Earl Spencer & Victoria Lockwood 1989

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pdas1201 said:
Is it just me, or do all of them look bored out of their minds, especially the bridesmaid sitting on the floor:)

I so agree with you , they look like they would rather been any where else
than sitting there !!! ahaha!

Tiara!

ulik said:
was it the same tiara Diana wore on her wedding day?
Yes, she is wearing the Spencer Tiara, just as Diana did.
Here is a tiara pic...
source: originally from Geoffrey Munn "Tiaras - A History of Splendour"

Attachments

• Spencer Tiara.JPG
    Spencer Tiara.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 2,050
Can someone please post bigger pics of Victoria in her wedding gown? Please!

Fashionista100 said:
Does anyone have a closeup photo of her engagement ring?? I know you can see it a bit in one of the photos. I remember it was really beautifull. A ruby and diamond ring shaped like a heart with a crown on top. It was an antique.

Yes, it is a beautiful ring - very unique & symbolic. The Earl bought it from Bond Street jewellers, S.J. Phillips and it was thought to have cost around 5000 pounds.

Photo: Tim Graham

Attachments

• Untitled-Scanned-18.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-18.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 3,493
scriptgirl said:
Can someone post a bigger pic of the formal wedding portrait of the wedding party? it's the one where charles & diana are seated. Also, is there one lovely pic of Victoria alone in her dress by herself?

I've never seen a photo of her alone of her wedding day, sorry. But here is a bigger photo of the formal wedding portrait.

Photo: Donovan

Attachments

• Untitled-Scanned-15.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-15.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 40,287
Some pictures of the bridesmaids and the pageboys - Eleanor Fellowes (daughter of Diana's sister Jane), Prince Harry, Alexander Fellowes (son of Jane) and Emily McCorquindale (daughter of Diana's sister Sarah).

Their outfits were inspired by two paintings hanging at Althorp House. The pageboys outfit was inspired by a Joshua Reynolds 1779 portrait of Lord Althorp (below).

Photos: Tim Graham/Donovan

Attachments

• Untitled-Scanned-12.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-12.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 38,205
  • Untitled-Scanned-13.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-13.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 2,876
  • Untitled-Scanned-17.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-17.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 2,569
  • Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 2,670
Last edited:
Thank you so much for the bigger portrait! Victoria's wedding dress is my all time favorite.

Prince Harry is such a cutie on that pic..Thanks for the photos!!

Someone posted pics of Victoria with her veil down in the thread about not looking good on the wedding day. Can anyone repost here??:confused:

I well remember when Victoria & Charles got hitched & I remember buying Majest & Royalty mags, which had pics of the wedding. Everyone in the fashion biz & also all the mags, including People, praised the dress. To this day, it still holds up. It has a timeless quality that doesn't make it look dated.That is in part to the fact that it isn't white & to the talent of the designer. That dress made his career, just like carolyn bessette's dress made narciso rodriguez. People still talk about Victoria's dress to this day. It is the rare example of a dress being perfect for the bride, as most women, in my opinion, don't choose a gown that suits them, but a gown they like. Not the same thing.

ulik said:
i can't see Sarah, Jane, and William. were they there?

I would assume that Sarah & Jane would have attended the wedding, but I have no pictures of them there.

As for William, this would be one of the few days where he was overshadowed by Harry. (William was not in the wedding party). Pdas1201 has posted some pictures above in Post #10 of William arriving at the church with his parents.

royal_sophietje said:
Suprising to see the Spencer tiara on a other woman.... :)

Are there also pictures of Diana at the wedding??
Well after all the taira does belong to Charles Spencer not Diana, so it is his to do what he wants with it. I read somewhere, right before Diana's death that Charles and her were fighting about keeping the tiara, he wanted it for his new wife to use and Diana wanted to keep it for her own use. But he is the heir apparent and he does inherit all of it, estate, title, tiara everything. It's a shame, Diana looked soo good in that tiara. I believed it was returned to Charles Spencer after her death.

Last edited:
Last edited:
HRHAmy said:
Well after all the taira does belong to Charles Spencer not Diana, so it is his to do what he wants with it. I read somewhere, right before Diana's death that Charles and her were fighting about keeping the tiara, he wanted it for his new wife to use and Diana wanted to keep it for her own use. But he is the heir apparent and he does inherit all of it, estate, title, tiara everything. It's a shame, Diana looked soo good in that tiara. I believed it was returned to Charles Spencer after her death.
The tiara didn't stay with Diana even when she was alive. It stayed in a bank vault with the rest of the Spencer jewels. Any time Diana wanted to wear it, she had to ask her father or brother to loan it out.

