Lady Melissa Percy and Thomas van Straubenzee, June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Harry who? Carefree Chelsy Davy arrives at Alnwick Castle to rehearse maid of honour duties for tomorrow's society wedding... and her Royal ex is coming too:
Chelsy Davy arrives at Alnwick Castle Northumberland for Lady Melissa Percy wedding - Prince Harry arrives tomorrow with Cressida Bonas | Mail Online

I'm just guessing the posts about the Percy & Staubenzee wedding will be on this forum.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 56m
St Michael's Church in Alnwick gets ready for society wedding of the year where Princes William & Harry are expected. pic.twitter.com/qgSf7bA11y

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 1m
Alnwick Castle what a setting for Melissa Percy & Tom van Straubenzee's wedding. Harry Potter magic and all. pic.twitter.com/EnMIWY0DF5

Video:
The wedding route-
http://www.northumberlandgazette.co.uk/news/local-news/video-the-wedding-route-1-5791949

"The Gazette has been told that guests have to be seated by 4pm and the wedding will take place at 5pm."

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to see the pictures from this.

(Surprised Prince Charles isn't a guest; he is supposed to be BFF with the Duchess).

Thank You for the information.
Are they supposed to broadcast church ceremony?
Interesting, as I don't remember live coverage of her eldest sister's wedding.

Its a local newspaper, so it will just be a running commentary of the comings and goings, plus pix.

EDIT
Take it back, they are running a video but I really will be surprised if they are allowed in the church during the service.

PopLarkin Paul Larkin 2m
Prince William going into the Treehouse for a bite to eat ahead of #alnwickwedding pic.twitter.com/PeNe6gL9Vt

Picture is blurry but there is William smiling away.

Video:
ALNWICK WEDDING – Proclamation by Alnwick’s Common Bellman-
http://www.northumberlandgazette.co...amation-by-alnwick-s-common-bellman-1-5792004

Video:
Prince William and Groomsmen at Alnwick Treehouse-
http://www.northumberlandgazette.co...-and-groomsmen-at-alnwick-treehouse-1-5792013

Nice hello from William.

Last edited:
alnwickgazette Northumberland Gaz 32s
The bridal party #alnwickwedding pic.twitter.com/fM6WYLRHY8

Ready for a Royal rave-up: Prince William and Harry’s friend prepares to tie the knot with Duke of Northumberland’s daughter at society wedding (…but heavily-pregnant Kate is forced to miss it)-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-Kate-forced-miss-it.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

PopLarkin Paul Larkin 18s
Princess Beatrice at #alnwickwedding pic.twitter.com/yLVCH24TpI

alnwickgazette Northumberland Gaz 19s
The rain waited for the bride to go in #alnwickwedding pic.twitter.com/Syz1JtU8uT

alnwickgazette Northumberland Gaz 2m
Lady Melissa and the Duke of Northumberland #alnwickwedding pic.twitter.com/W9iOpQYPmV

A beautiful and noble bride Melissa has made.

presspicJane Jane Coltman 2m
Lady Melissa and her daddy #alnwickwedding pic.twitter.com/XMfBD84nch

alnwickgazette Northumberland Gaz 2m
The Duchess of Northumberland #alnwickwedding pic.twitter.com/glrIn22JYf

Yes, indeed, Melissa is like coming from another romanticised epoch.
Even though, I like more her sister as a bride. Melissa is proud daughter of her father, she just can't stop being overwhelmed by emotions.

I like that it's such a community event. They try to make sure that everyone enjoy the wedding day. Instead of having everything so private that the people outside can't see anything.

ciamby25 Kirsty Young 1m
Expecting rain? #alnwickwedding pic.twitter.com/KKFC4H1nVa

You've got to be prepared for the English weather.

alnwickgazette Northumberland Gaz 22s
The bride and groom #alnwickwedding pic.twitter.com/cEinZ6x9Cp

alnwickgazette Northumberland Gaz 59m
Lady Melissa and the Duke of Northumberland #alnwickwedding pic.twitter.com/W9iOpQYPmV

Pictures:
Pippa Middleton & Chelsy Davy-
http://royaltyandmore.tumblr.com/post/53606195467#

Close Up Picture of Chelsy Davy:
http://misshonoriaglossop.tumblr.com/image/53605904136

Congratulations to the couple!
Lady Melissa looked lovely. The tiara is magnificent.

Congratulations to the couple!
Lady Melissa looked lovely. The tiara is magnificent.

i agree - do we know the provenance of this tiara. It is different than the one her sister wore on her wedding day. However the necklace is the same.

A very nice piece.

A very nice piece.

I don't like it; it overwhelms Melissa!

She would have looked better in a more delicate tiara.

Love the children's costumes, but the adult bridesmaids' dresses are not very attractive, imo.

she needed bigger hair

Yeah, I think the tiara is too big for Melissa. Something smaller would have looked so much better. I also agree about the bridesmaids dresses. I don't like the color or the style.

The tiara is too big for her and the veil is placed awkwardly. The dress is pretty though.

Is it me or is her tiara different than her sister's when she got married? This looks like the bigger one..

I am willing to bet that this is on of those uncomfortable to wear tiaras. Heavy, round, not flexible. I give her credit!

Yes, it looks like it weighs a ton!
I bet she had a splitting headache by the end of the ceremony.

Just reviewed her sister's tiara from a couple of years ago. So the Duchess of Northumberland has TWO tiaras to choose from. I LIVE!! :)

Just reviewed her sister's tiara from a couple of years ago. So the Duchess of Northumberland has TWO tiaras to choose from. I LIVE!! :)

And the had a third one in coronet stlye (like Queen Fabiola#s spanish tiara) whoc was considered the biggest, but it was stolen in the 1960's. At the coronation of Queen Elizabeth Ii. in 1953 the then Dowager Duchess wore the coronet tiara and her her daughter-in-law the then Duchess (mother of the present Duke) the one worn by Melissa.

That is one humdinger of a tiara on Lady Melissa's head and I agree that it overwhelms her. It should have either been positioned farther back on her head, or nestled in a fuller hairstyle. While this is gorgeous, I liked her sister's wedding tiara better for the delicacy and proportion, although she wore it tilted.

But I will not quibble over the magnificence of the tiara, at all! That looks like something you'd see in a medieval painting or a royal effigy.

Last edited:
I wonder if the positioning of Lady Melissa's tiara was to emulate an ancestral portrait of this same tiara. I always thought her sister had worn her tiara slightly askew until I saw this portrait of a previous duchess of Northumberland and then bought maybe it was intentional.

Attachments

• image-3039997627.jpg
    image-3039997627.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 435
Back
Top Bottom