Prince Leka of Albania and Elia Zaharia, 8 October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is indeed a bit on the tacky side. The wedding is unbalanced seeing the marginal role the monarchy ever played in Albania (only one King for a very short time span). Albania is one of the poorest countries on the European continent. It all looks a bit like firing with a bazooka on a mosquito.

That is entirely your opinion.

To the couple it is their day of days,and I hope
their wishes and dreams they had for the day
came true today as for the rest of their lives.

I don't see how it is tacky. Should they have to limit the six of their wedding based on the length of reign? As I understand they were offered a semi state occasion. Former royals move in the same circles, are friends. Thus is why we see this group and no reigning royals. They invited people they know and are close to. Why is it tacky, when someone like the daughter of a rule has a similar wedding? They never reigned.

The bride was stunning. I loved her first gown, it was amazing in detail and I even like her tiara. Her second dress I fm d a but gaudy and eighties.

Pre wedding seemed great. I hope we get photos of the white tie tonight.

That is entirely your opinion.

[...]

Of course, that is what this forum is for, to exchange thoughts.

I don't see how it is tacky. [...]

That is not what I said. I used the phrase "a bit on the tacky side". But I am no native speaker. You used the phrase "a bit gaudy and eighties". Maybe that was a more befitting description.

Last edited:
It is indeed a bit on the tacky side. The wedding is unbalanced seeing the marginal role the monarchy ever played in Albania (only one King for a very short time span). Albania is one of the poorest countries on the European continent. It all looks a bit like firing with a bazooka on a mosquito.

thanks duke, those were exactly my thoughts when i wrote my last message. the dress is tacky in my opinion too. and the whole wedding seems off, as if they were tring to emulate the wedding you'd expect for reigning royalty (in an official building, by making it a press gathering, by inviting a number of royalty - thought mostly of, like them, dethroned monarchies). a more low key affair would have been better in my opinion. and definitely another dress - and whilst we are at it another tiara. the saphire goat tiara is just NOT a good wedding tiara. but i will let that one pass as the albanian family does not have many tiaras left, i believe, so they had to make do with what they had. shame, as a simple diamond tiara would have been nicer.

Last edited:
elia's wedding dress is apparently by Blerina Kllokoqi. her designs, in general, seem to be somewhat vulgar, showing too much skin. so considering what she normally does elia's dress isn't too bad. but it is disappointing she chose such a designer in the first place as she is not entirely appropriate for a royal wedding dress.

more from blerina:
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=502c16ddcc0c6359b5fc5d169f0d021b&oe=589E05E9
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t...g?ig_cache_key=MTAzNDc4MTE1NjgxMjU4NjMwMw==.2
http://www.piskama.com/public/gallery/2013/13120.jpg
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/FRM7XB/a-m...r-designer-blerina-kllokoqi-rugova-FRM7XB.jpg

wow, i was surprised to see gloria thurn und taxis so aged since the last times we saw her.

margaretha of romania looking fantastic in a purple/burgundy coat. i love that colour on her.

Last edited:
Any pics from white tie event?

This wedding missed a wedding planner.
No religious Wedding ?
The civil wedding took 15 minutes and was the best day of the Lord major of Tirana.
Blauw Bloed wrote that Queen Sophia and Empress Farah waited patiently a long time before the wedding started and did not attend the dinner.
We will see this evening.
Princess Lea did attend with her Friend.

Last edited:
Glorious Empress Farah and Queen Sophia , no tiaras, Queen Sophia wore her Sash.
Princess Michael wore great jewels but never received a british Sash.
Great Crown Princes of Albania .

Still no good pictures of tiaras.

GömdNatt, what for a Sash is the Grand Duke of Russia wearing?. His Mother wears no sash but a new tiara.

Last edited:
Who is the first lady wearing tiara?

This one? That's Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna of Russia, pretender to the throne.

GömdNatt, what for a Sash is the Grand Duke of Russia wearing?. Hos Mother wears no sash.

Looks like the Order of St. Andrew. It's interesting that she doesn't. All of the other ladies are wearing their orders, so either she just didn't want to or she didn't know she should.

Last edited:
This one? That's Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna of Russia, pretender to the throne.

No,not her :)

The blond lady in a blue dress, first to appear in video wearing something like bandeau tiara hardly visible.

Back
Top Bottom