HRH Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Tatiana Blatnik: August 25, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Absolutely, yes. Through her current marriage, princess Caroline of Monaco and King Constantine are first cousins.

CORRECT! Nevertheless, considering the actual "strange" situation of her marriage with Prince EA, I would be astonished if Caroline attended alone without EA!
And she didn't

I'm sorry for being late to the game but did any of the British royals attend?

The Countess of wessex?

Nope, Prince Michael, Princess Michael of Kent and Lady Gabriella Windsor.

However, some people have said that it was a family occasion and that those who attended were family members. Well, this is not true. It is crystal-clear that it was not just a family occasion and that there were "vocal" absences.

Well the majority of people who attended the wedding, were family members so it was mainly a family wedding?

And what "vocal" absences?

And what "vocal" absences?

I would say
- Prince Michael of Greece, or at least his wife or one of his daughters!
- Prince Charles, or anyone of his siblings. Personnally I never expected the Queen, it is normal that she would not go, she never goes abroad for such events.
- Prince EA (alone)

Certainly one of the Grimadis could have attended . I do not buy this thing that PA was supporting his niece's diving efforts to pass by the wedding of a royal he may need at his wedding next year.And this wedding has the hooks in it for bringing to it people for the other weddings.- the Spanish contingent as Sofia is sister to Constantine and it was the only royal wedding in this modern era that I recall on a Greek Isle. How beautiful is that?A once in a lifetime chance ..............

I do not buy this thing that PA was supporting his niece's diving efforts to pass by the wedding of a royal he may need at his wedding next year.

Albert needs no one at his wedding except his family, his fiancee and a priest.

Is Prince Albert any relation to Nikoloas, have they ever met?
He is supporting his neice at one of the biggest events of her life.
Prince Frederik, Nikolaos' own cousin, did not attend the wedding because he was in Singapore for two days.

The photos are fantastic! Are there no videos?

Is it true that at the Royal Greek weddings the bride and groom don't say I do. I heard something about this and that's why Pavlos and Marie Chantal had to register the wedding after their honeymoon.

Is it true that at the Royal Greek weddings the bride and groom don't say I do. I heard something about this and that's why Pavlos and Marie Chantal had to register the wedding after their honeymoon.

In Greek religious wedding bride and groom do not tyalk at all, but they sign their acceptance immediately after the ceremony, so the ceremony is legally valid.

Looking at Tatiana in some photos she resembles the young Robin Wright Penn. Facially, speaking of course. What do you think. I think she looks like the actress during the Princess Bride era. What is Tatiana's official title? HRH Princess Nikolaos of Greece?

The Wedding Dress looks like a cross between Princess Marie of Denmark's and Autumn Kelly's.

The Wedding Dress looks like a cross between Princess Marie of Denmark's and Autumn Kelly's.

Well this was Marie's dress
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/Joachim/wedding08/novia-padrino1a.jpg

Looks like a taffeta skirt, with a elbow length lace belero and the same lace covering the top part of the dress.

and this was Autumn's
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_04/PhillipsMOS_468x609.jpg

A silk skirt, very small belero, a silk strip around her waist and some kind of pattern on the top part of her dress.

Tatiana had a floor length straight dress, made from lace with very little pattern on the top half of the dress.
Yes she does have a small belero that matches what Marie had.

I don't think it's a "cross" at all, Marie and Autumn's dresses were similar yes.

Looking at Tatiana in some photos she resembles the young Robin Wright Penn. Facially, speaking of course. What do you think. I think she looks like the actress during the Princess Bride era. What is Tatiana's official title? HRH Princess Nikolaos of Greece?

I absolutely agree about Tatiana's resemblance to a younger Robin Wright! :)

:previous: Yes she does. Actually Tatiana looks just like her mother.

I would say
- Prince Michael of Greece, or at least his wife or one of his daughters!
Prince Michael was there with Marina -I don't know about their daughters. I saw a photo of them a couple of days ago in last Sunday's "ΘΕΜΑ" newspaper edition - but I don't remember if it was in the actual newspaper or in the magazine.

I noticed that Tatiana was not wearing a small cross that Queen Anne Marie even wore at her wedding having accepted Orthodoxy.Intsead she chose that heavy jewellery juxtaposed against the delicacy of the gown.
May they live long and prosper.

Well is anyone from the BRF, the duchy or Monaco related to the Greek Royals?
If they aren't, I'm not surprised that they didn't come.
Farah Diba - a distinctive royal presence- is not related and she attended and did not attend the Swedish nuptuals.Prince Phillip of course was a Greek Prince once how we do forget. He could have sent somebody as his proxy.

Farah Diba - a distinctive royal presence- is not related and she attended and did not attend the Swedish nuptuals.Prince Phillip of course was a Greek Prince once how we do forget. He could have sent somebody as his proxy.

I've been told, but this wedding was mainly a family event.
Why does he have to "send" someone, why can't people attend this wedding of their own accord instead of being sent as a representative.

I've been told, but this wedding was mainly a family event.
Why does he have to "send" someone, why can't people attend this wedding of their own accord instead of being sent as a representative.
How do you or anybody else for that matter know that this was a 'family' wedding? Was it published anywhere?Where is the link to this statement circulated throughout the forum for days now.
Why do you ask me this question about proxies and not him?
I have no idea what this has to do with his own accord as if there was one and at ninety- perhaps he could send someone as his proxy due to the idea of travel in the summer heat and being unable to do so himself.

^^^^ Well considering they chose a church that can only hold 80 people when there are larger churches on the Island, and really only had close friends and some Royalty I would say it's a family wedding. Also compare it to Pavlos or Alexias then you will see it was definitely a family/private wedding.

it was the perfect wedding. and i was very lucky as i was on vacations and a business friend of mine invited me to spetses. we have seen them all, it was amazing. tatiana waved to me and i will never forget these days.

gregory

it was the perfect wedding. and i was very lucky as i was on vacations and a business friend of mine invited me to spetses. we have seen them all, it was amazing. tatiana waved to me and i will never forget these days.

gregory

Aww! I'm so jealous I never got to see a royal wedding up close! & this one seems like the perfect one b/c there wasn't like thousands of people, Glad you had fun!

It did indeed appear to be a perfect Royal wedding...excellent mix of formality and fun..solemn, grand and yet casually elegant from beginning to end.

It was different from Victoria and Daniel's, but every bit as perfect and romantic. :flowers:

This has been the summer for grand romantic weddings, I have LOVED it!

I agree the wedding of victoria and daniel was more pomp and this wedding is more low key, yet still aroyal wedding. The bride and groom looks vey happy together. carmen jones

Last edited:
I agree victoria and daniel wedding is more pomp, this wedding is more a private affair, but still aroyal wedding

The wedding of Viktoria and Daniel was a state affair. And that was decided not by the couple but by the governement. Thus it was an official ceremony with clear protocoll and it would also have been clear who was invited and that some Royal house who could not attend would send a proxy, otherwise they would not just be offensive to the couple but to the swedish people as well. The wedding at of Tatjana and Nikolaos was a private affair with very loose protocoll (remember the Arielles!) and people invited could come or not. It had the feeling of a great party for everybody I found when looking at the pictures. And probably security was less than on state affairs.

Back
Top Bottom