HRH Hereditary Prince Bernhard von Baden & Stephanie Kaul 2001

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elsa M.

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
--
Country
Portugal
HRH Bernhard Max Friedrich August Gustav Louis Kraft, Hereditary Prince of Baden (Grand Ducal House of Zähringen), married his long-time friend Stephanie Kaul in June 2001. Bernhard is the eldest son of Margraf Maximilian von Baden and his wife Archduchess Valerie von Österreich (from the Toscana branch).

Engagement photos, from SeegerPress:

The civil wedding took place on June 22nd, while the religious ceremony happened on the following day (June 23rd), at the Schloß Salem (Germany). After the ceremony a reception was held also at the Salem Castle.

Photos from SeegerPress and DPA:

How old were they when they got married?

More photos from SeegerPress and DPA:

Happily married, by SeegerPress:

Among the 200 guests were Queen Sofia of Spain, King Konstantin and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece, Prince Ernst August von Hannover and his wife Caroline, Prince Guillaume and Sibilla of Luxembourg, GrandDuchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxembourg, King Mihail I and Queen Anne of Romania, Count Moritz von Hessen, Duke Max Emanuel of Bavaria, Duke Carl of Württemberg, as well as Princes Sumeya, Hassan and Sarvath from Jordania.

Photos from DPA and SeegerPress:

The bride was wearing the seven-diamond-starbursts-tiara that her mother-in-law, Archduchess Valerie, has also carried on her wedding day, in 1966.

crisiñaki said:
How old were they when they got married?
Prince Bernhard was born in Salem, on May 27th 1970, while Stephanie Anne was born in Uelzen, on June 27th 1966.
It means that he was 31 and she 34 years old.

Last edited:
Quite a lovely bride. What did she do prior to her becoming a Princess?

michelleq said:
What did she do prior to her becoming a Princess?
I don't know... perhaps someone can say it...
All I know is that Bernhard studied business administration and he runs the family's estate, besides being the president of the race meeting of Baden-Baden.

michelleq said:
Quite a lovely bride. What did she do prior to her becoming a Princess?
I think she was/is a lawyer.

Stephanie has done the House of Zahringen proud, producing three sons:

• Prince Leopold, b 2002
• Prince Friedrich, b 2004
• Prince Karl Wilhelm, b 2006

Hereditary Prince Bernhard's brothers Prince Leopold, b 1971, and Prince Michael, b 1976, are unmarried.

 Thank you Elsa, yet again, for another fabulous pictorial. :)

Last edited:
The have alrerady a third son who was born on 11.02.2006 at Ravensburg. Accvording to a tradition of the Family his name will be a secret unitl his Christening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsa M. said:
Prince Bernhard was born in Salem, on May 27th 1970, while Stephanie Anne was born in Uelzen, on June 27th 1966.
It means that he was 31 and she 34 years old.
Thanks Elsa, awesome avatar BTW;) :D

Stefan said:
The have alrerady a third son who was born on 11.02.2006 at Ravensburg. Accvording to a tradition of the Family his name will be a secret unitl his Christening.

Oy, lilleprinsen all over again:rolleyes: :p

Stefan said:
Stefan, thank you for the news; I will add him to the list. :)

Warren said:
Stefan, thank you for the news; I will add him to the list. :)

You can fing the Genealogies of the Baden Family and the one of the reigning Familys in Europe, most of the former reigning Houses in Europe and most of the former reigning german Houses.
It has also a News Section and Upcoming Events and Sucession Lines.

Did Princess Theodora the sister of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh ever wear that tiara and is there a picture of her in it ?

Back
Top Bottom