Lady Sarah Spencer & The Honorable Neil McCorquodale

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh I wish I was a guest at just one of these royal events I think that is it for the photos for this wedding, though.

I haven't seen any pictures of Lady Jane Fellowes at the wedding. At the time she would have been pregnant...Laura Jane was born two months later.

Thank you very much for thes photos of the wedding Lady Jean.

windsorbrides1 said:
Honourable is a courtesy title given to non-peerage personages of importance - for example the Archbishop of Cantebury is known as "The Right Honourable" and Sarah Ferguson was called "The Honourable" when she became engaged to Andrew.
Are you positive about that?. I have never ever heard her referred to as "The Honourable"

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Honourable is a courtesy title given to non-peerage personages of importance - for example the Archbishop of Cantebury is known as "The Right Honourable" and Sarah Ferguson was called "The Honourable" when she became engaged to Andrew.

Sarah Ferguson was Miss Sarah Ferguson before she married. Sarah Spencer was The Honourable Sarah Spencer while her father was Viscount Althorp and became Lady Sarah Spencer when her father inherited his earldom and then Lady Sarah McCorquodale when she married. Daughters of Dukes, Marquesses, and Earls are Lady xxxx; daughters of viscounts and barons are The Honourable xxx.

High Court judges are given the title The Honourable, as are certain other groups of people:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Honourable

Right Honourable is conferred on members of the Privy Council, which includes all members of the Cabinet, so all Cabinet ministers are referred to formally with The Right Honourable as a prefix before their names. As a member of the Privy Council, the Archbishop of Canterbury also is The Right Honourable. It's also a title given to barons, viscounts, and earls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_Honourable

Thank you Elspeth for clearing up that point.:)

Scott

:( I wish we had a better picture of the spencer tiara, it looks so lovely.

Photo: IPC Magazines, Ltd. "Royal Wedding: A Celebration for the Marriage of Prince Charles to Lady Diana Spencer."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom