Grand Duke George of Russia and Nobile Rebecca Bettarini; 24 Sept. & 1 Oct. 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations. Although the big event will obviously be the one in St Isaac's Cathedral.

She must like that style of dress, she wore a similar one for their engagement photos.

Are the lady with green outfit and man with blue tie her parents?

And is his mother not present at the civil wedding?

Is it me or does she look much younger (and beautifulà on these pix ?

Why does this couple not have their own wedding thread?

Are the lady with green outfit and man with blue tie her parents?

And is his mother not present at the civil wedding?

Yes, Ambassador Roberto Bettarini and Mrs Carla Cacciatore Bettarini were in the outfits you describe.

Given their ages, it is possible that Grand Duchess Maria of Russia and Prince Franz Wilhelm of Prussia, as well as his wife Princess Nadia, are already in Russia, but undergoing a voluntary quarantine period. The parents of the bride have been in Moscow for a bit already, I believe.

Also, since the religious wedding is happening in Saint Petersburg, and Grand Duke George and Princess Victoria's Moscow residence is not huge; the parents of the groom will likely have traveled directly to Saint Petersburg.

I don't think that is the most flattering dress the bride could have worn, but she appears radiantly happy.

I like the fact that there was a trio of violinists. Violin music is beautiful.

Grand Duke George of Russia & Nobile Rebecca Bettarini: September 24&October 1, 2021

Here are the photos and articles about their civil wedding which took place yesterday in Khamovnichesky registry office in Moscow:

https://www.legion-media.ru/event/en/1/7624539.143042
https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot.com/2021/09/civil-wedding-in-moscow-of-grand-duke.html
https://histoiresroyales.fr/photos-...khailovitch-russie-victoria-romanovna-moscou/
Royal Musings: Grand Duke George and Victoria Romanovna: We did it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
She wore a dress which is the Collar of the Romanonv Sash and golden embroideries representing their Order

It is strange that Maria Vladimirovna Romanova and Friedrich Wilhelm von Preußen were both absent. Rebecca looked nice. Georg(y)'s costume looked one size too small. There was no special decorum, just the usual dreadful municipal office, so to see.

I hope there is a Russian speaking fellow forummer whom can read the marriage certificate, curious how the Russian Federation has registered Georg Prinz von Preußen in the administration.

I hope there is a Russian speaking fellow forummer whom can read the marriage certificate, curious how the Russian Federation has registered Georg Prinz von Preußen in the administration.

The names on the certificate are Georgi Michailovitch Romanov and Rebecca Bettarini.

It will be very interesting to see the formal festivities of the religious wedding.

Obviously the Russian government will not be involved but they had to give permission to use two state museums for the events.

The first part of the couple's religious wedding was already celebrated at Ipatievskii Monastery in Kostroma on January 24, 2021.

George Mikhailovich Romanoff, who uses the titles of HIH the Heir, Tsesarevich, and Grand Prince (translated as Grand Duke of Russia) as the heir to the head of the former imperial house of Russia, and Rebecca Bettarini, who is styled Nob. Victoria Romanovna Bettarini since her conversion to Orthodoxy, held their "betrothal ceremony", which constitutes the first section of their Orthodox wedding ceremony, at Ipatievskii Monastery in Kostroma, Russia, on January 24.

https://www.russianlegitimist.org/n...-and-victoria-romanovna-bettarini-at-kostroma

In the Russian Orthodox Church, the wedding ceremony is divided into two sections: the Betrothal (obrucheniye or Обручение) and the Crowning (venchaniye or Венчание) . In the modern day, the ceremonies are most frequently combined, but in the past, they were two separate ceremonies. The Grand Duke and his fiancée chose to celebrate the ceremony of Betrothal at the Ipatievskii Monastery at Kostroma. This is the ancient monastery from which the first Romanov Tsar, Michael I was called to the throne. The Epiphany Convent of St. Anastasia, which is part of the complex at Kostroma, is also the home of the miraculous icon of the Feodorovskaya Mother-of-God - regarded as the heavenly protectress of the House of Romanov.

[...]

On January 24, 2021, at noon, the Heir of the Head of the Imperial House of Russia, His Imperial Highness The Grand Duke George of Russia, and his fiancée, the hereditary noblewoman Miss Victoria Romanovna Bettarini, were betrothed in the Holy Trinity Cathedral in the Ipatiev Monastery in the city of Kostroma. The betrothal service was officiated by His Eminence Metropolitan Ferapont of Kostroma and Nerkhta. Among those attending the service were government officials of the Kostroma Region.

[...]

On behalf of the Governor of the Kostroma Region, S. K. Sitnikov, the Chief of Staff the administration of the Kostroma Region, M.B. Smirnov, formally greeted Tsesarevich George and his fiancée Victoria Romanovna.

[...]

I originally posted the above here as the couple did not have their own wedding thread at the time.

Well they are certainly pulling out all the stops for this and must have secured a great deal of co-operation with the Kremlin.

There seem to be plenty of non reigning houses set to attend as well as apparently some of the Belgian royal family.

This does indeed sound incredibly grand and lavish!

For Grand Duchess Maria 4 Queens did attend Queen Giovania of Bulgaria , Queens Geraldine and Susan of Albania , Queen Farida of Egypt . They all passed away.

Now I expect Queen Sofia of Spain , Queen Margareta of Bulgaria , Princess Lea (Widow of Prince Alexandre of Belgium), Prince and Princess Michael of Kent and a lot of minor Royals...
1000 people were invited , I hope they will be safe !

We know the tiara , the Fabergé Rings and now the Dress for a Morganatic Wedding!

Why on Earth is she giving everyone a "sneak peek" at her bridal gown before the wedding??

Has any Royal/Imperial bride ever done this?

That said....it looks like it will be a spectacular gown.

Last edited:
Because she doesn't believe in superstitions.

It does seem a little strange to give away the dress before the wedding, especially having already made the tiara choosing public. Usually that's the part much of the public is most interested in.

She looks lovely and I'm sure it will be even more stunning on the day.

A previous report said it might be livestreamed in Russia, do we know if it's going ahead?

First Pictures of the 3 days Event which started this night in Royal Musings

Why on Earth is she giving everyone a "sneak peek" at her bridal gown before the wedding??

I wonder if it's possibly because of an agreement between the bride and the designer.

Plain dress and tacky embroidery. Beautiful bride though.

I

:previous: EF and Aimone posing together? Have they finally buried the hatchet? That would be lovely.;)

Because she doesn't believe in superstitions.

It takes away the drama and excitement of seeing a Royal bridal gown to give anyone a preview....not to mention vaguely tacky.

It has little to do with being superstitious.:whistling:

My hunch is that since the dress is very simple (though elegant) the veil, headdress and jewels will be sumptuous.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom