Countess Elisabeth d'Udekem d'Acoz & Marquis Alfonso Pallavicini - 20 & 22 July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannelore

Heir Presumptive
City
Bruges
Country
Belgium
Countess Elisabeth d'Udekem d'Acoz & Marquis Alfonso Pallavicini - 20 & 22 July 2006

A friend of a friend of mine told me that she *heard* (so some reserve is in place) that countess Elisabeth and markgraf Alfonso will get married on July 22nd.

Hannelore said:
A friend of a friend of mine told me that she *heard* (so some reserve is in place) that countess Elisabeth and markgraf Alfonso will get married on July 22nd.

I read this too.

Oh good! Do you know where they plan on getting married ?

Thanks Hannelore. I was actually just planning to post this question, and the awnser was already there :) Thats a day after my birthday btw (which is on the same day as the belgian national day).
I wonder where they will marry, to have the wedding reception etc in the gardens of that lovely castle that the family owns should be a nice option, in July, and very pittoresque.

Wedding of Countess Elisabeth with Markgraf Pallavicini

Hannelore said:
Oh good! Do you know where they plan on getting married ?
I wonder too when the wedding will be? I believe on VTM's Royalty there was said at her parents' castle in July 2006? The Point de Vue 3023 of 28 June with the upcoming summer weddings does not mention this either.

Marie-Caroline said:
I wonder too when the wedding will be? I believe on VTM's Royalty there was said at her parents' castle in July 2006? The Point de Vue 3023 of 28 June with the upcoming summer weddings does not mention this either.

It will be on july 22th.

Thank you! I was just thinking yesterday that I hadn't heard anything about it -- perhaps some pictures will be released to the press. I'm hoping so.

I have a question - did Mathilde's family (barons and counts d'Udekem d'Acoz) has any family jewels specially tiara?
Any info or pictures of that?

Last edited:
Princess Mathilde´s sister Elisabeth and her fiancé were married in a civil ceremony at the city hall of Bastogne today. 18 Persons followed the ceremony - Mathilde and Philippe were not among the guests.
Mathilde, Philippe, Elisabeth, Gabriel, Emmanuel and Queen Fabiola will be present at the religious wedding. At the request of Mathilde´s father there is no public allowed inside the church and there will be some police barriers to protect the privacy of the guests. (Source: dhnet.be)

a little addition:

- witness for Elisabeth was Karin Luke, a friend
witness for Alfonso was Jean Law de Lauriston de Boubers.

- the dinner after the wedding will take place at the castle of Losange, the home of Mathilde's parents.

I'm afraid we'll get to see very few pics if any at all, but I can understand it...after all Mathilde has a public life but her family is entitled to their privacy!

Oooops I was wrong, at least for the civil wedding: here's the very happy couple, just married! Pics from belga

Attachments

• p4639317.jpg
    p4639317.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 3,336
  • p4639319.jpg
    p4639319.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 2,724
  • p4639322.jpg
    p4639322.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 2,291
  • p4639327.jpg
    p4639327.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,144
Last edited by a moderator:
It's very striking queen Fabiola will be present, after all she isn't the nearest family (an aunt of the brother in law of the bride). But I think she is very social and has a good contact with Mathilde. You see them laughing very often.
This marriage is comparable to the one of a brother of prince Lorenz (if I remember right) No press inside, only outside, when the couple comes out of the church. After all it's not a public happening, just a marriage of a very known person :)

I think queen Fabiola has become quite close with Mathilde's parents, as is Paola btw.

Last edited:
Hannelore, thank you for these photos, they are delightful! Can anyone tell me something about the groom? Where does he live? What is he like? Are his parents living? Any photos of them? Does he have siblings? What line of work is he in? Would love to know if anyone has information. Thanks in advance.

Beautiful pictures, thank you! They are a very happy couple :).

Emily said:
Hannelore, thank you for these photos, they are delightful! Can anyone tell me something about the groom? Where does he live? What is he like? Are his parents living? Any photos of them? Does he have siblings? What line of work is he in? Would love to know if anyone has information. Thanks in advance.

Everything we know so far can be found in previous posts.

Picturedesk provides some nice pics of the happy couple too. I guess it is safe to assume that there will be some nice pics from the religious ceremony too.

Do I see wrong or is it a ruby the ring she wears ?
Is it her engagement ring ?
Mathilde has a ruby too as an engagement ring

That will be her engagement ring, they will exchange marriage-rings in church.

Emily said:

Elizabeth (29 years old) has married Alphonse who is twelve years older.

The marquis and marquise Pallavicini née comtesse d'Udekem d'Acoz will take their residence in France. The marquis works at the Groupe BNP Paribas (a major banking group) where he is Head of Coverage and Territories Europe.

Alphonse marquis Pallavicini, 42 years old, studied Economics at the university of Vienna and in Venezia. He joined the Groupe BNP Paribas in 1992.

Thank you, Henri. When you say they will live in France, do you mean Paris or somewhere else?

I read that Alfonso works in Paris so they'll probably move there I guess...

According to Fabienne Delvigne Mathilde will wear for her sisters wedding "a hat that consists of falling fuchsia cristal pearls" ... wait and see :)

Sorry, what time will be the wedding today?

magnik said:
Sorry, what time will be the wedding today?

The wedding will be this afternoon at 16.00 hrs in the church of Bastogne (Bastenaken).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hannelore said:
I read that Alfonso works in Paris so they'll probably move there I guess...

Le Marquis et la Marquise Pallavicini née Comtesse d'Udekem d'Acoz will live in their mansion situated at the Rue Frochot, which is in Paris, the 3éme Arrondissement, the area between the Sacré-Cœur high at Montmartre and the Opéra de Paris.

For those who know Paris: it is within walking distance of the Métro Place Pigalle and close to the famous Moulin Rouge.

Back
Top Bottom