Carlos, Duke of Parma & Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel, June & Nov 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:bourbonparma:
A week to go till the wedding.Best man of the Duke will be his cousin Prince Constantijn,youngest son of HM Queen Beatrix.
The Dutch RF will be in attendance in full force.

Oh,and could the title of this thread be changed in Duke and Duchess of Parma please,as that is
both their lawfull title since the death of the late Duke a few months ago.Thank you.:)

Last edited:
:bourbonparma:
A week to go till the wedding.Best man of the Duke will be his cousin Prince Constantijn,youngest son of HM Queen Beatrix.
The Dutch RF will be in attendance in full force.

Oh,and could the title of this thread be changed in Duke and Duchess of Parma please,as that is
both their lawfull title since the death of the late Duke a few months ago.Thank you.:)
Thanks for the Info. Whjat i noticed is that the annual Stuyvesant Ball in New York is on the 19.11. Usually Princess Margriet attends it does she also this year? If yes i don't think she can make it to the Wedding.
Hopefully the have luck with the weather and it will not rain.
As for the thread-title i think it should remain ais it covers both the civil and the religious Wedding.

Is the wedding still taking place at the Ter Kameren Abbey in Brussels?

Yes, it will take place next Saturday at Ter Kameren Abbey (aka Abbey of La Cambre).

Thank you MAfan! :)
I know the family use to have the Bourbon-Parma tiara but I read somewhere that it was stolen, does anyone know if this is true? I guess we might see her in the ears of wheat tiara then...

It was SUPPOSED to be at the Abbaye de La Cambre at the end of the summer, but then the father of Duke Carlos Javier died. So now the ceremony will take place November 20, 2010 in BRUSSELS. (see Point de Vue, no. 3250, 3-9 nov. 2010)

According to 'Jeannick' on Noblesse & Royautes, the abbey confirmed that the wedding will be there. The ceremony will start at 14:00. Apparently Olivier Polet (who made some lovely pictures of the Belgian crown princely couple & family in the past) will be present & make photographs too.

Some pictures of the abbey: http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr01/?p=39497#more-39497

Today, the RVD announced that the Queen, the Prince of Orange, Princess Máxima and other members of the Royal family will attend.

According to the telegraaf, all members of the Belgian Royal family, Prince Jean and his wife Diane from Luxembourg and also Royals from Italy and Spain will attend.

Sorry if this was asked before but is this a afternoon wedding (aka tiara wedding) or morning wedding (aka hat wedding)?
Thank you

I'm not sure, but I'd say it will be a "hat wedding"; the ceremony will start at 2pm, so it would be too early for a "tiara wedding".

It's a hat wedding for sure, it's too early for tiaras and they're non reigning royals. I wonder what the bride will look like? Will there be some kind of pre-wedding ball tomorrow?

I'm looking forward to pictures of the wedding, I'm sure it will beautiful, but a bit sad as the father of the groom will not be there now, but in spirit.

Today, the RVD announced that the Queen, the Prince of Orange, Princess Máxima and other members of the Royal family will attend.

According to the telegraaf, all members of the Belgian Royal family, Prince Jean and his wife Diane from Luxembourg and also Royals from Italy and Spain will attend.

I don't think the Belgian royals will attend since their agenda is quite full that day with 2 activities for pirncess Mathilde, 2 for princess Astrid and 1 for prince Laurent.

The telegraaf only stated prince Lorenz.

You're correct, I read it wrong. It was already not making sense because Prince Lorenz is of course part of the Royal family and I wondered why he was named separately.

PR :flowers:

What on earth is Mabel wearing? Is that a coat or a leather jacket?

No Maxima since she is in Seattle, WA. But no Beatrix or WA?

What on earth is Mabel wearing? Is that a coat or a leather jacket?

Personally I think she made a breakthrough since the last royal wedding she attended (Victoria&Daniel, last June); today's outfit is much much better imo.

OMG..she looks a mess! I actually loved her dress (not the color) at Victoria's wedding. And I am not a fan of pants at a wedding (no fashion rule just a personal reference). Its a wedding...not a cocktail party.

On the other hand...the bride, Annemarie looks lovely!

Beautiful dress...beautiful smile...beautiful jewels. She looks like its her day. Good for her!

I am really so happy for Princess irene .
Again I admire the perfect family relationship among the Dutch Royal family.
They were all thereThe Queen , Princess Magriet and her husband and also Christina and their children.
I wonder if the wedding ceremony was in dutch or in french. I presume in dutch.
Normally the Belgian RF never assist to weddings or funerals in Belgium.
Prince Lorenz was there privately I believe as friend ?
This evening I am going to a concert for AMADE and Princess Astrid will be there .

:previous:

The songs, Bible verses and prayers during the service were in Dutch, French, Spanish, English and Italian. :flowers:

The bride looks lovely. Pearl and diamond earrings and tiara are really gorgeous. I'm sorry to exclaim but I think all the Dutch princesses look awful. Not one can I say is elegant.................

I am really so happy for Princess irene .
Again I admire the perfect family relationship among the Dutch Royal family.
They were all thereThe Queen , Princess Magriet and her husband and also Christina and their children.
I wonder if the wedding ceremony was in dutch or in french. I presume in dutch.
Normally the Belgian RF never assist to weddings or funerals in Belgium.
Prince Lorenz was there privately I believe as friend ?
This evening I am going to a concert for AMADE and Princess Astrid will be there .

But when Archduchess Marie-Christine of Austria married 2 ysears ago several members of the belgian RF where present and also at the funeral of Archduke Rudolf earlier this year.

Back
Top Bottom