Prince Philippos of Greece and Nina Flohr: Dec 2020 / Oct 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The gown looked to have come from the pregnant bride section based on its enormous size. I did like the top part though.

I like Nina's gown, overall it is majestic and lovely. I am not crazy about that neckline, it's the similar neckline that ruined Eugenie's bridal dress for me. But considering how we have been exposed to Ms. Flohr's taste in the past days and months I am fairly relieved.

As others have posted, the veil is gorgeous but unsuccessfully placed. Unlike Stephanie of Lux and especially Charlene of Monaco, Nina's stylist didn't make it work.

I don't know a word of Greek but I do understand CHANEL I hear it.:lol:

So it's a Chanel creation?

Me neither, the neckline looks like a couple of fabric pieces draped over her shoulder that are being kept in place below her bust with a bow that looks borrowed from Princess Mabel's wedding gown.

The gown looked to have come from the pregnant bride section based on its enormous size. I did like the top part though.

I noticed that, too. The gown seems to carry her, it looks like she's drowning in it.

Chanel or not, for me it's a miss.

I like Nina's gown, overall it is majestic and lovely. I am not crazy about that neckline, it's the similar neckline that ruined Eugenie's bridal dress for me. But considering how we have been exposed to Ms. Flohr's taste in the past days and months I am fairly relieved.

As others have posted, the veil is gorgeous but unsuccessfully placed. Unlike Stephanie of Lux and especially Charlene of Monaco, Nina's stylist didn't make it work.

I don't know a word of Greek but I do understand CHANEL I hear it.:lol:

So it's a Chanel creation?[

Yes, it's Chanel

:previous: Hmm...now I can see more clearly from the photos. And I have to agree with the posters who said it looks like a maternity bridal gown. Nina is not a tall woman and is fairly curvy.

But she and Philippos are visibly madly in love, which is wonderful!;)

(…) Everyone seemed very nervous. I liked the wedding organizer in the blue shirt and cropped blue pants the best. Marie Chantal and Queen Anne Marie and benditke best gowns. The bridesmaids awful yellow dresses!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the bride picked the dress herself. But this was a miss. Looked like something ugly / dated from a 1980s closet.

Was the President of Greece or some other important member of the Republic present? Was the Wedding under high Police Protection.

I saw my favourite Greek Royal Prince Michael of Greece .

No, the President of the Republic has not been invited by the Family. No, there have been no municipal police, no state police, all security was private and very well organized. It is obvious that the public authority stood out for the absence of it. But it was very well organized, the people has applauded the guests, especially the Greek Royal Family, the bride, and everyone was recording with their mobile phones.
The two flags that were placed on the sides were commemorative of the 200 years of the independence of Greece. They were placed yesterday by members of the Orthodox Church.

Before the arrival of Queen Sofía and Princess Irene a bus arrived with security personnel. When -after them- the bus with Queen Sofía arrived, the officers took position at all 4 sides of the vehicle and it was waiting until all was clear to open the door.

I assume these were the officers from the Spanish security services, travelling with Queen Sofía. All other guests indeed arrived without visible security.

Last edited:
Before the arrival of Queen Sofía and Princess Irene a bus arrived with security personnel. I assume these were the officers from the Spanish security services, travelling with Queen Sofía. All other guests indeed arrived without visible security.

Yeah I noticed that too. It's the security team that accompanied Queen Sofia.

I love the pictures. I hope you will also take a photo with the royal guests. :flowers:

The pattern on the gown is interesting, and I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way. Does anyone know what it is?

And those flaps of fabric on her shoulders that lead to the bow in front, are they part of the original design? They somewhat look like like they were added afterwards, after the first fitting or so.

ETA: The second official picture that eya posted, is actually very nice. They do seem to come off as nice people.

Last edited:
The dress is apparently based on a Chanel 2020 non-bridal couture design, so I guess you can go do some digging.

Not a fan of the bridal look at all, it looks so... unflattering. But congratulations all the same:flowers:

I guess I'm never a fan of Chanel's gown, despite its frequent appearance with Caroline & Co. They are just not very good at gowns... maybe just stick to the tweed suits

Sassa wins it for me this time, stunning

---
Just noticed, why is MC wearing white at someone else's wedding, again? I thought this is a big big no for western wedding etiquette?

Last edited:
Who is the lady in the red trousers?

Is it the Infanta Elena?

The train looks too wide. It looks odd.

No, I meant the Lady walking in front of I think that was Tatiana Radziwill.
With the white top.

I mean her.

https://www.eirinika.gr/sites/defau...ticle/2021-10/8180_22102021.jpg?itok=W2fMfdrb

I have no idea who she is.

Before the arrival of Queen Sofía and Princess Irene a bus arrived with security personnel. When -after them- the bus with Queen Sofía arrived, the officers took position at all 4 sides of the vehicle and it was waiting until all was clear to open the door.

I assume these were the officers from the Spanish security services, travelling with Queen Sofía. All other guests indeed arrived without visible security.

Goodness that sounds concerning. I hope the royal house of Spain are not in trouble.

Goodness that sounds concerning. I hope the royal house of Spain are not in trouble.

I think the security may just have been because Sofia is the Queen of Spain, and mother of the King.

The church had nice blue chairs, matching well with the blue carpet.
I have seen royal events with ugly businesslike chairs. These chairs, quite palace-like, are perfect. I assume these are not part of the usual interior.

From the inside pics i thought the Cathedral looks quiet small inside. No wonder it was cramped with people at the royal wedding in 1964.

Back
Top Bottom