HSH Erbprinz Christian zu Solms-Hohensolms-Lich and Countess Christina Douglas, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MAfan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
N/A
Country
Italy
Hereditary Prince Christian zu Solms-Hohensolms-Lich and Countess Christina Douglas married in a religious cerimony in Lich on Saturday, 5 September 2009. They had previously married in a civil cerimony in Vienna on 13 December 2008.
The religious marriage took place on the first birthday of their son Louis, born on 5 September 2008.

The Prince was born in 1975, and is the eldest son and heir of Furst Philipp-Reinhard zu Solms-Hohensolms-Lich and his wife Furstin Marie, née Fouché d'Otrante.
The Princess was born in 1973, daughter of Count Patrick Douglas and his wife Countess Alexandra, née Freiin von Berlichingen.

Pictures of the religious wedding are in this site (royaltyguide.nl).

hi mafan.....
your blogs are very good "keep up the good work".
but i would had liked to know how countess christina is related to elizabeth, the wife of max emanual, duke in bavaria and her sister rosita who married the 11th duke of marlborough....... i guess christina may be the niece of the adove ?.....:)

:previous:
From RootsWeb: GEN-NORDIC-L Swedish Counts Douglas

Ludwig, Count Douglas (1849-1916)
married Anna, Countess Ehrensvrd (1855-1930; issue incl:

+ Carl Robert, Count Douglas (d 1955)
married Sophia de Fine Blaauw (d 1971; issue incl:
++ Ludwig, Count Douglas (d 1979)
married Anne-Marie Staehelin (d 1941); issue incl:
+++ Patrick, Count Douglas (1939- )
married 1967 Alexandra, Baroness of Berlichingen (1941- ); issue incl:
++++
Christina (1973- )
married 2009 HSH Erbprinz Christian zu Solms-Hohensolms-Lich

+ Generalljtnant Wilhelm, Count Douglas (d 1960)
married Astri Henschen (d 1976); issue incl:

++ Carl Ludvig, Count Douglas (d 1961)
married 1935 Ottoria Haas Heye (1910- ); issue incl:
+++ Elisabeth, Countess Douglas (1940- )
married 1967 HRH Max Emanuel, Duke in Bavaria (1937- ), son of Albrecht, Duke of Bavaria
+++ Rosita, Countess Douglas (1943- )
married 1972 John Spencer Churchill, 11th Duke of Marlborough (1926- ), son of John, 10th Duke of Marlborough

:previous:
thanks warren.... christina's father is the second cousin to the two duchesses in question....i think ?

Exactly, Christina is a second cousin once removed of the Duchess in Bavaria and of Rosita Spencer-Churchill.

My photos from Lich and a Report can be found here

Last edited:
Thank you for magnificent report and great pictures, Stefan! :flowers:
It was very nice of Fürstin Gabriela to let you take her picture: she's one wonderful lady for sure. :)

The religious ceremony was performed by Pastors Sven Kiessling and Adelheid Groten. Pastor Groten confirmed Countess Christina.

Back
Top Bottom