Princess Marie-Anna of Bavaria & Dr. Klaus Runow: Sept. 8th, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One is left. Helene i think.
1. Sophie (*1967) +1993 Alois Furst von und zu Liechtenstein (*1968) 4 children
2. Marie Caroline (*1969) + 1991 Phillip Herzog von Wurttemberg (*1964) 4 children
3. Helene (*1972)
4. Elisabeth (*1973) + 2004 Daniel Terberger (*1967) 1 child and 1 in way in Nov 2007
5. Marie Anne (*1975) + 2007 Klaus Runow

So two have married royal ( or princely ?). Regardless, I'm certain they are happy with their choices.

Magnik, thanks for the info. I always thought that Sophie married first but I was wrong. :)

I was browsing through the photos of This wedding and the Schaumberg-lippe wedding, Is Princess Elisabeth of BAvaria wearing the same dress to both of them?

Yes, and Marie-Anna's dress is much more refined.

Crown princess Mary had lace on the shirt of her dress. This is not the case here.
But is similiar in style to the gowns worn by all of her sisters. They all have worn this floral tiara and the same 200 years old veil.

Fürst/Fürstin is a german Title which is translated as prince in the english language therfore i used the german version.
The title of Fürst distinguishes the Head of a Princely House from the other princes of the family. The Fürstin is his wife.

The title of Fürst distinguishes the Head of a Princely House from the other princes of the family. The Fürstin is his wife.

Not always. For example in the german noble Family all members bear the Title Fürst/Fürstin. And in the Families Urach and Hohenberg the Head is Herzog (Duke) and the other members are Fürst/Fürstin.

When I was in Germany, I saw a report of the wedding on the news. The location looked very regal and beautiful.

They showed an interview with Duke Franz, the bride's uncle, and he seemed very pleased and charming.

I wouldn't necessarily call the Bavarian Royal House a minor royal, but non-reigning. They have a history that goes back as far as the Hapsburgs and in the Middle Ages they were considered more powerful than the Hapsburgs. For awhile Bavarian duchesses were very prized brides of the largest houses in Europe.

I wouldn't necessarily call the Bavarian Royal House a minor royal, but non-reigning. They have a history that goes back as far as the Hapsburgs and in the Middle Ages they were considered more powerful than the Hapsburgs. For awhile Bavarian duchesses were very prized brides of the largest houses in Europe.
You are right. There are at least two Bavarian princesses marrying kings (or future kings) of France for example: Isabella of Bavaria married Charles VI in 1385, and Maria Christina of Bavaria married the heir of Louis XIV in 1680.

Back to Princess Maria-Anna: very nice dress and tiara!!:flowers:

When I was in Germany, I saw a report of the wedding on the news. The location looked very regal and beautiful.

They showed an interview with Duke Franz, the bride's uncle, and he seemed very pleased and charming.

Until 1918 they were on reigned one of the four Kingdoms in Germany. And the reigned in bavaria for 700 years.
You are right. There are at least two Bavarian princesses marrying kings (or future kings) of France for example: Isabella of Bavaria married Charles VI in 1385, and Maria Christina of Bavaria married the heir of Louis XIV in 1680.

There where many more.
From the daughters of King Maximilian I. Joseph:
his oldest daughter Charlotte Auguste (Later karoline Auguste) she married first the future King Wilhelm I. of Württemberg but the marriage was divorced in 1814, secondly she married as his fourth wife Emperor Franz I. of Austria
Elisabeth (12801-1873) married King Friedrich Wilhelm IV. of Prussia
Amalie (1801-1877) married King Johann of Saxony
Marie (1805-1877) married King Friedrich August II. of Saxony
Sophie (1805-1872) married Achduke Franz Karl of Austria and was the mother of Emperor Franz Joseph I.

From the ducal line
Elisabeth (1837-1898) married Emperor Franz Joseph I. of Austria
her niece Elisabeth (1876-1965) married King Albert I. of the Belgians
Marie (1841-1925)married King Francesco II. of the Two Sicilies
Marie Gabrielle (1878-1912) married the future Crown Prince Rupprecht of Bavaria

Last edited:
Thanks stefan and magnik. I didn't know that Elisabeth of Belgium was the niece of Elisabeth of Austria. They don't seem to have looked a thing alike.

Going back to weddings, wasn't the Oktoberfest in Munich originally part of the celebrations for a royal Bavarian wedding? I remember reading the original plans included a hunting party for the aristocrats and the common people wanted a celebration too so the King decreed a beer festival to take place so long as the vendors would not be allowed to sell food. It seems an excuse for public drunkenness but perhaps that discussion is for another thread. ;)

Yes. The first OF took place on 1810 from 12 to 17 October for the commemoration of the marriage of CP Ludwig (Ludwig I and uncle of the Empress Elisabeth "Sissi") and Princess Therese of Saxe-Altenburg, Duchess of Sachsen.
Oktoberfest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks magnik. Its curious the Wikipedia article doesn't mention the hunting party though.

Anyone know anything about her wedding gown?
I mean for what was it made? How long is a train? etc.

Last edited:
hmmm The dress is quite a copy of Mary's.

Back
Top Bottom