Lady Kitty Spencer and Michael Lewis: July 24, 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I started thinking about other men of about that age and decided that some 60 year old men are pretty attractive!

Jerry Seinfeld..Hugh Grant..Colin Firth...King Philippe..Stanley Tucci...Greg Louganis..Antonio Banderas (among many others). So I can understand if a person is attractive, suave, and accomplished, the 30 year difference doesn’t matter; you can fall in love pretty easily. I hope they can live happily ever after.

Well... yes a man of 60 can certainly be attractive. But only marrying someone because he is attractive??? bad choice.
I read somewhere that he is 5 years older than her father.. I am sorry but it just doesn't seem right to me... I hope my daughter does not marry someone who is 5 years older than her dad. :ohmy:

Well... yes a man of 60 can certainly be attractive. But only marrying someone because he is attractive??? bad choice.
I read somewhere that he is 5 years older than her father.. I am sorry but it just doesn't seem right to me... I hope my daughter does not marry someone who is 5 years older than her dad. :ohmy:

“Attractive, suave, and accomplished”. No person is going to fall in love with someone who is rough, scruffy, and hardscrabble! The hard part is staying in love over a long marriage, and the 30 year age gap makes it harder.

Has any explanation come forth anywhere about why Lady Kitty’s mother Victoria wasn’t present at the wedding?

According to the DM, she was there. She went to lunch with the bride and both her twin sisters the day before the wedding.

“Attractive, suave, and accomplished”. No person is going to fall in love with someone who is rough, scruffy, and hardscrabble! The hard part is staying in love over a long marriage, and the 30 year age gap makes it harder.

Actually there *are* persons who fall for just that. I wouldn't put someone in a box that easily.

I do very much agree with the last part - whether it is going to work.....30 years means you are in totally different life stages.
It makes me shudder.

When I try to wrap my mind around the idea that when Kitty was a 7 year old just entering school her future groom was approaching 40...yeah.

I shudder as well.:eek:

But as someone who has read a lot of Spencer family history....they put the "d" in dysfunctional. It didn't just begin with Kitty's generation or her father's, or even her grandfather. They are just the opposite of united and loving going back hundreds of years.

Kitty and her siblings grew up with every creature comfort as children of a wealthy peer with Royal cousins. I don't think she married this man necessarily for money-even though that doesn't hurt. My guess is that he represents stability as well. She told Town & Country that she is looking to create a "happy family with happy children"... that pretty much says it all imo.

Speaking of the Town and County interview Lady Kitty also said that she can't imagine why anyone cares about her personal life and that ultimately it is "no ones business".

And she is quite right. As strange as I find the whole business, good luck to her.:sad:

On the one hand it's no one's business but theirs and their family and friends.

On the other she's giving interviews about it and D&G are releasing photos and footage and she and her sisters have given other interviews to magazines about their personal thoughts and lives. So they do know and use that public interest in them to a certain extent. If she had wanted a totally private/secret wedding she probably could have had one (think about Bea's last year), especially with various COVID restrictions.

That said, I do hope they're very happy together.

ICAM but even though she seems eager to promote D&G by having an OTT Italian wedding showcasing their rather theatrical designs, she steadfastly refuses to discuss Michael Lewis or their relationship.

Other than expressing the desire for children and a happy marriage, she shut the interviewer down when he attempted to discuss her fiance.

Take this article with a grain of salt (it is the Daily Mail) but apparently there is a cooling in relations between Lady Kitty and her Father. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ughter-Lady-Kitty-Spencer-cooled-distant.html

Also, I love the wedding dress except for the lack of modesty on the front. If there were more modesty on the front bodice, it would be perfect to me.

Last edited:
When I try to wrap my mind around the idea that when Kitty was a 7 year old just entering school her future groom was approaching 40...yeah.

I shudder as well.:eek:

But as someone who has read a lot of Spencer family history....they put the "d" in dysfunctional. It didn't just begin with Kitty's generation or her father's, or even her grandfather. They are just the opposite of united and loving going back hundreds of years.

Kitty and her siblings grew up with every creature comfort as children of a wealthy peer with Royal cousins. I don't think she married this man necessarily for money-even though that doesn't hurt. My guess is that he represents stability as well. She told Town & Country that she is looking to create a "happy family with happy children"... that pretty much says it all imo.

Speaking of the Town and County interview Lady Kitty also said that she can't imagine why anyone cares about her personal life and that ultimately it is "no ones business".

And she is quite right. As strange as I find the whole business, good luck to her.:sad:

I don’t think she’d have looked twice at him if he were poor, or even middle class, but it can’t be entirely about the money, either. Kitty is attractive, the daughter of an Earl, and closely related to the future King. To be blunt, someone in her position would have plenty of interest from well off men closer to her own age.

I think you’re spot on in suspecting he provides a kind of stability that may have been lacking in her earlier life. Whether that will be enough when she’s still a relatively attractive and energetic 40 year old mother of one or two young children and he’s 70 and really starting to slow down, who knows?

I don’t think Kitty and her siblings from Charles Spencer’s first marriage had an easy time of it growing up. For that reason alone I hope that she’s able to create the happy family she desires, whatever that looks like to her.

I hope it works out for her. And it's nice that her three stepchildren were all there - I don't suppose they're very pleased that their dad has married someone younger than they are, but at least they've made an effort.

Even if Earl Spencer genuinely couldn't go because of Covid worries or other reasons, he could have posted congratulations on the Althorp social media site: that wouldn't have hurt. It's not as if there's anything "wrong" with Michael Lewis - OK, he's twice Kitty's age, but it's not like he's a bank robber or anything!

Last edited:
Will Lady Kitty now be known as Lady Katherine (Kitty) Lewis except for her profession she would be known as Lady Kitty Spencer?

Is any photo of his kids ?
This was a civil union? or a combine religion?
Her father might have several reasons, one could be the age difference the other religion, or just simple she does not have a relation with her father at all.
I have the same age difference with my husband and I remember him telling me this when he proposed to me making a point of the difference of age and when you are in love you do not think. We are 25 years married and it had been very challenging. I have the first 5 years being like a fairy tale but after that it had been difficult, our daughter had suffer that too, he had been more a grandfather for her than a father and her education had been difficult because of that. Now he has Alzheimer and dementia but before we got him diagnosed and medicated I had a terrible time and now still not easy he is not the person I married he is long gone. Also I got married in a castle in a fairy tale wedding but married life was far from fairy tale. The difference she has that they are very well off with money so she can have help which that would be a great deal when arrives the time.

@ladongas

As ABBA said:

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world

:)

I hope she is gloriously happy with her older man and I hope her parents accept the situation so they can have a clise relation with potential grandchildren if nothing else.

In the immortal (and prescient, as it turned out) words of Princess Grace when her daughter Caroline married Philippe Junot in 1978...

"...at least her second marriage will be a happy one".:cool:

I wonder if they will have a reception in the UK at a later date?

Some source said that her Mother was there ?

Yes, her mother was there. The Daily Mail found pictures of her mother posted by Kitty's sister Eliza on Instagram.

Great that her mother did come to her wedding! And this is the parent that she was mainly raised by, so good ?

Yes, her mother was there. The Daily Mail found pictures of her mother posted by Kitty's sister Eliza on Instagram.

Great that her mother did come to her wedding! And this is the parent that she was mainly raised by, so good ?

Yes I'm glad too that one of her parents was present at the Wedding.

What a beautiful area for a honeymoon :previous:

Did Diana's Mother wear the tiara ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom