Prince Jaime of Bourbon-Parma and Viktória Cservenyák; 5 October 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
The couple will get married on October 5th in the catholic Onze Lieve Vrouw ten Hemelopneming (Our Lady of the Ascencion Church) in Apeldoorn. In the evening there will be a party at het Loo palace. No details have been released about the civil wedding yet.

I suppose that Princess Beatrix & her family (except from the Royal Couple, maybe) will not be present; they are still in mourning after Friso's death.

There is no court mourning in the Netherlands anymore, except between the death and the burial. So I do think they will attend. Princess Beatrix herself has already attended various events, among them festive concerts.

This afternoon their civil wedding took place in Wijk bij Duurstede.

Wow, I wasn't aware that the civil wedding was today. Is she a Princess of Bourbon-Parma in her own right, or she's Princess Jaime?

We can refer to her as HRH The Countess of Bardi from now, or only after the religious wedding?

Church of Our Lady in Apeldoorn where the Religious wedding will take place on Friday,October 5th.

784px-Apeldoorn_Mariakerk.jpg

Church of Our Lady in Apeldoorn where the Religious wedding will take place on Friday,October 5th.

784px-Apeldoorn_Mariakerk.jpg

Oct. 5th is Saturday.:flowers: Thank you you for the pictures.

BrazilianEmpire, apparently she has been created the Countess of Montizon in her own right on August 11, 2013.
Source: Por Don Carlos: COMUNICADO DE LA SECRETARÍA DE DON CARLOS JAVIER DE BORBÓN PARMA

Oh, thank you.

But I suppose she'll start to use the title of Countess of Bardi now, or after the religious wedding.

Seems that each Royal House has different rule about when the wife starts to use her husband's title: after the civil wedding, or only after the religious one.

The Orleans-Braganzas are very strict about those things.

I didn't realize that their civil wedding was today, thanks for the information and congratulations to the couple. :) I wonder if we'll get photos from the civil wedding and the upcoming religious wedding.

On another note, I would imagine that the Dutch Royals will attend the religious wedding.

I didn't realize that their civil wedding was today, thanks for the information and congratulations to the couple. :) I wonder if we'll get photos from the civil wedding and the upcoming religious wedding.

On another note, I would imagine that the Dutch Royals will attend the religious wedding.

I'm hoping we'll see the extended family,its about time they had something to celebrate following the sad death of Prince Johan Friso.

I'm hoping we'll see the extended family,its about time they had something to celebrate following the sad death of Prince Johan Friso.

I agree; I'm sure that the wedding has/will make the Dutch Royals happier after the sad events (Prince Friso's death, Prince Bernhard's illness and Princess Beatrix's fall) that have happened this year.

The church where the religious wedding will take place looks quite nice. I've found some photos of the church's interior, but I'm not entirely sure if it's the same church as the photo's caption reads "'Onze Lieve Vrouwe ten Hemelopneming' (Our Lady of the Assumption), commonly called Mariakerk with its stunning interior of brick ceilings, wall paintings, Stations of the Cross, altars and stained-glass windows". Although I'll post it here anyway:

the Netherlands - Apeldoorn, Mariakerk - a photo on Flickriver

I agree; I'm sure that the wedding has/will make the Dutch Royals happier after the sad events (Prince Friso's death, Prince Bernhard's illness and Princess Beatrix's fall) that have happened this year.

The church where the religious wedding will take place looks quite nice. I've found some photos of the church's interior, but I'm not entirely sure if it's the same church as the photo's caption reads "'Onze Lieve Vrouwe ten Hemelopneming' (Our Lady of the Assumption), commonly called Mariakerk with its stunning interior of brick ceilings, wall paintings, Stations of the Cross, altars and stained-glass windows". Although I'll post it here anyway:

the Netherlands - Apeldoorn, Mariakerk - a photo on Flickriver

The Church looks lovely,I did a google search for Mariakerk (Apeldoorn) and the only one it brought up was the one I posted above,here's it Dutch Wikipedia page.

Mariakerk (Apeldoorn) - Wikipedia

Video I found

Mariakerk Apeldoorn by Willy Reimink - YouTube

The church isn't anything special, like most catholic churches in The Netherlands. Even though the dutch reformed church was not the official state religion, other religions had to stay modest when building a house of worship. An example is the 'Our Lord in The Attic' in Amsterdam, which was a 'secret' catholic church in a canal house: Ons' Lieve Heer op Solder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Only in the 2nd half of the 19th century the catholics could fully start building their churches again, so they ended up with a lot of neo-gothic monstrosities. The church in Apeldoorn is also from that period, though not as ugly as many other buildings.

Did they announce the time the wedding service will begin?

:bourbonparma:
True Stefan,at 13.00PM,but it won't be aired.Snippets and other bits and pieces will reach us all tho,of this wedding of one of the nicest men around in the extended Dutch RF.

The gold for the wedding rings of the Prince and Princess,as they already are since the civil ceremony on thursday,is from Peru and was purchased through the Fair Trade scheme of Solidaridad according to Prince Jaime.The gold was derived from fe mobile phones and the diamonds used do not find their origin in conflict areas according to the Prince who states;" I can look at the rings and know they represent something pure".
Prince Jaime gave an interview to "Royalty" :)

Thank you! I didn’t expect the wedding to be aired. But I am still looking forward to seeing pictures, especially of the beautiful bride.

Only now I realized that I have never saw a picture of Princess Viktória.

Waiting for Prince Jaime, Princess Viktória and the Royal Families...

Attachments

• image-4038163.jpg
    image-4038163.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 312
Apparently, Princess Annemarie won't attend the wedding, because she has been admitted to hospital.

Princess Viktória as bride reminds me a little bit on Princess Leia from Star Wars.

She looks radiant, imho. I really like the simple empire line dress. The hairstyle might not be everyone's taste, but I think that it is quite far from Princess Leia.

But is she hiding a littel secret behind the bouquet and the high waistline :flowers:? I was surprised at the very short engagement period. Nowadays, most couples take more time to plan their wedding. Unless...:)

Back
Top Bottom