Princess Nathalie zu S-W-B and Alexander Johannsmann - 27 May 2010, 17-18 June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just saw the dress and I don't like it.Though I love her tiara.

At first when i saw the wedding dress i didn`t like it, but seeing all the pic`s over and over again, I really like it. It suit Nathalie just perfect:)

I actually like the dress for her, it fits her style and I think that she looks beautiful. It wouldn't be a pick for me, but for her, it suits her extremely well.

I´m quite disappointed: No photo of little Konstantin, no attendance of Phillipos and Theodora (though they were in Europe/London to attend Prince Phillip´s 90th birthday), no attendance of Carlos Morales with children, no Jefferson...
But I looooove the bridal gown: IMO she looks even more "royal" (specially with that wonderful renewed tiara!) than some other royal bride in earlier years, f.i. Mette-Marit, Letizia - I even find it more royal than Victorias´...
The bridal gown looks much too pompous for that obvious low key wedding IMO. Pity that she is already 36 and her new husband isn´t attractive at all but love is what counts;)

The bridal gown looks much too pompous for that obvious low key wedding IMO.
Low key?? Really? I'm not sure it's particularly low key :). IMO it's an appropriate event considering circumstances.

Pity that she is already 36 and her new husband isn´t attractive at all but love is what counts;)
You didn't mean that, did you Stefanie? :)IMO that's being a tad unfair to Alexander Johannsmann! Maybe he's not the type you'd pin up a poster of on the wall, but I don't see him as unattractive. Come to think of it: It's interesting to see how this slightly anemically couple fell for each other!

Viv

Time to update the lace veil panel :flowers:.
Great job Tilia :flowers:! Interesting to see the Khedive worn in different ways!IMHO it looks better on the crown of the head (no pun intended! :D). Somwhow it flops on Alexia!

Viv

A panel or two? The veil looks exactly the same today as it did 7 years ago.

If you scroll down, you'll find the guestlists for June 17 & 18. It is in German. I copied the names of the Royal and Noble guests.

It also said: "Selected photographs taken by the photographers will be available for download at
Wittgenstein-Berleburg'sche Rentkammer without copyright restrictions from 2 pm on Sunday 19 June
"

http://www.wittgenstein-berleburg.net/presse/english/PM_Inhalte_englisch.pdf

Royal and noble guests: (In German)

I.M. Königin Margrethe
S.K.H. Kronprinz Frederik und I.K.H. Kronprinzessin Mary
I.M. Königin Anne-Marie
I.K.H. Prinzessin Alexia
S.K.H. Kronprinz Pavlos und I.K.H. Kronprinzessin Marie-Chantal
S.K.H. Prinz Nikolaos und I.K.H. Prinzessin Tatiana
Herr Tord Magnuson und Prinzessin Christina, Frau Magnuson
I.D. Fürstin Maria zu Stolberg-Wernigerod
S.D.I.D. Fürst Wittekind und Fürstin Cecilia zu Waldeck und Pyrmont
S.H.I.H. Graf Patrick und Gräfin Tatiana von Saurma-Jeltsch
I.D. Prinzessin Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg mit Graf Richard und Gräfin Ingrid
S.D.I.D. Prinz Christian-Peter und Prinzessin Judith zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
S.D. Prinz Hubertus zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
I.D. Prinzessin Marie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg und Herr Olivier LeMaire
I.D. Prinzessin Natascha zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
S.D.I.D. Prinz Otto-Ludwig und Prinzessin Annette zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
S.D.I.D. Prinz Robin und Prinzessin Marie-Christine zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
S.D. Fürst Bernhart zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein und Frau Katharina von Alvensleben
I.D. Prinzessin Elisabeth zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein
S.D.I.D. Prinz Georg und Prinzessin Benedikta zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein
S.D.I.D. Fürst Alexander und Fürstin Gabriela zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn
S.D.I.D. Fürst Albrecht und Fürstin Angela zu Oettingen-Spielber
S.K.H. Landgraf Moritz von Hessen
I.K.H. Prinzessin Tatiana von Hessen
S.K.H.I.K.H. Prinz Donatus und Prinzessin Floria von Hessen
I.H. Prinzessin Mafalda von Hessen
S.H.I.H. Prinz Philipp und Prinzessin Laetitia von Hessen
S.D.I.D. Erbprinz Kraft und Erbprinzessin Carolin zu Hohenlohe-Oehringen
S.D.I.D. Prinz Stephan und Prinzessin Maria zur Lippe
S.D.I.D. Fürst Philipp und Fürstin Marie zu Solms-Hohensolms-Lich
S.E.I.D. Graf Hans-Veit und Gräfin Henriette zu Toerring-Jettenbach
S.E. Graf Franz zu Solms-Laubach und Frau Viktoria Unterreiner
S.E. Graf Gustav-Albrecht zu Solms-Laubach
S.E. Graf Karl-Georg zu Solms-Laubach
I.D. Gräfin Madeleine zu Solms-Laubach
S.H. Graf Michael Bernadotte
I.H. Gräfin Christine von Kagenec
Graf Christian und Gräfin Mette Ahlefeldt-Laurvig
Graf Preben und Gräfin Brita Ahlefeldt-Laurvi
Herr Jesper Gyllenstig und Contessa Friderike Pignatti Morano di Custoz
Baron Niels und Baronin Molise Iuel-Brockdorff
Baron Christoph und Baronin Julia von Jenisch
Baron Markus und Baronin Isabel von Jenisch
Baron Philip und Baronin Alexa von Malsen-Plessen
Baronin Lykke von Schwerin
Herr Mikael Warberg und Gräfin Karin von Rosenborg
Kammerherr, Baron Henrik und Baronin Gitte Wedell-Wedellsborg

Great job Tilia :flowers:! Interesting to see the Khedive worn in different ways!IMHO it looks better on the crown of the head (no pun intended! :D). Somwhow it flops on Alexia!

