HRH Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Tatiana Blatnik: August 25, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw a short video and I noticed that Letizia, despite that she was magnificent, she looked tired and being "somewhere else" Difficult to keep her attention to the event.

I hope that she is not suffering from anything, and that this strange behavior has another explanation (you all understand that I mean) :p:p:p;)

I am truly happy for the GRF to be able to marry Nikolaos and Tatiana home. I must have been a very special feeling the wedding aside, especially for King Konstantin and Queen Anne-Marie, as well as for Queen Sofia. I liked the simplicity of the event except those bridesmaids and their horrendous dresses!:bang: Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder for I liked Elena's dress; really...it had something daring and debonair I don't know why. The other princesses quite disappointed me, all of their dresses were quite boring, Victoria's was so odd with her clutch and shoes not to tell that ugly watch:eek: I will spare Mary because of her pregnancy, and thank God Maxima was there to lead the way, she was fabulous!
I excpected much more from Tatiana. Her dress was beautiful but like Marie's and Victoria's as well, it was too common and has no personality.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a short video and I noticed that Letizia, despite that she was magnificent, she looked tired and being "somewhere else" Difficult to keep her attention to the event.

I hope that she is not suffering from anything, and that this strange behavior has another explanation (you all understand that I mean) :p:p:p;)

I kind of noticed that too, but in a different way. She seemed very distant from the other Crown Princesses. She stayed very close to her husband an only smiled half heartedly, so big smiles :sad:

She looked absolutely stunning, but something was off. And if you look back at CP Victoria's wedding, her actions are the same....timid, sad, quiet!

Where is the smile we saw after the World Cup????????

Where is the smile we saw after the World Cup????????

There is a bit of a difference between your country winning the World Cup for the first time, and the wedding of your cousin by marriage.

Does anyone know where are they newlyweds honeymooning???

======================
I think there are people with too much imagination. HRH The Princess of Asturias was great to enjoy the wedding.
Some people want to see problems where none exist.:whistling:

======================
I think there are people with too much imagination. HRH The Princess of Asturias was great to enjoy the wedding.
Some people want to see problems where none exist.:whistling:

NOT a problem, a happy problem!!!!:p

:lol::lol::lol:
I wish you were right, but I don´t think so, maybe it can seem that because of her behaviour, but not because of her body, at least in those pictures :cool:

I wish also

I have noticed a very funny point. It has always been a similarity of events in CP mary and CP Letizia lives.

Both RF announce engagements the same time (about one week difference)
Wedding with one week difference
Leonor and Christian were born with 15 days difference
Sofia and Isabelle were born with 8 days difference
Now Mary is expecting, So??????

Do somebody know if prince Michael of Greece and family were invited? And what about the king's first cousins Michael of Romania, Amedeo of Italy and the Hannovers?
Isn't that strange that they weren't there?

If they aren't that close to the family I don't see why they would come, it was a small wedding.
There was never a guest list published so we won't know whether they were invited or not.

Do somebody know if prince Michael of Greece and family were invited? And what about the king's first cousins Michael of Romania, Amedeo of Italy and the Hannovers?
Isn't that strange that they weren't there?

The couple has invited mainly close family and young cousins. For Michael of Greece, I agree, but for Romania. I doubt
Amedeo could be invited only because he is married to Pcs Olga
As for the Hannovers, Ernst should be but with Ernst you never know!

I have now a question. Dutch RF has any family connection with GRF??? WA and Maxima were invited as family or just friends?

I did not find anything. Does someone know??

The last picture of the 4 men is wonderful.

The last picture of the 4 men is wonderful.
Quite right, a very proud father with his 3 grown sons! It must have been very emotional for the king to be back in Greece for such a happy event.

This behavior has nothing to do whith the fact that she is pregnant or not. She normally acts like that, are days when she seems to be extremely happy, and days that she moves like a robot. And I think that the robot days are more frequent.:whistling:

And what a fake performance of the spanish royals!!!:whistling::whistling::whistling:

THE MARRIAGE OF HRH PRINCE NIKOLAOS TO TATIANA BLATNIK
25 August 2010

We are delighted to announce that the wedding of HRH Prince Nikolaos to Tatiana Blatnik took place at the church of Aghios Nikolaos, Spetses.
The ceremony was officiated by His Eminence the Bishop of Hydra, Spetses, Aigina, Ermionida and Trizinia, Efraim.
During the dinner that followed, His Majesty King Constantine delivered the following speech:

