Beltrán Gómez-Acebo Borbón & Laura Ponte, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abanico-Joya de Lowe

(Source: Hola magazine)

Royal Family of Bulgaria

(source: Hola magazine)

The stress made the couple forgot to take the picture outside the Church with the Kings of Spain and their godparents, and when leaving the church they headed for the car. But Queen noticed and the King called, with a smile, his nephew to take the picture.

Arriving to the banquet

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to scan theese wonderful pictures Mtbcm, I know there is not much support for this particular wedding dress in this fourms but I just loved it. She looked so original and dressed for her character and I loved she did not choose a traditional "Princess dress" just because she was marrying into the extended royal family, and even some smiles, she is usually very serious
http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=480dw.jpg

Larzen said:
Thanks for taking the time to scan theese wonderful pictures Mtbcm, I know there is not much support for this particular wedding dress in this fourms but I just loved it. She looked so original and dressed for her character and I loved she did not choose a traditional "Princess dress" just because she was marrying into the extended royal family, and even some smiles, she is usually very serious
http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=480dw.jpg

You are absolutely right Larzen.
She choose to dress to HER wedding, and I also think that she looked originally great.
She is a very shy person and I believe she tries to hide it under a very serious face that doesn't suit her exotic traces.

Nevertheless I thought that after seeing bigger wedding photos some people would see that she looked great, elegant and an original bride.

I am glad you like it :).

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Thank you so much for another fabulous album, mtbcm! You did it again! :D

I have to agree that, although I hated the gown first time I saw it, it has grown inside me. Two years after the ceremony, I'm now able to see it as a very nice dress really and, above all, quite originally suiting the bride's personality. I guess what I didn't like at the time was the way she placed the veil and tiara upside down, making the whole ensemble a little too much 20s for my own taste, I'm afraid. But the dress (especially the lowest part, which actually was quite similar to Mette-Marits IMO) was fine.

Anyway, this was a nice ceremony and may I say Infanta Cristina was radiantly gorgeous!

So, thanks for another great job, mtbcm! I really love wedding photos! :D

Last edited:
I know I'm ruining :eek: the order of things but I have just found the pictures of Laura's peticion de mano.

It took place at Infanta Doña Pilar house.

Enjoy!

mtbcm :)

1. Princes of Asturias arriving.
2. Infanta Doña Pilar.
3. Laura arriving at her future husband family home.
4. In the car, Laura and her mother
5. Laura enters the house being followed by her mother

1. Fernando Gómez-Acebo and his bride, Mónica Martín
2. Infanta Doña Margarita
3. Bruno Gómez-Acebo and wife, Bárbara Cano de la Plaza
4. José Miguel Fernández Sastrón, husband of Simoneta Gómez-Acebo
5. The Dukes of Lugo, Infanta Doña Elena and Don Jaime de Marichalar
6. Simoneta Gómez-Acebo
7. María Zurita

A few more photos from Cover and Polfoto:

1-2. the Princess of Tirnovo, wearing Eduardo Ladron de Guevara;
3-5. Infanta Elena, by Chanel;
6. Infanta Cristina;
7. Infanta Margarita and husband, the Duke of Sória;
8. Maria Zurita;
9. Cristina de Bórbón Dos-Sicilias and Pedro Lopez-Quesada.

More from Cover and Polfoto:

1. Princess Adélaide d'Orleans;
2. Prince and Princess of Panagiurishte;
3-4. Queen Sofia and King Juan Carlos;
5. Prince and Princess of Asturias.

A few more of the bride, from Cover:

I know that that tiara belongs to Infanta Pilar but anybody knows it´s history

You're a star!! Wonderful photos!
Thank you soo much, Elsa!! ;)

Laura's dress from the waist down is quite stunning. The detailing around her shoulders and underneath her arms is interesting, but for me I would have liked a more width around her collar area.

I'm still not a fan of the placement of her tiara. I understand the look she was going for, but still almost four years later, it still doesn't work for me. Then again, it doesn't matter what I think.

GT, you're right, now you mention it, the bottom half of the dress is exquisite.

Actually I really like this bride overall. I guess that's for one thing because I'm into the 1920's look. But the veil IS stunning there's no question about that.

That and Laura was brave to change the goal post on such a traditional occasion in such a traditional circle of society.

The two things I don't like is the fact the bride hardly smiles in the pictures and that the flowers have long stems.

Royal Family of Bulgaria

I am not quite sure whether the man in picture number five is from the Bulgarian royal family, I think that he is Don Juan Gomez-Acebo, the brother of the groom...Still I am not fully sure.

I've always admired the overall effect of this gown.
The medieval-looking gown, the stunning veil and the uniquely-worn tiara - they all create an absolutely stunning look.

The veil is very, very beautiful, but this is not an overall look I admire - it does not, IMO, seem fit for a regal wedding.

Back
Top Bottom