Prince Jaime of the Two Sicilies and Lady Charlotte Lindesay-Bethune; 25 Sep. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blog Real

Imperial Majesty
City
Lisboa
Country
Portugal
Jaime de Borbón-Dos Sicilias Landaluce and Charlotte Lindesay-Bethune, will marry in Palermo (Italy) and the date is September 25. Jaime, who holds the title of Duke of Noto, will marry in one of the cathedrals of the Sicilian city and the subsequent celebration will take place in the Royal Palace of Palermo, which was home to the Bourbon-Two Sicilies in times past.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...bon-dos-sicilias-fecha-lugar-leandro_3135459/

Jaime de Borbón-Dos Sicilias Landaluce and Charlotte Lindesay-Bethune, will marry in Palermo (Italy) and the date is September 25. Jaime, who holds the title of Duke of Noto, will marry in one of the cathedrals of the Sicilian city and the subsequent celebration will take place in the Royal Palace of Palermo, which was home to the Bourbon-Two Sicilies in times past.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...bon-dos-sicilias-fecha-lugar-leandro_3135459/

It's probably this cathedral:

Hopefully we will see some of the Spanish royal cousins at the wedding.

I am surprised about the location as all his aunts married at La Toledana, but as he will be the head of the house of the Two Sicilies eventually, the location does make sense. Also as his great-grandparents (the count of Paris and Isabelle of Orleans-Bragança) married in the same city.

As it is in Palermo I suspect attendance by the King and Queen is less certain.

I am surprised about the location as all his aunts married at La Toledana, but as he will be the head of the house of the Two Sicilies eventually, the location does make sense. Also as his great-grandparents (the count of Paris and Isabelle of Orleans-Bragança) married in the same city.

As it is in Palermo I suspect attendance by the King and Queen is less certain.
I think that was mentioned after the engagement that the choose Palermo because his great-grandparents married there. Princess Ines married in Toledo and if i remember right Princess Victoria also married not at La Toledana, but his 2 oldest aunts did. But it is the first Wedding of a member of the Bourbon-Two Sicilies Family in their former Kingdom since a lot of years if not the first since the reunification of Italy.

I also guess that the attendance of the King and Queen of Spain is unlikely given the location, perhaps Queen Sofia or Infanta Elena will attend. If i remember right the spanish Borbon-Sicilian's are also befriended with Infanta Cristina

Last edited:
I also guess that the attendance of the King and queen of Spain is unlikely given the location, perhaps Queen Sofia or Infanta Elena will attend. If i remember right the spanish Borbon-Sicilian's are also befriended with Infanta Cristina

Princess Cristina of Bourbon Two Sicilies is quite close to both the Infantas Elena and Cristina.
Queen Sofia and king Felipe too but I don't know about queen Letizia.

The Bourbon-Dos Sicilias are not only family, but they have very good relationships.
Princess Cristina, sister of the Duke of the Duke of Calabria, has been seen many times in the company of her children and Queen Letizia (with her daughters- See the thread of the Billy Elliot musical), and the king is a close friend by Pedro López-Quesada (husband of Cristina de Borbón-Dos Sicilias)

The problem with Jaime's wedding is that it is in Italy.
The pandemic will tell whether or not Felipe and Letizia will be able to attend or if they will send someone on their behalf.

Two Royal Weddings in Italy this WE
This one on Friday and on Saturday the one of Princess Marie Astrid of Liechtenstein.
i hope Charles Philippe d' Orleans will come with his wife !

According to this article, all members of the Spanish Royal Family are invited to the wedding.
The presence of King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia is not confirmed.
Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina are also invited, but it is not known if they will be present.

I don't believe that King Juan Carlos is present at the wedding.
https://monarquia.elconfidencialdig...ime-borbon-sicilias/20210923181222067983.html

I'm doubting that we will see either King Juan Carlos or Infanta Cristina.
I'm not sure if queen Letizia is close to the Borbón-Dos Sicilias family so it could be the king his mother and sister Elena?

I'm doubting that we will see either King Juan Carlos or Infanta Cristina.
I'm not sure if queen Letizia is close to the Borbón-Dos Sicilias family so it could be the king his mother and sister Elena?

I think Infanta Cristina is rather close the the Bourbon-Sicily Family and the Event is not in Spain so it could be that she attends. but i don't think we will see King Felipe or Queen Letizia.
Will be interesting to see who attends from the Orleans relatives

I take it someone we can definitely scratch off the guest list would be the other line of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, the Duke and Duchess of Castro?

I wonder if we will see a gathering from various royal houses reigning/non reigning and not just from Spain.

I wonder if we will see a gathering from various royal houses reigning/non reigning and not just from Spain.

Depends on how many relatives from the side of the groom's grandmother attend. There could be some of France, Württemberg, Savoy

Last edited:
Depends on how many relatives from the side of the groom's grandmother attend. There could be some of France, Württemberg, Savoy

The family are well related plus we often see a gathering at these weddings from various royal houses.

According to ¡HOLA! King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Queen Sofia will not be present at the wedding.
https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_e...etizia-no-van-boda-jaime-borbon-dos-sicilias/

I think they are not going to attend to the wedding for the volcano's crisis, It's a very grave situation with thousands of evacuated, hundred of people who lost their homes and obviously all their things, the little ones their toys (some of them don't understand what is happening), it's not right time to go to a wedding, even if they are family and close friends, and they will support Felipe and Letizia's decision in this complicated moment for their own country for sure.

(Another possibility has a name: Urdangarín, he could attend to the wedding and this way they avoid yellow press, which it's the best they can do it.)

I think they are not going to attend to the wedding for the volcano's crisis, It's a very grave situation with thousands of evacuated, hundred of people who lost their homes and obviously all their things, the little ones their toys (some of them don't understand what is happening), it's not right time to go to a wedding, even if they are family and close friends, and they will support Felipe and Letizia's decision in this complicated moment for their own country for sure.

(Another possibility has a name: Urdangarín, he could attend to the wedding and this way they avoid yellow press, which it's the best they can do it.)

I don't think they go to the wedding because of the volcano situation. And of course it's the best decision.

I like the bagpipes playing for the bride's family and her little page boys wearing kilts.

It is a very beautiful cathedral.

I'd like to get a better look at the bride's dress, the only detail I could really make out was the lace bodice and sleeves.

There does seem to be a crowd gathered which is interesting since it's in Italy and not Spain.

The duchess of Calabria is wearing the traditional Spanish outfit for the mother of the groom: a long dress and a mantilla. The dowager duchess seems to be repeating her outfit of the 2004 wedding of the (now) king and queen of Spain. A pity the Spanish RF is absent.

The duke and duchess of Huescar were spotted among the guests.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom