Princess Marie Therese von Hohenburg and Anthony Bailey: October 27, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Burberry,
Thank you so much for the pictures. Unfortunately my link to Hello was acting up and I couldn't bring up any pictures posted on other MB's. The bride is beautiful. I'm sure it was a gorgeous wedding.:wub:

Interesting and good choice of wedding dress. Can't say the same thing about that veil, seems a missed opportunity.

And the Austrian (ex) RF..they get the award of Best Tiaras if I had a say in these things!

This sort of pictures makes me very, very, very glad that Austria doesn't have any royals any more. What sort of strange outfit did they make the bridegroom wear?

Her Tiara seems so Beautiful! Pity we can't see it in large scale.

she does not look 35 years old!

I thought she looked like a very lovely bride, but would have to agree about the groom's uniform. Since he's not a nobleman or an officer, I think he would have looked more attractive in a regular suit or tux.

Anthony Bailey is Lord Nicholas Windsor's PR man right? I read somewhere that Nicholas and Paola would be at the wedding with little Albert. Any pics of the Windsor family yet?

What tiara is she wearing? Its looks so familiar. Its very pretty.

Anthony Bailey is Lord Nicholas Windsor's PR man right?
Yes, he heads his own public relations company. See this post:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/673583-post232.html

He's one of Tony Blair's PR. Blair missed the wedding, but Lord Nicholas was there, according to Hello.
According to the Bild, the wedding festivities were attended by 600 guests and have cost over £1 million.

Personally, I don't like the v-neck of the dress and that hem on the veil looks a bit... tacky :ermm:
Does anyone know what kind of uniform is the groom wearing?...

Photo galleries:
Rex Features

http://www.photonewsonline.net/?page=event&id=3626

Last edited:
Does anyone know what kind of uniform is the groom wearing?...
I'm going to answer my own question...

I've read that he was wearing the uniform of a Knight Commander of St Sylvester, he was awarded with back in 2004, by Pope John Paul II.
The other insignia are knighthood awards from the Duke of Bragança (the top star) and from the Portuguese President (the bottom star).
The bride's gown was designed by Valentino and she complemented it with a family tiara.

Mr. Bailey is an interfaith campaigner, so the wedding was concelebrated by a series of senior ecumenical leaders.

According to different media, the bride's witnesses were Princess Marie-Christine von Hohenberg, Countess Henriette du Bessey de Contenson, Baron Alexander Dóczy, Countess Fleur von Goess (née Duchess von Württemberg) and Mrs. Livia Engel.
From the groom, the witnesses were Baroness Scotland of Asthal, Prince Konstantin-Assen of Bulgaria, Dr Alberto Laplaine Guimarães (a Portuguese lawyer and professor), Mr Peter Jonas and Lord Nicholas Windsor.

Last edited:
Interesting wedding dress but I don't like it. Her tiara and veil were beautiful however.

The wedding festivities were rumored to have cost one million pounds. Anthony had proposed to Marie Therese on New Year's Eve.

This sort of pictures makes me very, very, very glad that Austria doesn't have any royals any more. What sort of strange outfit did they make the bridegroom wear?
Then why be a member of the Royal Forums at all? Ironic..

It is the Hohenberg tiara worn before by Princesses Anita and her sister Sophie at thieir Wedding.

Back
Top Bottom