The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-17-2021, 05:38 AM
Majesty

Prince Jaime of the Two Sicilies and Lady Charlotte Lindesay-Bethune; 25 Sept. 2021

Jaime de Borbón-Dos Sicilias Landaluce and Charlotte Lindesay-Bethune, will marry in Palermo (Italy) and the date is September 25. Jaime, who holds the title of Duke of Noto, will marry in one of the cathedrals of the Sicilian city and the subsequent celebration will take place in the Royal Palace of Palermo, which was home to the Bourbon-Two Sicilies in times past.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...andro_3135459/

Old 06-17-2021, 06:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Jaime de Borbón-Dos Sicilias Landaluce and Charlotte Lindesay-Bethune, will marry in Palermo (Italy) and the date is September 25. Jaime, who holds the title of Duke of Noto, will marry in one of the cathedrals of the Sicilian city and the subsequent celebration will take place in the Royal Palace of Palermo, which was home to the Bourbon-Two Sicilies in times past.

It's probably this cathedral:

Old 06-17-2021, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Hopefully we will see some of the Spanish royal cousins at the wedding.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:52 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I am surprised about the location as all his aunts married at La Toledana, but as he will be the head of the house of the Two Sicilies eventually, the location does make sense. Also as his great-grandparents (the count of Paris and Isabelle of Orleans-Bragança) married in the same city.

As it is in Palermo I suspect attendance by the King and Queen is less certain.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I am surprised about the location as all his aunts married at La Toledana, but as he will be the head of the house of the Two Sicilies eventually, the location does make sense. Also as his great-grandparents (the count of Paris and Isabelle of Orleans-Bragança) married in the same city.

As it is in Palermo I suspect attendance by the King and Queen is less certain.
I think that was mentioned after the engagement that the choose Palermo because his great-grandparents married there. Princess Ines married in Toledo and if i remember right Pricness Victoria also married not at La Toledana, but his 2 oldest aunts died. But it is the first Wedding of a member of the Bourbon-Two Sicilies Family in their former Kingdom since a lot of years if not the first since the reunification of Italy.

I also guess that the attendance of the King and queen of Spain is unlikely given the location, perhaps Queen Sofia or Infanta Elena will attend. If i remember right the spanish Borbon-Sicilian's are also befriended with Infanta Cristina

Old 06-17-2021, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

I also guess that the attendance of the King and queen of Spain is unlikely given the location, perhaps Queen Sofia or Infanta Elena will attend. If i remember right the spanish Borbon-Sicilian's are also befriended with Infanta Cristina
Princess Cristina of Bourbon Two Sicilies is quite close to both the Infantas Elena and Cristina.
Queen Sofia and king Felipe too but I don't know about queen Letizia.
Old 07-09-2021, 03:39 PM
Nobility

The Bourbon-Dos Sicilias are not only family, but they have very good relationships.
Princess Cristina, sister of the Duke of the Duke of Calabria, has been seen many times in the company of her children and Queen Letizia (with her daughters- See the thread of the Billy Elliot musical), and the king is a close friend by Pedro López-Quesada (husband of Cristina de Borbón-Dos Sicilias)

The problem with Jaime's wedding is that it is in Italy.
The pandemic will tell whether or not Felipe and Letizia will be able to attend or if they will send someone on their behalf.