HI&RH Archduke Imre of Austria & Miss Kathleen Walker: 8 September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The bride looked nice. it wasn't a royal wedding, because they are not royal. They have titles without substance. So, let them live their lives.

Last edited by a moderator:
COUNTESS said:
it wasn't a royal wedding, because they are not royal.

Actually, you are correct. It was not a *royal* wedding, because they are Imperial and Royal Highnesses. It was an *imperial* wedding. ;)

Actually, you are correct. It was not a *royal* wedding, because they are Imperial and Royal Highnesses. It was an *imperial* wedding. ;)

Kathleen is definitely a commoner. As a Habsburg Imre is also a commoner being a member of a family that was deposed nearly 100 years ago and whose rank is not recognized in the nation his family once reigned over. His mother is however a royal since her family still reign in Luxembourg.:whistling:

NGalitzine said:
As a Habsburg Imre is also a commoner being a member of a family that was deposed nearly 100 years ago and whose rank is not recognized in the nation his family once reigned over.

Thank you for sharing your opinion on the status of the Archduke. :)

I was glad to see that the Prince Napoléon was a guest.

Hopefully his grandmother will be in attendance at the Luxembourg/Lannoy nuptials.

God bless them with happiness and God bless the whole family.

Last edited:
Imre and his family are certainly treated as royals by the courts of Europe, including Belgium and Luxembourg, where they are addressed by their titles. What is on their passports is another matter.

Kathleen is definitely a commoner. As a Habsburg Imre is also a commoner being a member of a family that was deposed nearly 100 years ago and whose rank is not recognized in the nation his family once reigned over. His mother is however a royal since her family still reign in Luxembourg.:whistling:

^^^^
I know that their titles are accepted socially and can probably get you a good seat at a restaurant. My personal opinion is that one really should give up the game when no one in your family was alive when the family actually reigned and none of your former subjects are alive to remember you being on the throne. After an absence of 100 years you are just a commoner with an interesting set of ancestors.

All of the irrelevant guff has now been removed.

Members who wish to argue about the use of Royal or Imperial styles and titles should do so elsewhere. We know noble titles were abolished in Germany and Austria in 1918 and they are "illegal" in Austria. But they are still used to this day, by individuals, within certain society, in some German media, and here at TRF. There is nothing to be gained by repeating the same point over and over. [Which begs the question, if an Archduke calls himself an Erzherzog in Vienna, is he arrested, charged with committing a crime against the State, and threatened with a punitive custodial sentence? Austria felix indeed.]

This is a wedding thread and - dare I say it - discussion should be largely relevant to the wedding.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation. :)

Warren
Admin

Last edited:
In Benelux and other Countries it is like this :
The before born Coombs (Claire) Wollman (lea), Van Wezel are Royal Highnesses such as Kate Middelton, Mary Donaldson, Marie Cavalier, Mette Marrit Halby etc...

For the Ladies , helping preparing their seats in a Church in Brussels I saw :
Son Altesse le Prince de Ligne , Son Altesse Royale Princesse de Ligne (born Orleans Braganza)
Comte Rodolphe de Limbourg-Stirum, Son Altesse Royale et Impériale la Comtesse Rodolphe de Limbourg-Stirum (Imre ’s Sister)

Youtube has a recently posted video of Imre and Kathleen's wedding. It appears to have been created by one of their wedding guests. Perhaps one of our more computer savvy posters would be kind enough to post the link here. :flowers:

(As their wedding thread has been closed, this is the only place where I could post this news.)

Thank you Marengo for reopening the thread. :flowers:

Another video of Archduke Imre and Archduchess Kathleen's wedding

Back
Top Bottom