Lady Kitty Spencer and Michael Lewis: July 24, 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: The article expresses uncertainty that the bride's father Earl Spencer attended his daughter's wedding...?:ermm:

I hope we get a picture of the dress! Hopefully the fashion house who designed it will share a drawing or photo, I’m guessing it’ll be Dolce and Gabanna.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful wedding gown. Lady Kitty looked spectacular! :flowers:

Congratulation to the newly wed couple!

Beautiful wedding gown. Lady Kitty looked spectacular! :flowers:

Congratulation to the newly wed couple!

She's a beautiful woman.
Still, she is marrying a man twice her age...hope it works out.

Quite a dramatic dress. It suits her though.

My goodness Lord Edmund Spencer is certainly very dashing! The Spencer family has a very good gene pool!

I wonder why her father wasn’t present to give her away?

My goodness Lord Edmund Spencer is certainly very dashing! The Spencer family has a very good gene pool!

I wonder why her father wasn’t present to give her away?

According to Twitter it is not Edmund who would the Hon. Edmund Spencer not Lord but a half-brother from her mother’s second marriage.

Her father was absent and no Spencer tiara? Curious.:ermm:

Congratulations to them.

Seems all the society brides wear different variations of Grace Kelly's wedding dress.:queen4:

Congratulations to the couple.

She looks beautiful! The dress is to die for! I saw a video with other dresses but just small pics. Wonder why not her father walked her down the aisle? No her mother either present? and no tiara?
Hope to see more photos, also I was thinking what oug her cousins William and harry , non of them either?

I liked the gown in the black and white but up close in colour the bodice with the visible bra/corset really wasn't for me. It certainly is spectacular though and the skirt was great and I hope she had a great day.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRwNC3Klnf9/

It will be interesting to know if her father attended. Especially as her brothers walked her down the aisle.

Last edited:
Lady Kitty looks amazing!

Congratulations to the newlyweds!

Not sure if it's the gown I would wear for a wedding in Italy at the height of summer, but it is beautiful indeed.

I've lost count of the number of aristocratic and Royal brides who took inspiration from Grace Kelly as a bride. When i saw Kitty's high neck, long sleeves and buttons down the bodice PRINCESS GRACE was the first name that came to mind.

As the eldest of the Earl's daughters i was almost certain that Kitty would wear the Spencer Tiara...surprised she didn't.

How lovely that her two brothers led her to the altar.?

Last edited:
I am surprised she chose to not get married at Althrop. Would have been a great setting for a family wedding.

I am surprised she chose to not get married at Althrop. Would have been a great setting for a family wedding.

Wouldn't she have required her father's permission to marry at Althorp (or to use the Spencer tiara)?

Absolutely breath taking bride and the dress is to die for?

Now *this* is a happy occasion to "spot" Lady Kitty! I think her dress is absolutely gorgeous

There are now rumours going around that Earl Spencer doesn't support the relationship. Based on the fact that he appears not to have been at the wedding and posted pictures of Althorp yesterday with no mention of the wedding.

That might partly explain her not being married there and the lack of Spencer tiara. Of course that is all complete conjecture at this point and there may be many other reasons he isn't there like COVID etc.

:previous: Well...the Earl's new son-in-law is older than he is.:ohmy:

I don't know if the rumor is true but I can understand Charles Spencer's concerns if he has them. In ten years his barely 40 year old daughter will have a husband who is over 70. What are the chances of their children ( if they choose to have them) enjoying a meaningful relationship with their father?

They say age is just a number so we will see. On the plus side, Lady Kitty's financial security and that of her children is assured.:cool:

Last edited:
Terrible wedding dress imho. It's is both to busy, see through and those shoulders?!

However, it's her wedding day, so my opinion is irrelevant. Hope her more than twice as old bridegroom liked it.

:previous: Well...the Earl's new son-in-law is older than he is.:ohmy:

I don't know if the rumor is true but I can understand Charles Spencer's concerns if he has them. In ten years his barely 40 year old daughter will have a husband who is over 70. What are the chances of their children ( if they choose to have them) enjoying a meaningful relationship with their father?

They say age is just a number so we will see. On the plus side, Lady Kitty's financial security and that of her children is assured.:cool:

His three children are apparently in their 30s so older than their new stepmother. And it isn't a given that men in their 60s are able to father children (of course it is never a given but while men remain fertile longer than women being in your 60s is getting on the older side).

Last edited by a moderator:
On closer inspection I am not in love with either the bustier or the puff sleeves...I read somewhere that puffed bridal gown sleeves became the new thing after Princess Beatrice wore them last summer. But Beatrice's sleeves were short and I absolutely loved the look on her gown.

Would I want to wear a gown like Kitty's for a high summer wedding in Italy? No... but I still think the overall effect was beautiful.

Last edited:
There are now rumours going around that Earl Spencer doesn't support the relationship. Based on the fact that he appears not to have been at the wedding and posted pictures of Althorp yesterday with no mention of the wedding.

That might partly explain her not being married there and the lack of Spencer tiara. Of course that is all complete conjecture at this point and there may be many other reasons he isn't there like COVID etc.

You may well be right, and perhaps this union does not have the undiluted blessing of the father of the bride.

I don't really get the weird shoulders, but each to their own.

There are travel restrictions in place between the UK and Italy, so anyone attending would have had to self-isolate for a while at both ends, but it's hardly as if Earl Spencer's got to rush back to work or risk not getting paid. OK, he's probably not too thrilled that his little girl's marrying a man more than twice her age, but it's Kitty's choice, and they've been together for a while so it's not as if she's rushed into it without thinking. If he wasn't there because he doesn't approve, that's a great shame.

I still think it's a bit weird getting married abroad under the circumstances, though. Not everyone can take time out to self-isolate, there's the risk of testing positive and not being able to get home until you test negative, and a lot of people are nervous about flying because of the risk of transmission. But, again, each to their own!

Dolce & Gabbana has released three posts (one already shown on this thread) of Lady Kitty Spencer on her wedding day.

@dolcegabbana Verified
@kitty.spencer chose to wear Dolce&Gabbana on the most important day of her life.

For this unique event, #DolceGabbana created a number of exclusive hand-made gowns, each celebrating the beauty of the bride, the passion for #AltaModa and the absolute joy of the occasion.

#DGCelebs #DGFattoAMano
8h​
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRwDqpeKjX-/

@dolcegabbana Verified
A glimpse at the #AltaModa gowns created exclusively by Dolce&Gabbana for @kitty.spencer on the most important day of her life.

The looks include a Victorian inspiration lace bridal gown.

Picture by @germanlarkin

#DGCelebs #DGFattoAMano
7h​
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRwK4gnNd-H/

@dolcegabbana Verified
A glimpse at the #AltaModa gowns created exclusively by Dolce&Gabbana for @kitty.spencer on the most important day of her life.

The looks included an illusion baby-blue tulle gown and cape embroidered with cross-stitched flowers.

Picture by @germanlarkin

#DGCelebs #DGFattoAMano
2h​
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRwthBttt0B/

Back
Top Bottom