The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2020, 12:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Philippos of Greece and Nina Flohr: Dec 2020 / Oct 2021

Prince Philippos married Nina Flohr, in a civil ceremony.

The announcement of the Civil Marriage

"The private ceremony of the civil marriage of Prince Philippos with Nina – Nastassja Flohr took place on Saturday, 12 December 2020 at 11:00 a.m. at St. Moritz. Witnesses at the ceremony were King Constantine and Mr. Thomas Flohr, observing all the health instructions of the Swiss state. The immediate family congratulated the newlyweds immediately after the ceremony " "More details about the upcoming religious wedding will be given in due course."

https://i0.wp.com/gr.hellomagazine.c...rip=info&ssl=1
https://i2.wp.com/gr.hellomagazine.c...rip=info&ssl=1
https://i2.wp.com/gr.hellomagazine.c...rip=info&ssl=1

https://gr.hellomagazine.com/royalty/pantreftike/

Congratulations to the couple!!

Old 12-14-2020, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

What about the Queen?!

Old 12-14-2020, 12:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Congratulations to the Couple!
How happy they look!
Old 12-14-2020, 12:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
What about the Queen?!
Does Switzerland only allow the two witnesses to be present? Maybe she is also shielding.

So another royal couple decided to just go for it and get married, good for them. Although in their case the religious wedding might have more guests and a party depending on when it is.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

I guess the Queen not be able to be there must be having to do with the pandemic which must be very painful for her - but also for the Prince!
I guess when everything is over, there will be a religious ceremony in Greece with everybody joining in.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:45 PM
Majesty

Had Theodora also a Civil Mariage ?
Old 12-14-2020, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to the couple but also so sad to see King Constantine in a wheelchair.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:27 PM
Royal Highness

More about Prince Philippos of Greece and his new wife Princess Nina:

https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot....-and-nina.html
Old 12-14-2020, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos

http://okdiario.com/look/img/2020/12...-1-655x368.jpg
https://cdn.schweizer-illustrierte.c...nina_flohr.jpg
Old 12-14-2020, 03:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
It looks like Nina is going to burst into tears...
Old 12-14-2020, 05:04 PM
Courtier

This is fantastic news. What a lovely couple. Both look very happy. The new Pss Nina of Greece wore a beautiful white suit. I wish them the very best for the future.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:30 PM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to the couple.
This civil wedding, as I have read, is a prerequisite to be able to celebrate the religious marriage, because Philippos has a British passport and Nina Flohr Swiss, so the civil marriage is the marriage valid before the corresponding legislation, the religious marriage would be secondary. In conclusion there will be religious marriage later, I do not know when and where, but the legal requirement has already been fulfilled.
From the Royal family communiqué, I understand that Nina is not yet a Princess, she will be a Princess when she contracts a religious marriage, is my opinio or deduction.
On the other hand, I really liked seeing King Constantine, even in a wheelchair, and in Switzerland, thanks Stef who recently told us that King Constantine was in good health although with his movement problems.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:51 PM
Majesty

Nina Flohr, the new Princess of Greece: traveller, daughter of a tycoon and in style.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...-real_2733427/
Old 12-14-2020, 06:45 PM
Courtier

Congratulations. I love this couple. it is normal for them to contract a civil marriage . She is Swiss and in Switzerland this is the legal marriage. They will marry in Spetses, by the orthodox rite, but with the pandemic, I think it is difficult to determine when it could be, but also I believe that first it has to be the wedding of princess Theodora.
Beltaneja , I know that King Constantine has many pathologies, which especially affect his mobility, but like I said a week ago, he is very well of the memory, and the proof of it is here. And he has traveled from Athens with Queen Anna Marie and Prince Nikolaos, I believe they have been the only ones who have attended to this event or legal act
Old 12-14-2020, 06:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTRANEJA View Post
Congratulations to the couple.
This civil wedding, as I have read, is a prerequisite to be able to celebrate the religious marriage, because Philippos has a British passport and Nina Flohr Swiss, so the civil marriage is the marriage valid before the corresponding legislation, the religious marriage would be secondary. In conclusion there will be religious marriage later, I do not know when and where, but the legal requirement has already been fulfilled.
From the Royal family communiqué, I understand that Nina is not yet a Princess, she will be a Princess when she contracts a religious marriage, is my opinio or deduction.
On the other hand, I really liked seeing King Constantine, even in a wheelchair, and in Switzerland, thanks Stef who recently told us that King Constantine was in good health although with his movement problems.
The British don't require a 'civil wedding' before a religious wedding. So, they could have combined it in one ceremony in the UK if they wanted to. Not sure what there options were in Greece. Nikolaos and Tatiana married in Greece without a problem and doesn't Tatiana also have a Swiss passport?
Old 12-14-2020, 09:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Elegant, low key couple. Congratulations to them....lovely!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-14-2020, 09:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Elegant, low key couple. Congratulations to them....lovely!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-14-2020, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to the happy couple!
Old 12-14-2020, 11:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
The British don't require a 'civil wedding' before a religious wedding. So, they could have combined it in one ceremony in the UK if they wanted to. Not sure what there options were in Greece. Nikolaos and Tatiana married in Greece without a problem and doesn't Tatiana also have a Swiss passport?
Yes but they didn't get married in London or Greece. They were married in Switzerland. And have to follow the rules of the land in which they wed. Which require a civil ceremony for it to be official.

They could have waited to be married later in Greece and just had one ceremony. There is many reasons they may have chosen not to wait.

A lot of couples who are from different countries choose to have two weddings, to celebrate in both their homes. Having a civil wedding and a religious one makes them both 'official'. A civil wedding in her home Switzerland and a religious wedding in his family's country of Greece is likely what they had planned from the start. Just downsized the civil due to covid.

Congratulations to the couple on their happy day

She looks quite lovely and elegant in the simple white.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:44 AM
Majesty

Congratulations to Prince Philippos and Princess Nina!