea Casiraghi and his spouse are in attendance.

Last edited:
:previous:Yes, the headband looked odd. I can't hide my disappointment that Maria Theresia didn't wear a tiara. It was to be expected, she's not one for conventional look. But her mother knows how to make a tiara look unconventional. The knowledge is in the family;)!

This is specualtion, but did some of the female guests look like they were expecting? Or are that just the coats needed for a rainy day in Bavaria?

Edit::ROFLMAO:
"Don't forget the flowers!"
Princess Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis Gloria von Thurn und Taxis and... Nachrichtenfoto 455368368 | Getty Images
Edit II:
http://www.gettyimages.de/detail/na...nd-taxis-gloria-von-nachrichtenfoto/455368740

Last edited:
It is interesting that Princess Maria Theresia decided not to wear a more opulent piece from the family vaults.

Why did Princess Gloria have a tray with flowers? Is it a tradition?

Tatiana Casiraghi's dress was loose, indeed. So I would say that your assumptions may be accurate.

Princess Elisabeth's Flintstonesque necklace was overwhelming. Princess Alessandra Borghese's ensemble reminded me of pajamas.

Last edited:
Tatiana Casiraghi usually favours wide clothes, but this coat also made me speculate. I also thought that the coat of Princess Sarah von Isenburg looked unusually wide.

I have no idea about the tray of flowers, at least I don't know about any tradition like that.

It seems that Gloria passed the Flintstone-gene on to her daughter. I wonder if they are real stone? It must weigh a ton!

Tatiana Casiraghi usually favours wide clothes, but this coat also made me speculate. I also thought that the coat of Princess Sarah von Isenburg looked unusually wide.

... [snipped]
You may be right about Princess Sarah von Isenburg. A rich flowery pattern deflects attention away from the coat size.

Last edited:
So many weird styles on this wedding.

The bride...what is she wearing? That is such an unusual wedding gown,I really dislike the print and the waist. And red lips? :eek: however the headband is cute but it is so hidden with that haistyle and veil, I could not see it until that side close-up.

The guests look like "royal clowns":lol: So many fun and crazy outfits there!

For me Tatiana was the best dressed of them all, so classy, simple and pretty. I don't think she is pregnant. Just because she has bigger belly, doesn't mean she is pregnant, instead she is like most of us and not hollywood-y or royalty perfect body. I admire her for being natural and happy with her own body.

Hugo's mother and sister
http://http://www.gettyimages.co.uk...m-hugo-wilson-attend-the-news-photo/455373060
I havent seen any photographs which identify Hugo's father yet. I presume he attended the wedding (unless there is some estrangement or he is ill).

Is it possible that what most people think is a "head band" worn by the bride is really is a really a "modified tiara" ... kinda looks like Mette Marit's Daisy Tiara, doesn't it. Now, I am NOT suggesting that the bride borrowed it from MM ... just saying that it "resembles" it.

I have never seen such a dreadful wedding dress and what is it about these completely over sized necklaces that the family like to wear.Today it was Elizabeth and yesterday it was Gloria?????

Congratulations to the couple! :flowers:
I'm not a fan of Princess Maria Theresia's dress at all, it's probably my least favourite royal wedding dress. The floral print is quite unusual and interesting, but it reminds me of a tablecloth. I do like her veil and bouquet though, and she herself looks lovely. On another note, I found it interesting that Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana attended - do we know what their connections to the new couple are?

Wedding of Princess Maria Theresia of Thurn und Taxis and Hugo Wilson: 12.09....

Well that's a typical TnT wedding if you ask me. ? I can't help but think Vivienne Westwood when I look at that dress but nevertheless Maria Theresia looks lovely. As for the Casiraghi Connection I seem to recall that the TnT siblings and the Casiraghis are old friends. Albert was often spotted in Rome together with Pierre and Beatrice. And isn't Caroline a friend of Gloria too?!

Maria Theresia looks identical to a young Gloria. The Colbert couple looked ridiculous, but to each his own. If I were looking at the photos and didn't know that royalty and very old fortunes involved, I'd say it looked like any ceremony

So many weird styles on this wedding.

The bride...what is she wearing? That is such an unusual wedding gown,I really dislike the print and the waist. And red lips? :eek: however the headband is cute but it is so hidden with that haistyle and veil, I could not see it until that side close-up.

The guests look like "royal clowns":lol: So many fun and crazy outfits there!

For me Tatiana was the best dressed of them all, so classy, simple and pretty. I don't think she is pregnant. Just because she has bigger belly, doesn't mean she is pregnant, instead she is like most of us and not hollywood-y or royalty perfect body. I admire her for being natural and happy with her own body.

You sure took the words right out of my mouth.......that is the ugliest wedding dress I have ever seen, what the heck was she thinking...........even the guests look like they are circus entertainers putting on a show to see who stood out the best and who got the most attention from the media circus...............and GTNT, a peasant dress, ..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Quite awkward for the society reporter Marie Waldburg: She predicted in some German TV-interview that no first class royal will attend because "those aren´t really friends of MT and Hugo and they will only invite nobility who is friends with the T+Taxis family...." and as far as I can remember she among others strictly ruled out the Casiraghis....

I think Maria's dress was tasteful really for TNT wedding dress (it suited her and she looked very sweet with Albert and Hugo towering over her).

Agreed though Gloria should have bought a nice new outfit from chanel/valentino for the wedding of her eldest child. Im all for embracing Bravarian heritage but it looks like she couldnt be bothered spending the money.

Albert looked smart and Elisabeth was ok (if one overlooks the gloves).

I noticed the dress of the guests in general was less elegant than at other Gotha weddings (there doesnt seem to have been a strict dress code).

In my opinion if the casiraghis and the hannovers came it is because they like Maria herself not because it was a society wedding. The german magazines like Bild and Bunte make it into a competition and pour a mixture of sugar and suspicision on every wedding they cover.

Who cares about the guest list as long as Hugo's family was not crossed off the guest list to make room for d-list celebrities and nobles.

The exiled royals and the highest gotha will probably come for Albert's wedding and the magazines will go crazy.

Does anyone know where the wedding breakfast/ reception will be held. I imagine at St Emmeran palace. The ballroom there is quite spectacular.

while i wouldn't have chosen it for myself, i actually like the idea of the patterned dress for MT. the pattern is pretty and the whole thing is original and rule breaking - which is totally T+T. ;)

Congratulations to the couple! :flowers:
I'm not a fan of Princess Maria Theresia's dress at all, it's probably my least favourite royal wedding dress. The floral print is quite unusual and interesting, but it reminds me of a tablecloth. I do like her veil and bouquet though, and she herself looks lovely. On another note, I found it interesting that Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana attended - do we know what their connections to the new couple are?

i believe they must have met in london, as Andrea and tatiana lived (still live?) there. i would imagine they frequented the same circles, i somehow expected them to be there for the wedding.

It was a bit painful to see all these traditional cultural clubs like Schützenvereine, Musikvereine, Zunften, Gilden, etc. turning up at this wedding to bring a nice homage to the wedded couple and be confronted with a totally out-of-place us-kowns-us metropolitan "trash chic" style of people. I wonder what these people will say, when back in their homes, about the creatures they saw in their nice traditional village and for whom they offered their free time...

Anyway, congratulations to bride and groom. I hope that this clownesque wedding was the dream-start they wanted. For the rest it had nothing to do with a royal wedding in the ancient House Thurn und Taxis.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where the wedding breakfast/ reception will be held. I imagine at St Emmeran palace. The ballroom there is quite spectacular.

The recption and celebration after the Wedding took place at Garatshausen Castle which is close to Tutzing.

Back
Top Bottom