Prince Alexander von Fürstenberg and Alexandra Miller (1995)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by H.M. Margrethe@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 6:06 am

Who are the 2. sister who are devorsing her husband ?
I know that CP M-C are not having a devors and that is it Pia she are also not having a devors
Q Margrethe:
In the "Marie Chantal and Pavlos News and Pix thread Part II" forum (closed
Feb. 18), on page 9 Sheeba summarized an interview w/M-C and she talked about her sisters' marriages ending.

Originally posted by Fireweaver@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 7:05 pm
There's rumors he was cheating on her. He started up w/ his new Girlfriend right away.
He really cheated on her for years, and I'm not dishing. ;) Stories about him fly all over NYC. He was even cheating on her when they were younger while he was at Brown. She married him knowing that he was a cheater, so I expected them to either divorce or eventually end up leading separate lives. I guess that she thought that a marriage and children would change him, but that hardly ever works. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Fireweaver@Feb 19th, 2004 - 9:11 pm
That's a good question. Alex girl didn't really have a need for one as much MC does, so it may be a loan from Alex boy's family. I don't think the tiara has been seen since.
I don't think that the family gave her a tiara. But, the one that she wore for her wedding has been in the Furstenburg family for a very long time. I believe that it dates back to the Napoleonic era.

Originally posted by Elizajane+Mar 2nd, 2004 - 10:48 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elizajane @ Mar 2nd, 2004 - 10:48 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by mgrant@Mar 1st, 2004 - 12:38 pm
Originally posted by Bubbette@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 3:24 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-mgrant
@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 12:01 pm
:unsure: Does anybody know why they divorced? From some of the pictures I saw they seemed like they were very close..............

Really? In every picture I saw she was fawning all over him and he couldn't look more disinterested.

:lol: She might have been! Geez, why did he marry her? Would it had been easier (and cheaper!) to just date and breakup later?????? :lol:
Poor Bob Miller ~ With the money he spent on each of his three daughters' (Marie Chantal and Prince Pavlos, Pia and [I don't know his given name] Getty, and Alex and Alex)'s weddings, you could feed 3 meals a day, every day, for nearly every citizen of Jordan for a couple of years! To have two of his daughter's marriages collapse, it must be pretty depressing. It just goes to show that money doesn't always buy happiness. :(

Elizajane [/b][/quote]
Very true, Elizajane.

However, the rumor in social circles has always been that the marriages would either end or the parties would end up leading lives apart from one another. It has always been said in private and even in a few publications that Pia and Alex would most likely have marriage troubles. The opinion of many is that the marriages were more status based than anything. There were most likely some emotions in the beginning for Pia and Alex and their husbands, but it is pretty clear that Mama Miller wanted her daughters to use their heads when they married and not mainly their hearts. She wanted them to marry men with names of good social standing. Sometimes this is how the "good name" marriages work out in the end.

MC and Pavlos, however, seem to be doing very well. I think that is do in large part to the fact that both Pavlos and MC seem to be in their marriage and not just one person, as were Pia and Alex. I haven't heard any stories about Pavlos as I have about Chris Getty and Alexandre. Hopefully, he and MC will be together for a very long time. :)

Originally posted by Jacqueline+Mar 2nd, 2004 - 9:26 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jacqueline @ Mar 2nd, 2004 - 9:26 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Fireweaver@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 7:05 pm
There's rumors he was cheating on her. He started up w/ his new Girlfriend right away.
He really cheated on her for years, and I'm not dishing. ;) Stories about him fly all over NYC. He was even cheating on her when they were younger while he was at Brown. She married him knowing that he was a cheater, so I expected them to either divorce or eventually end up leading separate lives. I guess that she thought that a marriage and children would change him, but that hardly ever works. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
I'm not the biggest fan of any of the Miller sisters. But I must say that no matter who you are, or how much money you have, it hurts to be cheated on. Especially when it's public knowledge. It makes me feel really sorry for her. :(

Originally posted by Gabriella+Mar 28th, 2004 - 8:11 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gabriella @ Mar 28th, 2004 - 8:11 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Jacqueline@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 9:26 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Fireweaver
@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 7:05 pm

He really cheated on her for years, and I'm not dishing. ;) Stories about him fly all over NYC. He was even cheating on her when they were younger while he was at Brown. She married him knowing that he was a cheater, so I expected them to either divorce or eventually end up leading separate lives. I guess that she thought that a marriage and children would change him, but that hardly ever works. :rolleyes:
I'm not the biggest fan of any of the Miller sisters. But I must say that no matter who you are, or how much money you have, it hurts to be cheated on. Especially when it's public knowledge. It makes me feel really sorry for her. :( [/b][/quote]
:( Gee, I didn't know that. I just though they fell out of love. That's very sad. I figured that since they knew each other for so long the marriage would be a success. I guess that doesn't always happen no matter who you are or how much money you have.......