Your Majesties, Your Royal Highnesses, Your Eminence, Your Excellencies and dear friends….as the King of Siam put it in the musical The King and I….etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...
Nikolaos…..at last! As Shakespeare wrote in Romeo and Juliet..”Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast”…and Tatiana….“One fairer than my love? The all-seeing sun ne’er saw her match since first the world begun”…..
A little morality tale for my son on the occasion of his wedding:
A married couple in their early 60s was celebrating their 40th Wedding Anniversary in a quiet, romantic, little restaurant. Suddenly, a tiny and beautiful fairy appeared on their table. She said, 'For being such an exemplary married couple and for being loving to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish.
The wife answered, 'Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband.' The fairy waved her magic wand and - suddenly! – two tickets for the Queen Mary II appeared in her hands
The husband thought for a moment: 'Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again. I'm sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me.'
The wife, and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish. So the fairy waved her magic wand and suddenly!...the husband became 92 years old.
The moral of this story? Always remember this, my son: however magical they may be, fairies are always female!
So….Pavlo brought into the family a shining diamond, Alexia brought a bright star, and you…a beautiful pearl. I remember when you were born, I was in the delivery room and the doctor said in a loud voice “2” meaning the medical team should be alert as the umbilical cord had gone twice roundyour neck! In my ignorance, I thought my lovely wife was about to produce twins! Thinking back, I am not convinced that the world is quite ready to cope with two Nikolaos’!
Your negotiating skills were apparent to me from the moment you went to Brown University. Whenever the occasion presented itself, and you had to submit your work or an essaywhich, more often than not, wasn’t ready, you always managed to persuade The Dean to give you an extension.
You impressed me a great deal that you wanted to follow your elder brother, Pavlo, into the Army. Having left the regiment, Pavlo volunteered to re-join at the beginning of the Gulf War and you approached the Brigadier commanding 7th Brigade requesting to join the front line alongside your fellow officers. It was quite a difficult period for your mother and me when it became apparent that you might have to go to war.
I know I don't need to remind you of our country's history, but from the day your great great grandfather, George I, was elected by the Greek national assembly unanimously to become King of the Hellenes until today, when our lives have changed and Greece has become a republic. Service to our country and the Greek people has always been our tradition, and always will be.
As you know, Nikolae, our country and all of us Greeks are going through and will continue to endure difficult times. I have great confidence in the resilience of the Greek People. I can only wish that there is a sign of hope soon so that the crisis is terminated and that Greece finds its way to redevelopment.
This is the first wedding of our family in Greece since we left and we are delighted that it is taking place on this beautiful island, Spetses, with it’s wonderful people. It is a place we have come to love and, don’t forget, very close to here is where your mother and I spent our honeymoon and just across the sea on the mainland, we have started to make our home.
With deep gratitude to the people of Spetses and to the people from different parts of Greece who have come here today – our love and sincere thanks. We would also like to thank the Municipality of Spetses for welcoming this wedding on their island and for their understanding, the Police Authorities represented, the Port Authority and the Fire Brigade for the long hours they have all put in and for their discretion.
Anne-Marie has asked me to mention, as happy as we are to have you here today, we would be really thrilled if you would return and spend some time getting to know this beautiful island.
The advice I gave to your brother in law, Carlos, when he married Alexia, I give to you now….
“To keep your marriage brimming
with love in the loving cup,
whenever you are wrong, admit it,
whenever you are right, shut up”.
There is a song written by Rogers and Hammerstein which you will all be happy to know I am not going to sing… which goes…
"It's a lovely day for a wedding
Every heart is bursting with pride
It's a lovely day for a wedding
But not for the parents of the bride."
Why? Because today they lose their daughter to my son Nikolaos.To my brand new daughter in law… I say from my heart - welcome to our family.
Tatiana, I heard you ask your mother in the midst of all the planning for this great day, how far have you got…..what have you accomplished….the answer, without doubt…..her greatest accomplishment is you….
My friends, it is a lovely day for a wedding and my heart is indeed bursting with pride.
Tatiana, look after your husband. He's not a bad fellow.
And Nikolaos, look after your wife. She's a treasure.
God bless you both.

The Greek Royal Family - News & Media

The couple has invited mainly close family and young cousins. For Michael of Greece, I agree, but for Romania. I doubt
Amedeo could be invited only because he is married to Pcs Olga
As for the Hannovers, Ernst should be but with Ernst you never know!

I have now a question. Dutch RF has any family connection with GRF??? WA and Maxima were invited as family or just friends?

I did not find anything. Does someone know??

Actually the relation is closer with Amedeo (the son of princess Irene of Greece) and with Michael of Romania (the son of princess Elena of Greece) than with prince Micheal of Greece, the Kents etc and when you have some hundreds of guests it's not such a small wedding.

BTW it is possible that media just didn't photographed them. For example I just found out that crown prince Alexander of Serbia and one of his sons were there as well and no pictures of them appeared before. http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr01/?p=38264 (The site is reporting the sad news of the death of crown princess Katherine's mother).

how weird would it be if letizia is also pregnant, that's why she's out of sorts during the wedding...wouldn't it be too weird considering mary and her lives and its major events

Thank you Princess Robijn. What a lovely speech.

Thanks for all the great photos!

I have mixed feelings about look of the bride. Without the fringe her hairstyle would have been perfect. I'm not sure if it's just the photos, but something is not right with her makeup. The same is true for the dress, which is lovely in its femininity and romance. I can't put my finger on what exactly it is that I don't like - but there's a lack of sophistication which I was expecting, and there's definitely way too much lace, especially lace on lace with the veil and gown, and something is amiss with the design/fit of the bodice.

For me, the best dressed guests are princesses Victoria, Letizia, and Marie Chantal.

Back
Top Bottom