Princess Marguerite de Croÿ Roeulx and Arthur de Clermont-Tonnerre, 13 June 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

queenofthelight

Heir Apparent
City
Moscow
Country
Russia
What about the groom?

i dont know if his name is arthur or charles-Arthur??? Can Someone Verify his name. because the only Arthur I found is Charles-Arthur b. 1983 son of Gilles Amédée Louis Dominique, b.Neuilly 18 Jun 1958; m.Paris 16 Sep 1980 Patricia Aude de Rochechouart de Mortemart b.Paris 17 May 1959???

Two very important noble families , the de Croy for Belgium and Clermont-Tonnerre for France.This wedding took place at the bride's castle in le Roeulx (Belgium).

Well, the bride was born on January 10th 1982, and the groom looks around 25, so it is likely that it is indeed Charles Arthur de Clermont Tonnerre, son of Gilles of Clermont Tonnerre and Patricia Aude de Rochechouart de Mortemart. This part of the family is of the marquisses of Clermont Tonnerre, not of the Dukes.

It is nice to see another couple of fellow-aristocrats marrying. I am not keen on Princess Marguerite's unpolished look. Who is the girl in a pink dress?

Thanks for the pictures, the bride looks beautiful.:flowers:

I am very happy that two members of such families married! :flowers:
However I expected to see a very chic wedding, but from the pics it looks not chic at all and similar to a village carnival parade :sad:

Can someone explain to me what LL.AA.SS is? Is this a princely family? I apologize, but I really don't know.

Thanking all in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
LL.AA.SS. stands for Leurs Altesses Serenissme which means Their Serene Highnesses. When you use plural you usually add the same letter. This can also be done in Dutch and German, I am not sure about English though.

LL.AA.SS. stands for Leurs Altesses Serenissme which means Their Serene Highnesses. When you use plural you usually add the same letter. This can also be done in Dutch and German, I am not sure about English though.

You're right, Marengo. You don't double up the letters in English, where the correct plural form would be T.S.H. (Their Serene Highnesses) instead of H.S.H. (His or Her Serene Highness). But Spanish is another language in which you do repeat the letters to designate the plural -- such as in SS.AA.RR. (Sus Altezas Reales). Same goes for Portuguese.

A very unique wedding procession! I really like the bride's gown, but her hair is a bit wild for my taste. Who is the child that is with the bride and groom? Do they have a child, or is this a niece?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom