Shah Reza Pahlavi of Iran - Weddings w/ Fawzia and Soraya

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
princess olga said:
I've been searching for threads about the weddings of both Fawzia and Soraya, I take it they don't exist on TRF? :sad::ermm:

Does anyone have any pictures of the Shah's previous marriages?

Thanks much, Zonk!

To borrow from that thread, here's a pic of Soraya in her wedding dress

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=159220&d=1118841065

Soraya's dress was legendary: I read somewhere that it was so heavy that she had trouble walking.

I also remember having seen a picture of Fawzia on her wedding day, somewhere here on the RFs, but I can't for the life of me remember which thread that was!

One thing's for sure: the Shah had a good eye for female beauty, all three of his wives were absolute stunners! Not even sure who topped whom, looks-wise.

Does anyone out here remember which thread the picture of Fawzia in her wedding dress was?

I have many more that I collected from books and magazines, I'll post em up here as soon as I can, however if you look on both Soraya and Fawzia threads you can see that I've already contributed a large amount of exclusive photos.

Queen Malka said:
I have many more that I collected from books and magazines, I'll post em up here as soon as I can, however if you look on both Soraya and Fawzia threads you can see that I've already contributed a large amount of exclusive photos.
I noticed, they are excellent! Thanks for the effort, I'm sure I can speak on behalf of many TRF constituents when I tell you it's much appreciated!:flowers:

princess olga said:
I noticed, they are excellent! Thanks for the effort, I'm sure I can speak on behalf of many TRF constituents when I tell you it's much appreciated!:flowers:

You're welcome. I just aquired "Soraya, Queen of Persia" By Walter Krausse which is very hard to come across in an english version, but I was simply glad when I was finally given one. I'm reading through it, it has wonderful photos and a lot of new information, I'll keep you guys up to date with that.

princess olga said:
One thing's for sure: the Shah had a good eye for female beauty, all three of his wives were absolute stunners! Not even sure who topped whom, looks-wise.
In my opinion Fawzia was a beautiful woman who had been rised in traditional environment (educated inside the palace, tell me if I am wrong:ermm:), Soraya was beautiful and modern woman of her era, she had educated in western country. Just like Soraya,empress Farah Diba also had educated in western country. Farah Diba is not as beautiful as the Shah's two previous wives IMHO, but she has been shown as Shah good partner and loyal specialy when shah in his very difficult time. She also mother of the Shah heir.

Queen Malka said:
You're welcome. I just aquired "Soraya, Queen of Persia" By Walter Krausse which is very hard to come across in an english version, but I was simply glad when I was finally given one. I'm reading through it, it has wonderful photos and a lot of new information, I'll keep you guys up to date with that.
That would be wonderful! :)

galuhcandrakirana said:
In my opinion Fawzia was a beautiful woman who had been rised in traditional environment (educated inside the palace, tell me if I am wrong:ermm:), Soraya was beautiful and modern woman of her era, she had educated in western country. Just like Soraya,empress Farah Diba also had educated in western country. Farah Diba is not as beautiful as the Shah's two previous wives IMHO, but she has been shown as Shah good partner and loyal specialy when shah in his very difficult time. She also mother of the Shah heir.
You're actually quite right on this: the first two wives were gorgeous, and whereas Farah was perhaps less well-endowed in terms of looks, she made up for it in loyalty. Have to say she's aged beautifully though.

princess olga said:
Soraya's dress was legendary: I read somewhere that it was so heavy that she had trouble walking.

thats true the tale of her dresss was scissored so that she could walk with it !! and the designer was Dior Iwonder why hadnt she worn the dress b4, its really something to chop off ur dress in ur wedding.

İ love the wedding dress from soraya :) have someone more pictures ?

Back
Top Bottom