Count Cayetano Martínez de Irujo & Genoveva Casanova 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elsa M.

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
--
Country
Portugal
Cayetano Martínez de Irujo, Count of Salvatierra and youngest son of the Duchess of Alba, married the Mexican Genoveva Casanova y González (daughter of Kenneth Larry Casanova and his wife Mariana González y Reimann) in October 2005, after five years of relationship and two children (twins Luis and Amina, who were 4 years old at the time of the wedding).

The ceremony took place at the chapel of the Palace de Las Dueñas, the House of Alba's estate, in Seville.

The bride’s dress was designed by Manuel Mota for Pronovias and it had two parts. The first one, for the church ceremony, had an embroidered cover and the second one, showing the décolleté, for the banquet.

The tiara was actually the Ansorena Bracelet (of diamond and platinum in geometric style), which was used as a tiara and it was a wedding gift of the Duchess of Alba from her first husband, Pedro Luis Martinez de Irujo y Artazcoz.

Photos of the bride at the factory of Manuel Mota, from Hola:

Photos from Hola:

Cayetana, the Duchess of Alba, by Cover:

radiant bride & georgeous dress, but perhaps a tad too blatantly grace kelly-esque, as in, the bodice was almost literally a copy of the late princess of monaco's gown

Is no more pics from the dress? i belive the top get out and she stay with naked shoulders...

love her gown! ;) she was a really beautiful bride.

IS that the same male outfit that the one Luis Alfonso de Borbon wore on his wedding? I know he belongs to the Order of Malta but I don't think he was wearing the "habits":rolleyes:

crisiñaki said:
IS that the same male outfit that the one Luis Alfonso de Borbon wore on his wedding? I know he belongs to the Order of Malta but I don't think he was wearing the "habits":rolleyes:
Maybe there was an outfit sale, you know, get two-for-one?

La Duquesa of Alba looks too much like a Christmas tree decoration being attacked by icycles from the legs up. And she is fond of the hair arrangement inspired in her famous ancestor's painting by Goya. I think it was Goya?

Toledo said:
Maybe there was an outfit sale, you know, get two-for-one?

La Duquesa of Alba looks too much like a Christmas tree decoration being attacked by icycles from the legs up. And she is fond of the hair arrangement inspired in her famous ancestor's painting by Goya. I think it was Goya?

1. The Duchess of Alba looks like taken straight of the House of Wax movie
2. Yeah, it was Goya who painted "La Maja Desnuda";)
3. It is or isn't the same outfit?

Picasso wanted La Duquesa to pose for him in a new version of her ancestor's painting, but she refused. I hope she does not change her mind these days.

micas said:
Is no more pics from the dress? i belive the top get out and she stay with naked shoulders...

Yes, micas, the top gets out, at least on the designer drafts sugested that... but Cayetano and Genoveva only shared some pictures with the press, so when and if she removed the top the press wasn't able to take pictures...

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Genoveva Casanova trusted designer Manuel Mota for Pronovias to design and create the wedding gown she had always dreamt of.

After 180 hours of work from 40 professionals the result was a sofisticated bride inspired in the 50's.

• The drawings of Manuel Mota to Genoveva Wedding dress

• Genoveva studies with Manuel Mota several sketches in order to choose the one

• Consulting the book "Duchess of Alba Private Album"

• Genoveva studying the sketches

• Trying the "stilletos" signed by Valentino

• Genoveva made seven visits to the artist atelier in order to assure that everything was done the way she wanted.

(Source: Hola magazine)

• The Final Result:

Guests Arrival

Duchess of Alba, dressed by Tony Benitez

Denise, sister of the bride, dressed by Carolina Herrera NY

Royal Mariachi of Jalisco came from México to sing in the wedding

Larry Casanova, father of the bride

The grandmother of the bride

Carolina Adriana Herrera and husband, Miguel Báez "Litri", Carolina dresses a design from her mother Carolina Herrera

Enrique Ponce and wife Paloma Cuevas dressed by Amparo Chordá

Football player, Pedja Mithatovic andwife Anneta dressed by Presen Rodríguez

TV Presenter Ramón García with wife Patricia Cerezo dressed by british designer Mathew Williamson

Did any member of the SRF assist the wedding?

crisiñaki said:
That's the uniform of the Real Maestranza de Caballería de Sevilla, the same one he took seven years before, at the wedding of his sister, Eugenia Martinez de Irujo.

Did any member of the SRF assist the wedding?
No one did:cool:

La Duquesa of Alba looks too much like a Christmas tree decoration being attacked by icycles from the legs up.
Her dress was made by Tony Benítez (from Sevilla).

Only that dress could match the Duchess' hair - both are wild !

• Guests Arrival

Mariana González Reimann, mother of the bride, dressed by Dior, necklace Yanes​

• Two more photos at the designer's atelier

(source: Hola magazine)

• Some inside pics of the Palace where the wedding took place​

The couple poses with their godparents and pages. From left: Duchess of Alba, Genoveva, Cayetano and Larry Casanova. Kids: Amina and Luis (their sons), Cayetana (daughter of Eugenia - sister of the groom andFrancisco Rivera) and Pablo (brother of the bride from her father' second wedding)

(The couple poses, in the chappel with their godparents and Cayetano witnesses: Francsico Rivera, Emilio Butragueño, senõr Ludger Beerbaum, Manuel Berdence, Luis María Anson, Eugenia Martinez de Irujo, Carlos Fizt-James Stuart, Jacobo Fizt-James Stuart, Fernando Martínez de Irujo, don Juan Ortiz, Juan Queipo de Llano y Juan Rivas)

(The couple poses with their godparents and Genoveva witnesses: Ana Rita Tazzer, Jorge Outerello, Pedro Sabav, Paloma Cuevas, Teresa García Cerezo, Daniel Roig, Enrique Ponce, Susana Soraby, Paul Casanova, Bárbara Casanova, Paloma Sabav, Maríana González Reimann, Denise Casanova and Lawrence Casanova)

http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=96ke.jpg

I like the wedding dress but the top part I'm not a fan of (I guess its the bodice).

Genoveva is really a very beautiful woman:)

crisiñaki said:
''

I totally agree Crisinaki. Other than Grace Kelly, I think she may be the prettiest bride I have seen on the RF. Also, I thought that wedding guest Paloma Cuevas is really stunning, also. Sometimes I believe those words are overused but not in this instance.

crisiñaki said:

Yeah! She's gorgeous!
will Genoveva be Countess now?

By all standards, upon marriage, the woman takes her husband's titles, so if Cayetano is a Count, she becomes entitled to use the title Countess.

Apparently, the marriage is legally over. I know they had separated by mid-2008, but some reports state the divorce has been finalized.

Back
Top Bottom