Other Royal and Noble Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I imagine the bride is related to Elisabeth von Pezold, an heiress of the house of Schwarzenberg?

I imagine the bride is related to Elisabeth von Pezold, an heiress of the house of Schwarzenberg?
I was about ask this same thing too. You beat me to it. I should think so

Indeed. Helene von Pezold is a great-niece of Rüdiger von Pezold, Elisabeth von Pezold's husband.

don't know but her mother is a born Countess zu Solms-Laubach and her grandmother is Princess Madeleine zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

To day 9 september civil second Weddng of Princ Charles Louis d' Orléans with Mrs Noami Kern at Orleans.

Last edited:
The bride might not have been titled but the family is clearly well connected among the German nobility. /
Exactly one of her aunts is Princess Maria zur Lippe and among the cousins of her mother is the Landgrave of Hesse and Prince Gustav zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg

Maria Teresita Princess of Saxony, Duchess of Saxony, and French Count Beryl Alexandre de Saporta married in Dresden, Germany, today, September 23.

** tt.se gallery ** bild.de article **

Interesting Tiara, looks like this one worn by the bride's ancestor Princess Elisabeth Helene: https://gw.geneanet.org/gpougnet?lang=fr&n=de+tour+et+taxis&oc=0&p=elisabeth+helene
It's strange, though, that this tiara hasn't been seen for many decades. The bride's mother Princess Gisela has been seen wearing a small ruby bandeau before.

Indeed you are right this could be the tiara. I thought it looked not really old and historic and that it might be from the grooms Family.

Wonder why it hasn't been worn by Princess Gisela. But perhaps it is owned by the Dowager Margravine of Meissen.

At first, I also thought that the tiara had a contemporary look. But the pearls are somehow irregular, so they are probably old natural pearls and not modern cultured pearls. To me it looks like it's possible that the aquamarines and the pearls can be worn as separate necklaces.

Anyway, it's exciting to see this heirloom tiara again, and I hope we'll see it on future brides.

That's a lovely and regal tiara!

A pity we were not able to see more photos of the guests. I imagine there must have been quite a few members of the Bavarian RF present.

A pity we were not able to see more photos of the guests. I imagine there must have been quite a few members of the Bavarian RF present.
Apparently there was quiet a Chaos before the Church with people storming the stairs leading into the Church so that the bride and her father had difficulties to come through and go into the Church-

I imagine there are always quite a few tourists in Dresden. It has some wonderful buildings to visit. If I understood the words of Prince Alexander well, the wedding took place in the hofkirche?

I imagine there are always quite a few tourists in Dresden. It has some wonderful buildings to visit. If I understood the words of Prince Alexander well, the wedding took place in the hofkirche?

Yes the Wedding was in the former Hofkirche which is now the Cathedral. Actually it is the only big catholic Church as most of the population of Saxony is protestant.

Yes there are always Tourists but if you look at pics here https://www.saechsische.de/dresden/dresden-hochzeit-wettin-5909437.html

there where masses of people. Apparently there had been no security measures

Apparently there was quiet a Chaos before the Church with people storming the stairs leading into the Church so that the bride and her father had difficulties to come through and go into the Church-
As Princess Maria's great-great-grandfather King Friedrich August once said the Saxons are a strange kind of republicans.

Last edited:
As Princess Maria's great-great-grandfather King Friedrich August once said the Saxons are a strange kind of republicans.
Yes he said on his way to a train station and I think he said deal with it yourselves.

On June 8, 2002, at St. Mary's Church in Fairford, Gloucestershire, Torquhil Campbell, Duke of Argyll married Eleanor Cadbury. Eleanor is the daughter of Peter and Sally Cadbury.

Back
Top Bottom