Grand Duke George of Russia and Nobile Rebecca Bettarini; 24 Sept. & 1 Oct. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In this wedding video the magnificent ceiling of Saint-Isaac Cathedral is shown in the beginning.

Great Pictures 3 minutes for a more than 2 Hours Wedding
Seems not crowded outside and I wonder if the Street was completely closed ?

For once this Royal Wedding should have had Point de Vue's Cover, but no William and Kate !
For once the Duke of Noto should have had the front page, but no Harry and Meghan.
In the past Princess Eugenie's Wedding should have had PDV 's front page but no the announcement of Meghan's first Pregnancy !

How Sad !

Last edited:
You are right, I suppose their choice is based on the sales of the former magazines....They think that some people sell more mags than others.

William and Kate and Harry and Meghan are both a lot more well known to PdV readers than the other couples. Letizia also seems to have been on last week's cover instead of putting the Duke of Noto on the week after his wedding.

It's the same with Hello! in the UK, sometimes a royal or more famous celebrity will be on the cover and an interesting but not as well known wedding or baby's birth will be featured inside. But still featured.

For this couple, despite the choosing of the wedding tiara being in PdV a few months ago and being interesting for several reasons, I don't think they are that well known outside royal watching circles so others took precedence for maximum sales. I presume it's the Bond premiere photos?

Last edited:
Maria Olivia's opinion, which I share, is that Point de Vue used to be the best European magazine for covering all royal events, especially those in non-reigning families. For forty or fifty years, it was the creme de la creme as far as French royal publications go.

PdV seems just as much a celebrity driven publication as a Royal one now, and sometimes more. I realize that they need to cover what sells but sorry....the first Russian Imperial wedding in more than a century should have made the cover.

Not the DoC at a movie premiere wearing a gold gown. JMHO

Last edited:
The Readers of Point de Vue are mostly old people who know all about the former Royals.
Point de Vue is now not a Royal magazine anymore for Royal Events and the articjes about Kate/William and Harry/Meghan were without interest. .

Victoria Romanovna cake recipe created by chef Michael Lewis Anderson for the wedding in Saint Peter

Back
Top Bottom