HRH Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Tatiana Blatnik: August 25, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that this was a family affair and the bridal couple picked people that they knew and who they were close to. Let's face it and not to be mean but rather realistic....the Greek Royal family is non reigning, the groom is the 2nd son and 3rd child.

The greek and the british royal families ARE very close, as we could watch in the past over and over again (even the men hugging and kissing each other on the cheeks when they meet!), so it IS quite surprising that none of Elizabeth´s children or grandchildren (Godsons or godfathers themselves to greek Royalty) turned up! The brit. royal family also attended Prcss. Alexias wedding, who´s even behind Nikolaos in the (not in reality existing!) greek line of succession - so that couldn´t be the reason for their absence either.

Security reasons seem more probable to me.

This may sound silly but why is she styled "Princess Nikoloas"?

Because she is not a Princess in her own right, she is the wife of a Prince.

Like i've said before the Brit Royals only attended the wedding of Pavlos and Alexia because they were in London, I knew no one would attend, maybe Edward and Sophie. It is a shame that Charles didn't come.
They are finding excuses because they don't want to say "They didn't want to"

What colours are wearing Theodora, Gabriella and Marie? They look quite white, and that so unfair to the bride to wear white at a wedding!! Everybody know that!
Marie Chantal could do much better, but at least she has her arms covered and, if I understood correctly, that's important for the Orthodox church.
I'm wondering if we'll ever see pictures of the ceremony inside the church.
Some details were not well organized for the cameras: it was difficult to see the guests and the wedding planners were too visible.
And I have to express again the horror that I feel for those blue dressed "bridesmaids". That can't be Tatiana's choice!

The bride and groom look very much in love with themselves, whereas Victoria and Daniel on their wedding looked very much in love with each other:lol:.
Letizias dress is gorgeous, as is her husband. And I do like the bold and carefree way of dressing that Infanta Elena has adopted. It makes her look softer.

What colours are wearing Theodora, Gabriella and Marie? They look quite white, and that so unfair to the bride to wear white at a wedding!! Everybody know that!
Marie Chantal could do much better, but at least she has her arms covered and, if I understood correctly, that's important for the Orthodox church.
I'm wondering if we'll ever see pictures of the ceremony inside the church.

I haven't seen Gabriella yet but Marie's dress look yellow or beige. Theodora's looks white.

Marie is wearing cream, Gabriella is wearing IMO a very light shade of grey. Princess Theodora is wearing white I think.

I think that this was a family affair and the bridal couple picked people that they knew and who they were close to. Let's face it and not to be mean but rather realistic....the Greek Royal family is non reigning, the groom is the 2nd son and 3rd child.

The greek and the british royal families ARE very close, as we could watch in the past over and over again (even the men hugging and kissing each other on the cheeks when they meet!), so it IS quite surprising that none of Elizabeth´s children or grandchildren (Godsons or godfathers themselves to greek Royalty) turned up! The brit. royal family also attended Prcss. Alexias wedding, who´s even behind Nikolaos in the (not in reality existing!) greek line of succession - so that couldn´t be the reason for their absence either..

But Alexia married in London, so thats a big difference. And for that wedding it was attended (if I recall correctly) The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Charles, Princess Alexandra of Kent and maybe the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.

No Anne, no Andrew and certainly no grandchildren. The Greek Royal Family is closer to the Spanish and Danish Royals as opposed to the British Royals. I expect you will see William and Charles at the wedding of Pavlos two eldest as they are godfathers. Just as I would expect to see Constatine at Williams wedding. But then again Anne is Haakon's godmother, and I didn't see her at that wedding.

Last edited:
I am not really thrilled of any gown. Seems, that many royal ladys are pretty much into tulle this wedding (and at Victoria's Wedding too) and I am not the biggest fan of tulle... :sad:

My best dressed tonight:
Marie of Denmark
Unfortunately this is the only photo I have seen so far http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Aug2010/PPE10082541.jpg

Worst dressed:
Elena of Spain

Maxima had wonderful hair tonight. And it looks as if she lost some weight
http://c.cdn.belga.be/picture/21951166/preview/watermark

Letizias dress reminded me of the one Mary wore at Vickans wedding: both dresses are made off tulle in sea-colours (mix of petrol, rainy-blue, grey)

Because she is not a Princess in her own right, she is the wife of a Prince.
It's a tradition in the family, even for Princesses in their own right. Alice of Battenberg was Princess Andrew, Elena Vladimirovna was Princess Nicholas and I believe Frederika's official style before Paul's ascession was Princess Diadoch Paul (or just Princess Diadoch, I am not sure). I guess that if Anne Marie was married before Constantine became King , she would be Princess Diadoch as well.

No guests from Belgium or Monaco? How about the cousins of Queen Sophia and King Constantine, the Hanovers?

I think Letizia looked great, and it's a new dress! But Elena....ugh. If it was ten inches shorter it would look almost exactly like the house dresses my grandmother used to wear. How can she go from looking the best she's looked in ages last night to looking like this?

Loved Tatiana's lace veil!

I think the bride looked absolutely beautiful and glowing!
Who were the children in the bridal party? I recognise:
Princess Maria Olympia
Prince Constanine Alexios
Prince Achilleas Andreas
Prince Odyseus Kimon
Arrieta Morales
Ana Marie Morales
Amelia Morales
Carlos Morales
Count Richard von Pfeil und Klein

And i agree the adult bridesmaids dresses are horrendous

I haven't seen Gabriella yet but Marie's dress look yellow or beige. Theodora's looks white.
The TV reporter said that Theodora's dress was pink. I guess the lighting made it look whiter that in reality

This is also Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit´s (9th) wedding day today! It´s so sad she couldn´t come! May be due to her daughter´s recent school start ( Ialso wouldn´t leave my child "alone" after her first days at school)?

Marie is wearing cream, Gabriella is wearing IMO a very light shade of grey. Princess Theodora is wearing white I think.

And what's your opinion on those colours? Are they acceptable on a wedding guest?

The TV reporter said that Theodora's dress was pink. I guess the lighting made it look whiter that in reality

Theodoras dress was light pink and beautiful, the wedding dress could not be seen clearly from the tv now i can understand it better and it looks very elegant!!!

Last edited:
Maxima's dress is lovely; the pastel shades are soft and summery, a nice change from the bold colours she often wears. And her hair looks beautiful for once. Now I'm not sure who I like best, Letizia or Maxima?

Must be a very light pink because it looks white in all the pictures I've seen. Her shawl definitely looks pink though.

Pictures: (it looks really white against the shawl)
Theodora 1
Theodora 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom