HRH Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Tatiana Blatnik: August 25, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems like they are sent to the "less important" events while the Earl & Countess of Wessex go to the "more important" events such as Crown Prince/Princess weddings and Prince Albert' of Monaco's enthronement.

With all the apparent "close ties" even I would have thought that Sophie and Edward would come, I knew HM nor Charles would.

It seems like they are sent to the "less important" events while the Earl & Countess of Wessex go to the "more important" events such as Crown Prince/Princess weddings and Prince Albert' of Monaco's enthronement.

I don't think they were sent as the Kents are very close with the GRF. King Constantine is Ella's godfather and as far as I know the Kents have attended all of the weddings and celebrations of the GRF. So, I rather tend to believe that, as they would attend because of personal closeness anyway, the BRF thought that that's enough and they wouldn't have to send anyone else in addition.

With all the apparent "close ties" even I would have thought that Sophie and Edward would come, I knew HM nor Charles would.
Doesn't Prince Charles vacation at a Greek Monestary? And Prince Phillip is/was a Greek Prince by birth. One would think they'd send someone.....
I agree with you, I like the bridesmaids dresses. :)
When they're not vamping like realty-tv wanna-be celebrities, the dresses look a liiiiiiiittle bit better. More dignified? But could Tat get them matching purses as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they were sent as the Kents are very close with the GRF. King Constantine is Ella's godfather and as far as I know the Kents have attended all of the weddings and celebrations of the GRF. So, I rather tend to believe that, as they would attend because of personal closeness anyway, the BRF thought that that's enough and they wouldn't have to send anyone else in addition.

Constantine is also Prince Williams godfather, Prince Edward has Princess Sophie of Greece and Denmark as a godmother, Princess Anne has two greek royals has godparents. I agree that they seem closer, but it would have been nice to send someone else.

Doesn't Prince Charles vacation at a Greek Monestary? And Prince Phillip is/was a Greek Prince by birth. One would think they'd send someone.....

I have never heard him vacationing at a Greek Monastary, he's probably in Scotland at the moment.
Prince Phillip, is a second cousin to Prince Nikolaos but I wouldn't have expected him to travel for the wedding.

When they're not vamping like realty-tv wanna-be celebrities, the dresses look a liiiiiiiittle bit better. More dignified? But could Tat get them matching purses as well?

Vamping? That's a very mean thing to say IMO, that they look like "reality tv wanna-bees"
Why should Tatiana get them matching purses? The day is about her, not her bridesmaids outfits.

Is there a nice family picture with all the Greek Royal family members in it?

I watch the wedding fron channels STAR + ALTER (except the incide the church). I liked it very much. The reporters were polite and decent with their comments. On the contrary in the early morning programw of channels NET (of the state) and SKAI the reporters were rude and mock the whole event. Shame on them.

Really??Well usually Star channel is rude with everyone but since its owned by Vardinogiannis family and they were guests thats why it was so nice and polite.

What did the other reporters say?I have heard Alter reporter a day before the wedding and he talked about the economic crisis and the wedding.

Magnificent wedding!!!!
I'm so happy for King Kostantin, that after so much years and sadness and rejection of his country, he had in greece an event full of joy and beauty, with the Greek people participating and being happy for him.

Yes, you are right! Prince Philip goes quite every year to Agion Oros, which is an area in North Greece, with historical Monasteries, more than 1000 years old. This area is forbidden for women. Prince Charles goes also very often.
You can not consider that is a vacation place, it is a place for isolation and meditation.

Yes, you are right! Prince Philip goes quite every year to Agion Oros, which is an area in North Greece, with historical Monasteries, more than 1000 years old. This area is forbidden for women. Prince Charles goes also very often.
You can not consider that is a vacation place, it is a place for isolation and meditation.

I have never heard that he visits this place "every year", I know he's been once without HM and she wasn't allowed inside. Never heard that Prince Charles has been either, where have you heard this? They are both part of the "Friends of Mount Athos".

Infanta Elena doesn't deserve such critics. The Spanish Princesses were badly dressed when they were young without any critics.
Jaime de M. learned Elena to be dressed on a beautiful way (pictures of the beginning of their wedding), as he worked for a group of Haute Couture , perhaps he managed to have one dress for his wife for a royal event.
Now she is alone with dignity..If she choice the pink jacket it was to be fine !
When life is difficult for some people, they should not be compared with other guests.
The important is inside..

Constantine is also Prince Williams godfather, Prince Edward has Princess Sophie of Greece and Denmark as a godmother, Princess Anne has two greek royals has godparents. I agree that they seem closer, but it would have been nice to send someone else.

I agree. Either such occasions aren't the BRF's cup of tea or they're really too busy.

I have never heard that he visits this place "every year", I know he's been once without HM and she wasn't allowed inside. Never heard that Prince Charles has been either, where have you heard this? They are both part of the "Friends of Mount Athos".

Of course without HM, women are not allowed, not only inside the monasteries, INSIDE THE WHOLE peninsula.

And I know it for sure, he has been said many times when he was there, Prince Charles also. It is normal that in US it is not known, it is not a point of interest for US people. But in Greece it is an intersting point and it is known.
And do not forget that Prince Philip was baptised Orthodox, so it is not very abnormal for him to go to Mount Athos!!!!

The Infanta Elena is a woman of gestures very elegants. You have seen the elegance with which she fanned, not all Spanish women know how to use the Spanish fan with style

Of course without HM, women are not allowed, not only inside the monasteries, INSIDE THE WHOLE peninsula.

And I know it for sure, he has been said many times when he was there, Prince Charles also. It is normal that in US it is not known, it is not a point of interest for US people. But in Greece it is an intersting point and it is known.
And do not forget that Prince Philip was baptised Orthodox, so it is not very abnormal for him to go to Mount Athos!!!!

I'm not stupid thanks, and seeing as I'm from the UK not US and I follow my royal family I have never seen or read anything about Charles visiting the Monastary, could you provide me with this "said information".

I never said anything about it being "abnormal".

Guys, this is a wedding thread.
If you want to argue about Charles and Philip going to Mt Athos do it somewhere else.

thanks.
Warren
TRF Admin

Prince Philip quite never comes to Greece, except for Mount Athos, and this time we were expecting him at the wedding because he is very close by blood and relationship with King Kostantin. Personnally I never believed that the Queen was coming to the wedding because the last years she never travels for events abroad but Prince Philip why not? Unless the protocol does not allow??

This wedding was announced a quite long time before, so at least one of the Queen's children was expected. Of course the Duke of Kent is very close, but he is not the only one. Do not forget that KK lives in London for about 40 years, so I believe that during all these years they elaborated very close bonds with the whole British Royal family
Anyway they know the reason!

Last edited by a moderator:
This appears to be been a lovely relaxed family wedding. Congratulations to Nikolaos and Tatiana! Lovely bride and groom. A little too much lace but I thought the veil and bolero were nice.

Prince Philip quite never comes to Greece, except for Mount Athos, and this time we were expecting him at the wedding because he is very close by blood and relationship with King Kostantin. Personnally I never believed that the Queen was coming to the wedding because the last years she never travels for events abroad but Prince Philip why not? Unless the protocol does not allow?? This wedding was announced a quite long time before, so at least one of the Queen's children was expected. Of course the Duke of Kent is vrey close, but he is not the only one. Do not forget that KK lives in London for about 40 years, so I believe that during all these years they elaborated very close bonds with the whole British Royal family
Anyway they know the reason!

Prince Phillip is older than HM and I doubt he would travel without her.
There is no protocol to say that Phillip cannot travel alone. Yes King Constantine has lived in London for 40 years, and the majority of royals have attended all the parties and marriages held in London by the royals, but like I have said in the previous thread HM wouldn't travel for the wedding even if they were distant relations.

I had expected Edward and Sophie at least, so I myself was surprised that the kents attended. I assume you mean Prince Michael of Kent, not Prince Edward, Duke of Kent.

In my mind, the right British royals did attend. Yes, the Greeks have lived in London for over 40 years but the Queen and The Duke are up their in age, they don't travel a lot and quite frankly (cause i have not been there) Greece appears to be VERY beautiful (a place of interest in terms of visiting) but also VERY hot.

That being said.....the Kents do have a personal relationship. It looks like the bridal couple (as well as their family) invited people that they know very well. We need to stop looking at it as a slap in the face because they are so far down in the Line of Succession and more of a friend inviting another friend to their family wedding. Or perhaps other friends and family were invited but because of other obligations (i.e. Fred and Benedike) they could not attend.

I was a little surprised that there was not more representation from the British given the closeness between the 2 families. Charles had hosted the 60th birthday party for Constantine at Highgrove, and a number of the senior royals attended hos 7-th party, including HM, DoE, Anne, Tim and the Kents.

The designer was Felipe Varela.
Queen Margarete Queen Margaret had no bag,
but she had something hanging on the side, it seemed a label...

I was a little surprised that there was not more representation from the British given the closeness between the 2 families. Charles had hosted the 60th birthday party for Constantine at Highgrove, and a number of the senior royals attended hos 7-th party, including HM, DoE, Anne, Tim and the Kents.

I am surprised that Edward and Sophie didn't come, I expected those two. I didn't think any other royals would turn up.

The designer was Felipe Varela.

No surprises there. :)

Back
Top Bottom