The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 09-25-2018, 10:12 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,949
Who is the owner of the Casino?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-25-2018, 10:50 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 21,598


According to their website the casino is owned by the Sinaia city council:

https://translate.googleusercontent....k3MHzwYCDZyN7g

The casino stopped functioning as such since the communist take-over in the 1940s. Afterwards it became a conference center.
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-25-2018, 11:25 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,122
Nicolae and Alina-Maria on the cover of newest issue of romanian magazine Nunta (wedding)
"The discreet charm of the dynasty"
Exclusively at magazine Nunta, a princely love story: Nicolae al Romaniei and Alina-Maria de Roumanie with elegance and dignity
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...25&oe=5C29301B

Photos from magazine Nunta's Facebook
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010100...79816021313531
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010100...79816021313531
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010100...79816021313531
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010100...79816021313531
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010100...79816021313531
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010100...79816021313531
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-25-2018, 11:34 AM
Debbies's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Milano, Italy
Posts: 205
He wears two medals in the cover photo: what are they?
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-25-2018, 11:39 AM
M. Payton's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,851
What a very handsome couple and wishing them the very best for the future. Their hearts are in the right place for the country!
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-25-2018, 12:04 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbies View Post
He wears two medals in the cover photo: what are they?
Nicolae got Nihil Sine Deo from king Mihai in April 2010. According to the website of the Romanian Royal Family, Nicolae has got medal nr. 1.
Decorația Regala Nihil Sine Deo

He got also Royal Decoration of the Custodian of the Romanian Crown First Class in 2015
Medalia Custodele Coroanei romāne

Nicolae had also the Grand Cross of the Order of the Crown, when he was a prince:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-T...olae-maria.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-25-2018, 12:21 PM
Debbies's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Milano, Italy
Posts: 205
Thank you LadyFinn! I see in the picture you posted that Radu, husband of Margareta has a grand cross too. Did he get a royal title upon the wedding? And thanks for your updates on the upcoming wedding. I hope I am not going out of topic.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-25-2018, 12:40 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 10,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbies View Post
Thank you LadyFinn! I see in the picture you posted that Radu, husband of Margareta has a grand cross too. Did he get a royal title upon the wedding? And thanks for your updates on the upcoming wedding. I hope I am not going out of topic.

According the website of the Royal House:


Order of King Carol I

Collar:

Princess Margareta (2017)

Grand Cross:
Princess Margareta (1996)
Prince Radu (2007)

Order of the Romanian Crown

Grand Cross:
Princess Margareta (2011)
Prince Radu (2011)
Princess Elena (2013)
Princess Maria (2014)
Princess Sophia (2017)
Alexander Philips Nixon (2018)
-> It seems the Order has been revoked from Nicholas in order of King Michael?
He is also not wearing it on the picture with Alina, only with his two medals.
The website of the Royal House does not name Nicholas amongst the recipients, but he had worn it.

Commander:
Alexander Philips Nixon (2013)

Royal Decoration of the Custodian

Hors categorie:
Princess Margareta (2015)

First Class:
Princess Elena (2015)
Princess Sophie (2015)
Princess Marie (2015)
Now former Prince Nicholas (2015)


Royal Decoration Nihil Sine Deo

Alexander Philips Nixon (2010)
Now former Prince Nicholas (2010)
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-25-2018, 11:49 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,122
Video/slideshow from Facebook of Marilena Rotaru, the President of Mișcarea pentru Regat și Coroană (The Movement for the Kingdom and the Crown).
The royal wedding of the century in Romania
Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-26-2018, 05:34 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,949
Yes it is the first Wedding of a grandson of the late King Michael and Queen Anne in Roumanie.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 09-26-2018, 07:18 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Yes it is the first Wedding of a grandson of the late King Michael and Queen Anne in Roumanie.
The first Weddin g of a Family member in Romania since the Wedding of Prinmcess Ileana in 1931.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 09-26-2018, 08:14 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 10,276
"Īn 2010, la īmplinirea vārstei de 25 de ani Majestatea Sa Regele Mihai I i-a conferit titlul de Principe al Romāniei și calificativul de Alteță Regală, īn cadrul unei ceremonii ce a avut loc la Palatul Elisabeta.

Īn 2010 a fost decorat de Regele Mihai cu Decorația regală Nihil Sine Deo, iar īn 2013, cu Marea Cruce a Ordinului Coroana Romāniei."

(In 2010, at the age of 25, His Majesty King Michael I gave him the title of Prince of Romania and the title of Royal Highness at a ceremony held at Elisabeta Palace.

In 2010 he was bestowed by King Michael the royal decoration Nihil Sine Deo, and in 2013, with the Grand Cross in the Ordinului Coroana Romāniei.)

Possibly when his grandfather decided that the style, title, position in the Royal House and place in the succession, was abrogated, Nicholas also lost the Order? It seems it was conferred to him together with the creation as Prince of Romania.

Principele Nicolae a īmplinit 30 de ani
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 09-26-2018, 10:20 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,122
Archbishop Calinic will celebrate Prince Nicolae' wedding: "King Mihai I thought the prince could cultivate the hopes of binding the broken line of 1947"

Prince Nicolae's wedding with Alina Binder will take place on Sunday, September 30, in Sinaia. The religious ceremony will be celebrated by priests led by Calinic, archbishop of Arges and Muscel, with whom King Mihai's grandson has a special relationship of friendship. Archbishop Calinic spoke to Adevarul about Prince Nicolae.
Archbishop Calinic is affectionately affiliated with Sinaia because he was named abbot of the Sinaia Monastery from 1977 to 1981.
Prince Nicolae was the one who wanted Archbishop Calinic to celebrate his religious wedding with Alina Binder. "At the request of Prince Nicolae of Romania, Father Patriarch Daniel gave the blessing and approval that on 30 September I would participate with a group of priests serving the Holy Sacrament of marriage", said Archbishop Calinic.
The first meeting of Archbishop Calinic with Prince Nicolae was a few years ago when the latter came along with Prince Radu to see how the works go to the new Archbishop's Cathedral and royal necropolis. "And when Queen Ana was buried, I urged that especially in such special moments in human life, whatever the difficulties there were, any family and especially members of the Royal Family would be solidary, just as at the funeral of King Mihai I, who watched over his life (Prince Nicolae), with the desire to be the heir of the Royal Crown", said Archbishop Calinic.
About the wedding gift he will give to Prince Nicolae and Alina Binder, archbishop Calinic revealed that it would be an icon, "as he is an icon for Romania".
Regarding the future of Prince Nicolae, Archbishop Calinic said: "I see him consolidated with the Romanians. King Mihai I thought for decades that Prince Nicolae could cultivate the hopes of binding the broken line of 1947, of course the King's descendants and descendants could play an exceptional role in this. For me, Prince Nicolae is an authentic Romanian and will be perfect in this way".
On October 2nd, two days after the wedding, Prince Nicolae and his wife will go to the Curtea de Arges Monastery. "In our conversations, Prince Nicolae told me that he would come after the wedding, without delay, to Curtea de Argeş, to the royal lands of his forefathers in the Royal Family of Romania, to recollect and to remember them in prayers", confirmed archbishop Calinic.
Arhiepiscopul Calinic va oficia nunta principelui Nicolae_ „Regele Mihai I s-a gāndit că principele ar putea cultiva speranţele legării firului rupt īn 1947“ _ adevarul.ro
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 09-26-2018, 10:45 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,949
Wil Archbishop Calinic be welcome at Elisabeta Palace in the future ?
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 09-26-2018, 10:52 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 10,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Archbishop Calinic will celebrate Prince Nicolae' wedding: "King Mihai I thought the prince could cultivate the hopes of binding the broken line of 1947"

Prince Nicolae's wedding with Alina Binder will take place on Sunday, September 30, in Sinaia. The religious ceremony will be celebrated by priests led by Calinic, archbishop of Arges and Muscel, with whom King Mihai's grandson has a special relationship of friendship. Archbishop Calinic spoke to Adevarul about Prince Nicolae.
Archbishop Calinic is affectionately affiliated with Sinaia because he was named abbot of the Sinaia Monastery from 1977 to 1981.
Prince Nicolae was the one who wanted Archbishop Calinic to celebrate his religious wedding with Alina Binder. "At the request of Prince Nicolae of Romania, Father Patriarch Daniel gave the blessing and approval that on 30 September I would participate with a group of priests serving the Holy Sacrament of marriage", said Archbishop Calinic.
The first meeting of Archbishop Calinic with Prince Nicolae was a few years ago when the latter came along with Prince Radu to see how the works go to the new Archbishop's Cathedral and royal necropolis. "And when Queen Ana was buried, I urged that especially in such special moments in human life, whatever the difficulties there were, any family and especially members of the Royal Family would be solidary, just as at the funeral of King Mihai I, who watched over his life (Prince Nicolae), with the desire to be the heir of the Royal Crown", said Archbishop Calinic.
About the wedding gift he will give to Prince Nicolae and Alina Binder, archbishop Calinic revealed that it would be an icon, "as he is an icon for Romania".
Regarding the future of Prince Nicolae, Archbishop Calinic said: "I see him consolidated with the Romanians. King Mihai I thought for decades that Prince Nicolae could cultivate the hopes of binding the broken line of 1947, of course the King's descendants and descendants could play an exceptional role in this. For me, Prince Nicolae is an authentic Romanian and will be perfect in this way".
On October 2nd, two days after the wedding, Prince Nicolae and his wife will go to the Curtea de Arges Monastery. "In our conversations, Prince Nicolae told me that he would come after the wedding, without delay, to Curtea de Argeş, to the royal lands of his forefathers in the Royal Family of Romania, to recollect and to remember them in prayers", confirmed archbishop Calinic.
Arhiepiscopul Calinic va oficia nunta principelui Nicolae_ „Regele Mihai I s-a gāndit că principele ar putea cultiva speranţele legării firului rupt īn 1947“ _ adevarul.ro
Interesting that the Archbishop thought "for decades" about Nicholas, a Swiss-born British dude just in his early thirties, and with a serious role in the monarchy for just five years. He thougt "for decades", less than 30 years after the fall of the Communist regime. Really?

The Archbishop paid lots of lip-service here.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 09-26-2018, 11:17 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 21,598
Apparently you have difficulties in believing that members of the clergy are telling the truth. If we can not trust an archbishop on his word, who can we trust?

As Nicholas is a grandson of the late king - something that not even his aunt and her husband can undo, as much as they perhaps would like - it is not odd that people who held the late king in high regard may have thought about his grandchildren for decades too. No amount of belittling comments can undo that Nicholas is the eldest child of the present heiress to the defunct throne.

One would hope that a wedding would be a good moment for a family to reconsile and find ways to overcome their differences. It appears that that is not the case but let's hope they will do so in the future.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 09-26-2018, 11:30 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,949
Wait and See Marengo !
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 09-26-2018, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Interesting that the Archbishop thought "for decades" about Nicholas, a Swiss-born British dude just in his early thirties, and with a serious role in the monarchy for just five years. He thougt "for decades", less than 30 years after the fall of the Communist regime. Really?

The Archbishop paid lots of lip-service here.
Believe it or not - there ARE people very fond about "the dude"...!
Regarding this word, Duc: if you apparently don“t like a person (what makes me wonder why you are constantly lingering on the "Nikolae-threads"...), you can still be respectful! At least, N. is grandson of a very respected, late royal couple and an ancestor of Queen Victoria.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 09-26-2018, 01:09 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Nicolae and Alina-Maria on the cover of newest issue of romanian magazine Nunta (wedding)
"The discreet charm of the dynasty"
Exclusively at magazine Nunta, a princely love story: Nicolae al Romaniei and Alina-Maria de Roumanie with elegance and dignity
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...25&oe=5C29301B

Photos from magazine Nunta's Facebook
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Two more photos of the photoshoot Nicolae and Alina-Maria did to magazine Nunta, photos from Nunta's Facebook.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 09-26-2018, 01:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 2,149
Wow! He looks so dapper in white tie! He most definitely must have inherited the genes of his late father!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nicholas & Alina Maria de Roumanie Medforth Mills, News & Events (Jan 2018 -Current) Marengo The Royal Family of Romania 613 Yesterday 01:32 PM
Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills: Discussion, Succession, Paternity Claims Marengo The Royal Family of Romania 125 02-19-2020 01:44 PM
Engagement & Civil Marriage of Nicholas Medforth-Mills and Alina Maria Binder - 2017 Jacknch The Royal Family of Romania 75 09-08-2018 06:10 PM




Popular Tags
anastasia 2020 armstrong-jones belgian royal family bridal gown canada chittagong clarence house coronavirus countess of snowdon cover-up current events danish history denmark dna duke & duchess of cambridge; dutch history dutch royal family family tree fantasy movie future henry v hill history house of bernadotte house of glucksburg house of grimaldi house of orange-nassau interesting introduction jumma kent king philippe list of rulers lithuania marriage mbs nobel prize norwegian royal family official visit palestine popularity prince charles princely family of monaco prince of wales queen mathilde queen maud queen paola romanov family royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royal tour royalty royal wedding settings shakespeare spanish royal startling new evidence state visit stuart sweden swedish history thailand tips tracts united kingdom usa von hofmannsthal


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×