Prince Christian of Hanover and Alessandra de Osma; Nov. 2017/March 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Ernst August V , left hand second finger a tape for medical reasons . He is looking frail , but his life was not healty at all.
Do you think Prince Christian will be his Heir ?

His title, he cant choose his heir any more then any other royal/former royal. Ernst is his eldest son, and therefore his heir. He has already handed over control of much of his German estates to Ernst Jr in 2004. He lost control of the Austrian properties, well the foundation that runs them, in 2013 and now they are managed by his son as well. It is one of the reasons father dearest didn't attend his elder son's wedding, or consent to the wedding.

In 2004, Ernst August had signed over his German property to his elder son, including Marienburg Castle, the agricultural estate of Calenberg Castle, the "Princely House" at Herrenhausen Gardens in Hanover and some forests near Blankenburg Castle (Harz) which he had re-purchased in former East Germany after the German reunification of 1990. At the time, Ernst-August’s wealth was estimated as high as $250 million.[26] Since then, the younger Ernst August has taken over many representative tasks on behalf of his father. The latter remained in charge of the Austrian family assets. In 2013 however, Ernst August was removed from the chairmanship of a family foundation based in Liechtenstein which holds the properties near Gmunden in Austria, the Hanovers' main residence in exile after 1866 when their Kingdom of Hanover was annexed by Prussia. Instead, the younger Ernst August was put in charge, reportedly for negligence on part of his father[27], at the initiative of the foundation's trustee Prince Michael of Liechtenstein[28]. The foundation manages vast forests, a game park, a hunting lodge, the Queen's Villa and other property. In 2017 Ernst August filed legal action to recover his chairmanship, and he intends to revoke the bestowal of his German property. Due to this dispute over family assets, he also declared his intention to withhold consent for his son's marriage to Ekaterina Malysheva[29] which he did not attend.

Christian does have some say over the estates, and the brothers auctioned off many items to pay bills, but Ernst is certainly the heir.

What does Christian do?

Does christian work for the family?

Or does he have independant means?

Does christian work for the family?

Or does he have independant means?

Like his brother, he is involved in the family estate. The only confirmed I can find is that he and Alessandra lived in Spain for a few years when he studied business. But it seems he may be involved with Julio Santo Domingo III (Tatiana's brother) and his music business.

This was as lavish a wedding from a non reigning Royal as we are likely to see in a while. The only other one that I can think of that compares is the Pavlos/Marie Chantal Miller blowout nuptials in the 90's.

I was mildly disappointed with Sassa's bridal gown even though she looked perfectly lovely. I expected something less mundane, and the bodice didn't fit quite right probably due to last minute weight loss.

But her final ballgown, the ivory one with the bustle and train, was beyond gorgeous!

Beautiful classy regal wedding all around.

apparently ernst august father had to be put in an induced comma in lima following having drunk too much alcohol at the wedding, royal musings reports:

Royal Musings: Prince Ernst August place in a coma after too much drinking

apparently pierre casiraghi stayed by his bedside, probably covering for son christian, who was (understandably) at his wedding party. i thought that was a kind gesture. christian left the party to go to hospital to be with his dad.

i find it all rather sad. poor christian and alessandra to have their wedding ending like this.

apparently initially they reported ernst august suffered food poisoning 'which is common in south america' as his lawyer reported. in my opinion, this also reflects badly on christian and alessandra making them look like they didn't properly take care of their guests when it was actually not true and the lawyer was trying to cover for the father's behaviour.

:previous: Agree. Her dress is stunning. Actually I like both wedding dresses from the Hanoverian princesses. Very regal and that's how a lace royal wedding dress should be done.

Alessandra's dress is breathtaking and she looks like the kind of (non-reigning) royal bride I'm sure children would imagine. Her dress is definitely up there in my mental top 10 list of favourite royal wedding gowns!

Princess Alessandra of Hannover on her wedding dress. The pictures are from her makeup artist. I think the agencies photos don't make justice to her beautiful dress.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqnAIQelAPi/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqlURTthwkZ/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqmIoTPBsGK/

I agree that the agency photos don't do this magnificent gown justice at all. Quite the opposite in fact, I was rather disappointed when I first saw the photos of Christian's bride.

But in full effect Alessandra was regal and beautiful.

To mark their fourth wedding anniversary Alessandra has shared this lovely photo today:

** Pic ** Post **

Back
Top Bottom