Diana and her brother were fighting because she wanted a house on the Althorp estate and her brother wouldn't give it to her. Charles wasn't recently married at the time of Diana's death and was actually on the verge of divorce.

i thought she wasnt the most "beatfuil bride". she look ulgy. i didnt like her dress. i thought when you get married you are supposed to be happy, excited, and neverous etc. her hair was nothing.

HELLO magazine, March 14, 1998:
Interview with Victoria, Countess Spencer

Q: "One of your most famous fashion statements was your wedding dress by Tomasz Starzewski. How much were you involved with its creation?"

A: "I designed my wedding dress. I scribbled down the basic design and gave it to T. Starzewski, who was pretty unknown at the time. I met Tomasz when I was modelling for him and asked him, as a friend, to do my dress. I knew I wanted something very romantic with a period feel. He chose the gold fabric because we couldn't get what I wanted, which was off-white French lace."

Last edited:
Squidgy said:
Yes, it is a beautiful ring - very unique & symbolic. The Earl bought it from Bond Street jewellers, S.J. Phillips and it was thought to have cost around 5000 pounds.

Photo: Tim Graham

What a beautiful ring! With the combined hearts topped by a crown. Very symbolic. Charles has good taste I must say.
Regarding Victoria's wedding gown though... I didn't like it either. It doesn't look regal or even appropriate for a wedding, really.

BTW, does anyone have a picture of Victoria's second wedding? I've never seen it. Thanks!

I like Victoria's dress more now than I did then. She was just so painfully anorexic and, frankly, sickly looking. I thought she didn't look very happy and I felt sorry for her. I hope they are both happier now.

This was the strangest wedding. Couldn't you just look at those pictures and know it was not going to work out? Earlier today I was looking at the pictures from Sarah Armstrong-Jones' wedding, and it was like the exact opposite of these pics--bride was beautiful, the dress was tasteful, and everybody was happy.

bluebess said:
I like Victoria's dress more now than I did then. She was just so painfully anorexic and, frankly, sickly looking. I thought she didn't look very happy and I felt sorry for her. I hope they are both happier now.

You summed up the wedding between Earl Spencer and Victoria Lockwood very nicely!!!

Perhaps we should ban the word "anorexic" from these sites. Everyone that is not fat is labelled as such. The chances are that 50 years from now these women that are now considered sick because of their weight are the ones that are living healthy and active lives. The women with the extra weight will have high blood pressure, cancers and heart problems.

Is it just me or does she look like she is going to cry in that picture. No one really looks happy in that picture- its a wedding day, smile :)

Squidgy said:
I've never seen a photo of her alone of her wedding day, sorry. But here is a bigger photo of the formal wedding portrait.

Photo: Donovan

Grevinnan, I tend to agree that the term "anorexia" is misapplied in some cases but in Victoria Lockwood's case it is not. She was known to have suffered and received treatment for the disease.

smgaries said:
i dont know if u guys have seen this but here is a new pic of EARL SPENCERs children

http://www.weddingsabroad.co.za/hello.htm#hellophotos

tata and enjoy
what do u think of her wedding dress choice this time?

Wow! Thanks for the pictures! I've been trying to find pictures of her other wedding before. The one picture I saw wasn't very flattering, but these pictures made her look happy and much healthier looking than from her wedding to Earl Spencer. Thanks again!

I love the lace of her dress but not as a veil covering her face: too heavy and "ghostly."
Here is one more of Harry with his aunt Lady Sarah:

Tim Graham / Getty Images

Originally Posted by smgaries
i dont know if u guys have seen this but here is a new pic of EARL SPENCERs children

http://www.weddingsabroad.co.za/hello.htm#hellophotos

tata and enjoy
what do u think of her wedding dress choice this time?

Wow! Thanks for the pictures! I've been trying to find pictures of her other wedding before. The one picture I saw wasn't very flattering, but these pictures made her look happy and much healthier looking than from her wedding to Earl Spencer. Thanks again!

what do u think of her wedding dress this time around of her 2nd marriage?

as for me i prefer that of her wedding with EARL CHARLES SPENCER == i just love that vintage look(VICTORIAN or is it EWARDIAN time) and not just that the flowergirls/boys paige outfit was just perfect. OT... just love the engagement ring that EARL SPENCER presented VICTORIA

:)

Back
Top Bottom