The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 06-17-2021, 05:38 AM
Blog Real's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 6,591
Prince Jaime of the Two Sicilies and Lady Charlotte Lindesay-Bethune; 25 Sept. 2021

Jaime de Borbón-Dos Sicilias Landaluce and Charlotte Lindesay-Bethune, will marry in Palermo (Italy) and the date is September 25. Jaime, who holds the title of Duke of Noto, will marry in one of the cathedrals of the Sicilian city and the subsequent celebration will take place in the Royal Palace of Palermo, which was home to the Bourbon-Two Sicilies in times past.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...andro_3135459/
__________________

__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-17-2021, 06:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 10,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Jaime de Borbón-Dos Sicilias Landaluce and Charlotte Lindesay-Bethune, will marry in Palermo (Italy) and the date is September 25. Jaime, who holds the title of Duke of Noto, will marry in one of the cathedrals of the Sicilian city and the subsequent celebration will take place in the Royal Palace of Palermo, which was home to the Bourbon-Two Sicilies in times past.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...andro_3135459/
It's probably this cathedral:

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...andro_3135459/
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-17-2021, 07:03 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 31,358
Hopefully we will see some of the Spanish royal cousins at the wedding.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-17-2021, 08:52 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 23,011
I am surprised about the location as all his aunts married at La Toledana, but as he will be the head of the house of the Two Sicilies eventually, the location does make sense. Also as his great-grandparents (the count of Paris and Isabelle of Orleans-Bragança) married in the same city.

As it is in Palermo I suspect attendance by the King and Queen is less certain.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-17-2021, 09:32 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 5,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I am surprised about the location as all his aunts married at La Toledana, but as he will be the head of the house of the Two Sicilies eventually, the location does make sense. Also as his great-grandparents (the count of Paris and Isabelle of Orleans-Bragança) married in the same city.

As it is in Palermo I suspect attendance by the King and Queen is less certain.
I think that was mentioned after the engagement that the choose Palermo because his great-grandparents married there. Princess Ines married in Toledo and if i remember right Pricness Victoria also married not at La Toledana, but his 2 oldest aunts died. But it is the first Wedding of a member of the Bourbon-Two Sicilies Family in their former Kingdom since a lot of years if not the first since the reunification of Italy.

I also guess that the attendance of the King and queen of Spain is unlikely given the location, perhaps Queen Sofia or Infanta Elena will attend. If i remember right the spanish Borbon-Sicilian's are also befriended with Infanta Cristina
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-17-2021, 10:29 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 31,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

I also guess that the attendance of the King and queen of Spain is unlikely given the location, perhaps Queen Sofia or Infanta Elena will attend. If i remember right the spanish Borbon-Sicilian's are also befriended with Infanta Cristina
Princess Cristina of Bourbon Two Sicilies is quite close to both the Infantas Elena and Cristina.
Queen Sofia and king Felipe too but I don't know about queen Letizia.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-09-2021, 03:39 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 391
The Bourbon-Dos Sicilias are not only family, but they have very good relationships.
Princess Cristina, sister of the Duke of the Duke of Calabria, has been seen many times in the company of her children and Queen Letizia (with her daughters- See the thread of the Billy Elliot musical), and the king is a close friend by Pedro López-Quesada (husband of Cristina de Borbón-Dos Sicilias)


The problem with Jaime's wedding is that it is in Italy.
The pandemic will tell whether or not Felipe and Letizia will be able to attend or if they will send someone on their behalf.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Carlos of Bourbon Two Sicilies and Princess Anne of France -1965 Hannelore Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility 7 06-02-2021 05:41 PM
Prince Juan of Spain and Princess Maria de las Mercedes of the Two Sicilies - 1935 Elsa M. Historical Royal Weddings 19 11-24-2020 02:04 AM
Prince Alfonso of Bourbon Two Sicilies and Princess Alice of Bourbon Parma -1936 STEVEN Historical Royal Weddings 1 12-27-2009 05:11 PM
Prince Jan Zamoyski and Princess Isabel Alfonsa of the Two Sicilies - 1929 Marengo Historical Royal Weddings 14 11-11-2009 10:03 AM




Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor asia baptism birth britain britannia british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs daisy dresses dubai duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf hello! highgrove history hochberg house of windsor jack brooksbank japan jewellery książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg medical meghan markle monarchy mongolia nepal nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess of orange princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen maxima solomon j solomon spanish royal family speech sussex suthida swedish queen taiwan tradition uae customs united states wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×