Prince Eudes de France & Marie-Liesse de Rohan-Chabot 1999

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elsa M.

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
--
Country
Portugal
Prince Eudes Thibaut (*1968), Duke of Angoulême, married Marie-Liesse de Rohan-Chabot in Antrain-sur-Couesnon (Brittany, France), on July 10th, 1999.

Prince Eudes is the son of Henri Philippe (Count of Paris and Duc de France), and Marie-Thérèse of Wurtemburg (Duchess of Montpensier). The bride is a daughter of Count Louis Mériadek de Rohan-Chabot and Princess Isabelle de Bauffremont-Courtenay and was born in Paris, on June 25th, 1969.

The civil wedding took place at Dreux Town Halland, on June 19th. Marie-Liesse was dressed by Chanel and combed by Alexdandre.

Photos by Corbis:

The religious wedding in Antrain-sur-Couesnon. Photos from Corbis:

Also from Corbis:

The official photo from Point de Vue:

crisiñaki said:
Are they still married?
I imagine so.
They have two children:

• HRH Princess Therese d'Angoulême, b 2001
• HRH Prince Pierre d'Angoulême, b 2003

 And thanks to Elsa for putting these new wedding threads together. :)

Last edited:
Of course they are still married! They lived a few years in Nice, but recently moved to Paris. I believe Eudes works in the management of a big hotel.

The day of their civil wedding was the day the count of Paris (Eudes's grandfather and head of the family) died. I believe the couple was only informed after the ceremony.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Of course they are still married! They lived a few years in Nice, but recently moved to Paris. I believe Eudes works in the management of a big hotel.

The day of their civil wedding was the day the count of Paris (Eudes's grandfather and head of the family) died. I believe the couple was only informed after the ceremony.

The Count of Paris was informed his father has died just after the end of the ceremony. And when, further in the day, the newly civil-wed talked toi her father about the party, he was told his grandfather has died.

His brother, Prince Jean, was to marry Duchess Tatjana d'Oldenbourg (a Protestant German aristocrat) in the summer of 2001 and Chartres Cathedral was even booked for the ceremony, but his family opposed the marriage. Jean broke off the engagement...

:rolleyes: Looking at the threads posted by Elsa (many thanks;) BTW),it is just me but the members of the non-reigning houses of Europe, specially of princely and archducal (is that term correct?:eek: ) families seem to marry fellow aristocrats, why do you think is that?

I like her tiara. The dress is kind of nice. But its kind of missing something....I don't know what though.

Elsa M. said:
His brother, Prince Jean, was to marry Duchess Tatjana d'Oldenbourg (a Protestant German aristocrat) in the summer of 2001 and Chartres Cathedral was even booked for the ceremony, but his family opposed the marriage. Jean broke off the engagement...

According to Jean it didn't have anything to do with the family, the couple decided themselves that it was best not to get married, the more the wedding day approached the more they were convinced they didn't love each other enough to stay together for the rest of their lives.

Lady Jennifer said:
I like her tiara. The dress is kind of nice. But its kind of missing something....I don't know what though.

I agree. I love the top part but then the the bottom and veil are just misssing something. I dont know what it is either. Thanks for all these threads Elsa.:D

crisiñaki said:
:rolleyes: Looking at the threads posted by Elsa (many thanks;) BTW),it is just me but the members of the non-reigning houses of Europe, specially of princely and archducal (is that term correct?:eek: ) families seem to marry fellow aristocrats, why do you think is that?
It's an interesting observation... I believe it's more or less a matter of survival. Since they can't access a reigning position, all they can do is trying to preserve a certain "aura" of identity that keeps them away from the rest of the crowd. The reigning families perhaps are not so concerned about their caste, because they already have the power and the power is given by the people...

Just a thought...:confused:

I've realized only today that Marie-Liesse is the granddaughter of Jacques, the Duke of Bauffremont, who is one of the main supporters of Luis Alfonso de Borbon as claimant to the French Throne and therefore is an opponent to the claims of the Orleans.
I wonder if this fact caused some problems at the time of Eudes and Marie-Liesse's marriage.

MAfan , I wonder if he was at his grand-daughter's wedding ?

The tiara and veil are very nice, the right position for the veil if at the back of the bride's head but I'm not overly mad about the dress. Rather plain and ordinary for my liking.

For the religious wedding Eudes's witnesses were his brother Jean, Duke of Vendome, Prince Gennaro of Bourbon Two-Sicilies, and Henry Lecharny.
Marie-Liesse's witnesses were her mother, her sister Eleonore, and Florence Bouteiller.

Back
Top Bottom