Viv
Thanks:flowers:! I agree about Alexia. My favourit is Alexandra, because neither the tiara base nor the veil behind it is visble. It's a bit of a pity that the tiara doesn't stand out on Margrethe, it seems to melt with the veil.

Thanks for the guest list, Princess Robijn. It seems that the Greek cousins take turns when it comes to family events. They never seem to turn up in full force.

Where was Alexandra's husband? He doesn't even seem to be on the guestlist. Are they seperated?

I guess I'm going to be only contray voice but I love the stars/embroidery. This is what Mable's dress should have been. The star taper off there further down the dress you go. I love it and she look fantastic. Plus, the Khedive looks best I've seen it on a royal bride in a long time.

Ok - here comes the question.
Obviously, the wedding was a white tie event - but none of the femal guests had actually a tiara........?

"S.D. Fürst Bernhart zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein und Frau Katharina von Alvensleben"

Isn't this the cousin who would inherit Berleburg if Gustav does not meet the grandfather's will? He did bring his wife?

Lumutqueen - All I did was to ask a question as well as make a statement from my recollection earlier.

What is with you and my post? I haven't said anything negative about anyone, and I have viewed caustic post from others on this forum. If so, please advise as I will not post on any threads that you moderate.

Is this a board that only people who share your views and outlook may post without being challenged?

I was just asking - if a panel or two can be removed I wonder how, that's all.

My first thought when I saw the bodice was : it looks knitted!!! But I do like the dress. It looks very regal and the way her hair and veil is done is beautifull. Much nicer than Mary, that looked awful.

A veil can comprise of more than one panel. They are then stitched together as one. If one wishes to alter by narrowing the veil, all one has to do is snip the small stiches, careful not to touch the lace.

I very well may had been incorrect in my earlier statement, as panels of the same lace were used in Mary's as well as Margrethe, and I think Anne Marie's and Benedikte's wedding dresses. They may not had been attached to the "actual veil". But if I am , as I have posted in the past, please correct me.

Last edited:
Why jump to that conclusion?

It wasn't so much jumping to a conclusion, I was just asking a question as I don't follow this part of the German nobility/Danish royalty as closely. Anyway, to me it seems quite strange not to attend the wedding of your sister in law unless you are severely ill which I hope he is not. I found it rather strange that Count Jefferson isn't on the guest list while his wife and his children are. Eventhough it should be noted that neither Prince Richard, Princess Benedikte, Prince Gustav nor Carina Axelsson are.

Unless he's busy, Frederik didn't attend the wedding of his cousin due to prior commitments.

"S.D. Fürst Bernhart zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein und Frau Katharina von Alvensleben"

Isn't this the cousin who would inherit Berleburg if Gustav does not meet the grandfather's will? He did bring his wife?

Must be him as there is only one Fürst eventhough I always thought his wife is a Countess of Podewils Dürniz and I'm pretty sure that she used SWH as her last name after they got married. Btw, the "Frau' in the sentence above shouldn't be translated as "wife" but as "misses" so it could very well be that he and his wife are seperated and that he is now together with another woman who also bears the name Katharina.

Must be him as there is only one Fürst eventhough I always thought his wife is a Countess of Podewils Dürniz and I'm pretty sure that she used SWH as her last name after they got married. Btw, the "Frau' in the sentence above shouldn't be translated as "wife" but as "misses" so it could very well be that he and his wife are seperated and that he is now together with another woman who also bears the name Katharina.

My thought was the same as yours.

A veil can comprise of more than one panel. They are then stitched together as one. If one wishes to alter by narrowing the veil, all one has to do is snip the small stiches, careful not to touch the lace..
I'm 99,9 percent certain that this veil is in one piece!

I very well may had been incorrect in my earlier statement, as panels of the same lace were used in Mary's as well as Margrethe, and I think Anne Marie's and Benedikte's wedding dresses. They may not had been attached to the "actual veil". But if I am , as I have posted in the past, please correct me.
The lace panels are a different thing! These panels are considered in the initial design! They are then sewn onto the the wedding dress, only to be removed after the wedding and put away for the next 'user'. The general idea is to show the lace to its best advantage, but I could think of Danish RF wedding dresses that didn't 'perform' .... :whistling:

Viv

I'm 99,9 percent certain that this veil is in one piece!

The lace panels are a different thing! These panels are considered in the initial design! They are then sewn onto the the wedding dress, only to be removed after the wedding and put away for the next 'user'. The general idea is to show the lace to its best advantage, but I could think of Danish RF wedding dresses that didn't 'perform' .... :whistling:

Viv

Thank you Viv! I appreciate your information!

Back
Top Bottom