HSH Prince Ferdinand of Lippe-Weissenfeld & HRH Princess Auguste of Bavaria June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amedea

Courtier
City
TORINO
Country
Italy
HSH Prince Ferdinand of Lippe-Weissenfeld & HRH Princess Auguste of Bavaria June 2010

Few days ago princess Auguste of Bavaria married at Kloster Andechs prince Ferdinand zu Lippe-Weissenfeld. Any photos or details of the event?

The original article in Bild:

Eine Glückstaube für das Brautpaar: Prinzessin Auguste von Bayern heiratet Ferdinand Prinz zu Lippe - München - München - Bild.de

The wedding was also attended by Duke Franz of Bavaria, Duke Max and Duchess Elisabeth in Bavaria, Princess Elisabeth and Daniel Terberger, Prince Leopold an Princess of Bavaria, Prince Emich and Princess Isabelle of Leiningen.

And according to Marlene's article other guests were: Princess Irmingard of Bavaria, princess Editha of Bavaria, the Duchesses of Croy and Aremberg, Duchess Helene in Bavaria, Duke Friedrich of Wurttemberg, Princes Rasso, Christoph (& wives & children), Archduke Georg and Archduchess Eilika, Duchess Tatiana of Oldenburg & Axel de Chavagnac, Prince Stephan and Princess Maria of Lippe (& daughters), prince Alexander and princess Gisela of Saxony .

The night before the wedding there was a party in schloss Kaltenberg, while the wedding reception took place in the garden of Schloss Leutstetten.

Funny anecdote: in the rush pincess Auguste forgot her wedding bouqet, and she entered the church with one white rose. The flowers were later brought to church in a limousine.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that there seems some tendency of children from morganatic/not noble parents (either mother or father) to marry into nobility again. Auguste and Alice f.i. have a non noble mother (Beatrix Wiegand) and now married both noble and that goes also for the daughter of Princess Kira from Prussia (with a non noble father) who married Prince Andreas von Bismarck. IMO a tendency I recommend....:whistling:

Also a distant relative of the bride, prince Manuel of Bavaria, born before his parents marriage, a marriage that anyway has been considered morganatic until 1999, married a princess von Sayn-Wittgenstein.

daughter of Princess Kira from Prussia (with a non noble father) who married Prince Andreas von Bismarck. IMO a tendency I recommend....:whistling:

He is not a Prince and is not from the Bismarck-Schoenhausen branch,but from the other Bismarck branch of the family that still belongs to the untitled nobility...

I find it interesting that there seems some tendency of children from morganatic/not noble parents (either mother or father) to marry into nobility again. Auguste and Alice f.i. have a non noble mother (Beatrix Wiegand) and now married both noble and that goes also for the daughter of Princess Kira from Prussia (with a non noble father) who married Prince Andreas von Bismarck. IMO a tendency I recommend....:whistling:

There is also one more example...Prince Stephan zur Lippe-Biesterfeld is also from morganatic marriage and married equal to Countess Maria zu Solms-Laubach...

There is also one more example...Prince Stephan zur Lippe-Biesterfeld is also from morganatic marriage and married equal to Countess Maria zu Solms-Laubach...

I don't think his parents' marriage was morganatic, I just think his mother was a commoner.

Btw, I remember more photos from the wedding of Auguste's sister, Alice. Why this time there has been just one? It makes me wonder how much the house of Bavaria is popular between common people.

I guess that, strictly speaking, Prince Max, Duke in Bavaria, contracted an unequal (i.e., morganatic) marriage with Countess Elisabeth Douglas. Her family belongs to the Swedish aristocracy but does not have royal rank, and therefore the marriage did not conform to the principle of Ebenburtigkeit, which was prevalent both in Germany and Scandinavia. Two of Prince Max and Countess Elisabeth's daughters, however, have married into royal or reigning families: first, Marie-Caroline married Duke Philip of Wurttemberg, and then Sophie (who is the eldest daughter and therefore heir to the Jacobite claim to the thrones of England and Scotland) married Hereditary Prince Alois of Liechtenstein.

Also Max's father, Duke Albrecht of Bavaria, contracted a marriage that was in first instance considered morganatic (to Countess Maria Draskovich of Trakostjan in 1930), but 19 years later Albrecht's father Crown Prince Rupprecht officially recognized the marriage as dynastic.

Also Max's father, Duke Albrecht of Bavaria, contracted a marriage that was in first instance considered morganatic (to Countess Maria Draskovich of Trakostjan in 1930), but 19 years later Albrecht's father Crown Prince Rupprecht officially recognized the marriage as dynastic.

The most interesting thing about that marriage was that the Countess Maria was descended from the Empress Marie-Louise, second wife of the Emperor Napoleon I, through Marie-Louise's lover/second husband.

The daughters of Prince and Princess Stephan zur Lippe were the flower girls.

Back
Top Bottom