Carlos, Duke of Parma & Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel, June & Nov 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
The engagement time is over, Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Parma
and Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel have married this weekend!

It's been a civil wedding on Saturday, June 12, time and place are
kept secret. The church wedding will follow at the end of August
in Brussels.

Annemarie, now Princess of Bourbon-Parma, declared she would
continue to work as a parliamentary editor at the NOS in Den Haag
under her maiden name.

** Prins Carlos trouwt in geheim voor burgelijke stand **

Pitty that there are not many pictures are from them !! It's a nice copple hope we see more when they are married !

Is it known in which church will they marry?

Lots of weddings are happening like this.
The religious wedding should get us more pictures.

Accroding to the caption of these pics, the civil wedding
has taken place in Wijk bij Duurstede - that's a municipality
and a town in the southern province of Utrecht.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Is it known in which church will they marry?

I don't think it is, though I missed a few interviews that the couple gave. I can't imagine it will be in SS Muchel & Gudela, that would be too pompous. I am hoping for 'Notre Dame de Sablon.

--------

The Telegraaf also mentioned that the civil wedding was in Wijk bij Duurstede. Princess Irene lives there btw (when she is in the country).

Thanks Iseflower for the nice pitures from the couple !!

You're welcome barber :flowers:

As a nice surprise three wedding pics were released today!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Congratulations to the couple on their (civil) wedding. I like her simple coat/dress for the civil ceremony.

I don't think it is, though I missed a few interviews that the couple gave. I can't imagine it will be in SS Muchel & Gudela, that would be too pompous. I am hoping for 'Notre Dame de Sablon.

What about La Cambre Abbey?

Congratulations to the couple.
The bride is a very beatiful lady.

prince carlos of bourbon parma will loose his sucession right to the headship of the house of bourbon parma since the law regulate royal marriages in the bourbons of parma still in effect and it is likely his brother jaime will replace him. dont forget his father consider the marriage of grand duke henri and maria theresa morganatic and jean then sovereign had to renounce his bourbon parma titles for himself and descendants. so in carlos hugo view it is a MESALLIANCE

On the other side, Carlos Hugo is the only one who can change the rules of Bourbon-Parma Family, and nothing prevents him from doing. (I wonder: would he consider dinastycally valid Carlos' or Jaime's marriage to a commoner in order of be sure that his not much loved brother won't inhrit his claims? :whistling: )
Another point: will Carlos lose his succession rights, or will his descendants be excluded from succession?

According to Prince Carlos, his father approved the marriage. (He said this during one of his interviews, I can't remember what the magazine was called.)

Josette

This is one of the problems of royal weddings: Carlos Hugo approving Carlos' marriage may mean on a side that he approves it as Head of the Ducal Family; but on the other side it may also mean that as a father he likes Annemarie, he thinks that they are a good couple, he wants the happiness of his son, etc..., but this doesn't imply that the marriage is approved under a dynastic point of view.
It's difficult to understand the limit between personal feelings and political/dynastic convenience or unsuitability.

Yes very confusing indeed. Prince Carlos's father aproves the wedding of his son to a commoner, but did not approve of the wife of Henri of Luxembourg, that does not make sense....does he approve of the wedding as a father or as the Head of his family?

Christian

Yes very confusing indeed. Prince Carlos's father aproves the wedding of his son to a commoner, but did not approve of the wife of Henri of Luxembourg, that does not make sense....

One can say that Carlos Hugo changed his mind in the last 30 years, as well as many Sovereigns and Heads of Royal Houses did with the passing of the years (i.e. Queen Elizabeth II, who denied her allwance to her sister to marry a divorced man, but 50 years later she allowed the Prince of Wales to marry a divorcée; or Archduke Otto of Austria, who considered many marriages of Archdukes to commoners as morganatic, but in the last years he allowed some of these marriages considering them dinastically valid).

The St.Michiel & St.Gudele,Brussels will be the venue of the religious ceremony.:)

Apparently not. It will be at the Abbey de La Cambre according to royalblog.nl.

wedding postponed

Today the royal family de Bourbon de Parme announced that the religious wedding of Prince Carlos and Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel is postponed due to the very serious medical condition of Prince Carlos Hugo.:cry:
A new date has to be set yet.
I think this is a very good decision; the family needs to concentrate on the pending death of the prince.

I agree , for a family it would be terrible to have a wedding and perhaps funerals on the same time athough the Duke asked not to postpone the wedding
What is sad is that he would 'not assist to any wedding of his children. He was not there for Margartha 's sad first wedding. He was invited and came to nearly all the Dutch royal weddings.

And was he present at her second wedding?

As for Annemarie & Carlos: they dont have to do a big wedding party, they can have a silent wedding, only with closest family & closest friends of the couple...

Unfortunately, the Duke won't probably see nor Jaime nor Carolina before the altar...

I read today that the wedding was first postponed when the Duke's condition worsened. My condolences to the family.
Can anyone tell me who is the mother of the natural son Prince Carlos has? The child was listed in the Duke's obituary.

I read today that the wedding was first postponed when the Duke's condition worsened. My condolences to the family.
Can anyone tell me who is the mother of the natural son Prince Carlos has? The child was listed in the Duke's obituary.
Brigitte Klijnstra.More on her in the respective threads.:)

i'm sorry if this is the wrong thread but since it is mentioned here; where can i find the duke'S obituary?
thank you.

The church wedding between Carlos of Bourbon-Parma and Annemarie Gualtherie van Weezel will be celebrated at 20 november 2010 in Brussels.
(Noblesse&Royautes)

The church wedding between Carlos of Bourbon-Parma and Annemarie Gualtherie van Weezel will be celebrated at 20 november 2010 in Brussels.
(Noblesse&Royautes)

Not them,Noblesse etc.,but the Royal House de Bourbon de Parma announced it yesterday.
And I did at the Italian thread last night.Thank you.:)

Back
Top Bottom