Prince Jean of France and Philomena de Tornos: 19 March and 2 May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought that CP Mathilde of Belgium and Princess Claire of Belgium looked very elegant. I was not impressed with the bridal gown. The train was pretty, but that blue bow on the front looked out of place.

Camilla of Boubon Sicily looked like a Barbie doll. Not an elegant look.

I loved the church! The blue draping on the entrance was very pretty.

Unfortunately, I'm not too impressed by the Lacroix wedding gown either - the design is cluttered and busy, and the jacket, while probably featuring gorgeous embroidery, has a most unflattering, weird cut that ruins the overall effect.
Adding a baby blue ribbon around the waist in order to somehow match the turquoise tiara (which is not just an unusual choice for a bride, but mainly a very ugly piece) didn't exactly help matters.
I agree, Boris ;)

The dress itself is nothing out of the common... I believe it's a strapless, which they decided to cover with this exquisitively embroidered jacket. It's very Lacroix indeed, but overall, the coloured jacket, the blue ribon and the tacky tiara just looks busy and unclassy... IMO, that is.

Thanks for the information!:flowers: Prince Jean bears some resemblance to his aunt. That is why I thought the lady was his mother. I hope there is nothing serious with the Duchess of Montpensier.

Does anyone have information if it was any member of the Brazilian imperial family?​

excuse me but that is certainly not the berst tiara, i have ever seen. i'm sure it's some family heritage and very valuable but it just looks cheap :S

i am not sure if this have been posted but how old are the bride and the groom?

i am not sure if this have been posted but how old are the bride and the groom?
The bride will be 32 the next 19 June, the groom will be 44 the next 19 may.

Where will the bride and groom live after the wedding? Do they work?

Has anyone seen Emmanuele Filiberto and Clotilde de Savoie or Aymone and Olga de Savoie ? I thought they were on the guests list ?

Duke and Duchess of Wurtemberg

What is the deal with the Duchess's hat? I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. And I assume that's a fur wrap, but I don't know... another "never seen anything like it."

Wasn't enamored with the gown either. I think Mr. Lacroix had too many things going on.

Has anyone seen Emmanuele Filiberto and Clotilde de Savoie or Aymone and Olga de Savoie ? I thought they were on the guests list ?
Clotilde di Savoia was in the guestlist; I don't know if Aimone and Olga were too, I thought yes because he is a cousin of the groom, but...I don't know...

It seems to have been a lovely, sunny day. Does anybody know why the duchess of Montpensier was taken to the hospital? I hope it isn't anything too serious?

-
Nice to so that so many of the Orleans family attended! Even the count of La Marche was there, with his mother! But also several Schonborn-Buchheims and 3 children of princess Anne were present.

Last edited:
The more I look at photos, the more I like her dress. The gold embroidered jacket is unusual, but I think it fit with the setting and the grandeur of the event.

Very likeable and touching couple ! I wish them all the happiness in the world.
By the way our Princess Mathilde seems more in love with her husband than ever !

Does anyone have information if it was any member of the Brazilian imperial family?​

Princess Teresa of Orleans-Braganza (last surviving sibling of the late Comtesse de Paris) was there...she is the elderly lady seen walking with Prince Foulques d'Orleans.

The more I look at photos, the more I like her dress. The gold embroidered jacket is unusual, but I think it fit with the setting and the grandeur of the event.

I agree. Her gown looks very french looking to me and alot like something Marie Antoinette would have worn. Its very fitting. I love the blue accents.:flowers:

i wasn't a big fan of the gown. there's too much going on. less is more for these sort of things.

Just seen the pictures form the PPE Agency. Do not like the wedding dress at all, i assume it's a traditional type of gown. I do adore the tiara Philomena is wearing it's simply breath taking.
x

It's wonderful to see all Roayl members are together, especially at the wedding ceremony!!!

Help to recpgnize some people:
Duc de Vendome and Philomena de Tornos Celebrate Wedding in Senlis - Pictures - Zimbio
Are they Count Thierry and a stunning Countess Katia de Limburg Stirum?

Duc de Vendome and Philomena de Tornos Celebrate Wedding in Senlis - Pictures - Zimbio
Prince Fulques d'Orleans and maybe his great-aunt Princess Teresa d'Orleans-Braganza?

Maybe Prince Charles Philippe d'Orleans, Duke of Chartres, and Princess Ileana?

Thanks!

Re: wedding and reception flowers(bouquets) and wedding cake.

Does anyone know which florists had made the floral bouquets for Pss Philomena-Duchess of Vendome's floral bouquets that she had when she entered the cathedral, left the cathedral and arrived at her reception at Chateau de Chantilly?

Also, does anyone know which flowers were used for the three bouquets?

Also, does anyone know which company(baker) made the wedding cake and which flavours, fillings, confections etc were contained in the wedding cake?

Also, does anyone know the menu for the wedding reception including wines, apertifs and champagne etc.

Any information would be appreciated.

Perhaps, Paris Match, PDV, Hola, Gala(French/German editions) and or Bunte might have that information in later editions.

Thank you.

EaO.

:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom