Lady Tamara Grosvenor and Edward Van Cutsem: 6 November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Surely the tiara is more likely to have been inherited as the current Duchess of Westminster is the great granddaughter of Grand Duke Michael and Sophie

I didn't like her dress, I thought it made her look older than she really is.

har said:
Surely the tiara is more likely to have been inherited as the current Duchess of Westminster is the great granddaughter of Grand Duke Michael and Sophie
The tiara is allegedly a Westminster heirloom, not a Phillips one. Faberge designed a lot of items that were fashionable throughout Europe and many of his designs ended up in British aristocratic families' hands. Considering the Tally wore at her wedding a tiara that her husband purchased for her, I wonder whether her family had any tiaras at all. Her brother committed suicide over financial difficulties, so it seems the family, despite their grand connections and country mansion, battled financial problems.

Thank you all for the pictures and the information. Charles was childish for throwing a fit and not attending, but it all backfired for him in the end. Charles and Camilla looked the fools and received the criticism.;)

Christo's Girl said:
I didn't like her dress, I thought it made her look older than she really is.
Interesting, isn't it, that for all her money, this richer-than-the-queen girl chooses a dress that's really really terrible. Whoever Bruce Oldfield is, design-wise, even I could've done a better job. The crude neckline, mink even, was way way over the top compared to the delicate buds embroidered on the dress. Those buds were placed in a terribly ugly way, on top of it. As pointed out earlier, the veil seemed to be ill fitting with the rest of the outfit. This bride is 24 evidently, if you had told me she actually is 39, i'd have believed that as well. Goes to show--money doesn't equal cool. Just cash.

I believe Bruce Oldfield designed some dresses for the princess of wales in the '80s. so he is a well established couterier.

I dont think tamara's dress is too awful. just kinda boring. and like you said, it makes her older than she is.

Bruce Oldfield is a very respected designer in the UK, even though I must admit I find his designs to be hideous. Tamara seemed to want something traditional and demure (despite the fur), but strangely, didn't go for what I would consider normal for a winter wedding (thick duchesse satin with a lovely overcoat and gown). Either way, if she liked it... though I will admit I think the bridesmaids dresses were prettier than the bride's.

pollyemma said:
I believe Bruce Oldfield designed some dresses for the princess of wales in the '80s.
ah, that explains a lot! :p

I think you're actually right the dress was more boring than hideous. On second thought, it was a tad more hideous than boring in my opinion. If only it was boring on the scale of Aimee's dress for example. Then you at least get a pretty kind of boring.

kelly9480 said:
Bruce Oldfield is a very respected designer in the UK, even though I must admit I find his designs to be hideous.
Good grief, if this particular dress channels his design talents, if I ever win the lottery I'll be sure to stay far and away from his couture concoctions! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
his website

I just don't like any of those clothes on that site. I never really liked anything he designed for Diana, and I didn't like the wedding gown and the mother-of-the-bride outfit.

kelly9480 said:
his website

I just don't like any of those clothes on that site. I never really liked anything he designed for Diana, and I didn't like the wedding gown and the mother-of-the-bride outfit.
I can't recall what he designed for Diana, but perhaps that's a good thing! :lol:

princess olga said:
I can't recall what he designed for Diana, but perhaps that's a good thing! :lol:

I think he is guilty of her 'dynasty di' look. the evening dresses with low backs and sequins and brighly colored suits with big shoulder pads and such.:mad:eeewww

How come no one cheered for the bride when she got out of the car?

Back
Top Bottom