Originally posted by Gabriella@Mar 29th, 2004 - 1:11 am

I'm not the biggest fan of any of the Miller sisters. But I must say that no matter who you are, or how much money you have, it hurts to be cheated on. Especially when it's public knowledge. It makes me feel really sorry for her. :(
It really does.

But, the divorces for the two sisters have apparently been finalized and Alexandra has a new guy. I'm not sure if Pia is dating anyone, however. She is the really low-key sister when compared to Alex and MC. She could get married again and have another child and no one know about it for a year.

Alex (girl) was just dumb about it--anyone could see that Alex (boy) was not in love with her. She just dropped everything in her life and followed him around like a puppy dog. Too bad there are now two kids who don't get to see their father often.

I didn't know that Alex and Alex had 2 kids - that makes fhs whole thing even worse, any marriage break up is terrible, but especially if children are involved.
Does anyone know how old the children are, and are they both boys/girls, or one of each?
Thanks Nicole

I know that Alex has a boy and a girl, Talisso and Talita I think are their names. I think they are both under 5 years old.

Originally posted by Fashionista100@Apr 2nd, 2004 - 9:01 am
I know that Alex has a boy and a girl, Talisso and Talita I think are their names. I think they are both under 5 years old.
Yes, Talita was born May 7, 1999 and Tassilo (or Tassilio?) was born in the summer of 2001.

Too sad, really. Money can buy you lots of things, but it cannot buy true love or happiness.

Pia is still married to getty,they were apparently separated for a while but have now reconciled.

Josefine said:
where did the sisters get married
I'm not sure about Pia but Alex was married on October 28, 1995.

Josefine said:
where did the sisters get married

Pia married Christopher Getty in a sunset ceremony in Bali in 1992. It culminated in the couple being showered with flower petals and having a ride on an elephant's back.

Marie-Chantal married Pavlos in the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of St. Sophia in London in the summer of 1995 and their reception was hosted at Hampton Court.

Alexandra married Alex von Furstenburg on the 8th of October, 1995 at the Church of St. Ignatius Loyola in New York. Like the weddings of her sisters, it was a splashy affair that took place over a span of 3 days.

A Romantic Wedding

in this page there are many wonderful pics from Alex's wedding...

I love the photo showing MC dancing with her father1!!!

I haven't seen pictures of Pia's wedding, but I liked Alex's wedding dress over MC's. I liked Alex's tiara and the fact the that the design of the tiara was echoed on the front of her dress. It was by Karl Lagerfeld. MC's wedding dress was by Valentino and was too much like Grace Kelly's. Not that I didn't like Grace's, but I think a wedding dress should reflect the bride's taste. MC's dress says "I think of myself as the next Grace Kelly!" and I found that a little distasteful.

I loved Pia's dress.I can't picture seeing it on a royal but it worked for her.

Looking back at her wedding gown, I now really dislike it. I like the style but I thought the fabric was awful. I also did not like the jewel detail on the top. Her veil, however, was beautiful. All in all, I thought the gown in general was too much.

Last edited:
I think Alexandra(formerly von Furstenberg's) bridal gown was the most sumptuous and magnificent I have ever seen, anywhere. It seems to have been modeled closely on the one Elizabeth Taylor wore when she married Nicky Hilton
in 1950, only Alex's was made to look more "Royal" than Liz's of course.

In fact Alex's gown , tiara and veil and entire look was more successful than her sister MC's by far, imo.

Three magnificent weddings and only one that is still successful kind of makes me sad. If I had 1/4 of the money the Millers shelled out for these spectacular affairs I bet I'd be set for life!;)

Back
Top Bottom