Baron Carl Silfverschiöld & Maria Fredriksson 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cissan

Aristocracy
I don't know if you've heard it before but Desiree's son is getting married this summer. Could be some nice pics of his cousins at the wedding...

Cissan said:
I don't know if you've heard it before but Desiree's son is getting married this summer. Could be some nice pics of his cousins at the wedding...

Carl Silfverschiöld is getting married today in Falsterbo. According to a poster on the GREMB it´s rumoured, that the king will be present. I guess, when the king is present, the other family members are as well. After all their nephew and cousin marries...and even in Sweden, so they don´t have to travel too far.

BTW I guess this is no official duty...and the partners of the Royal children would be allowed to attend :confused:

Last edited:
BTW I´ve just noted, that princess Désirée´s daughter Hélène turns 37 in September, but is unmarried. Why that? Does she have a constant boyfriend?
Baron Carl (the one, who marries today) is also already 40...seems to be a family of late bloomers.

According to Hänt i Veckan the whole Royal family plus the partners of all three children should be present. So we just can hope, that certain lazy swedish journalists don´t miss this oppurtunity for pics (the pics of Daniel & Victoria at Andrea Brodins wedding are still constantly published...so I guess the photographers, who made them, have made some money with them)
According to Hänt i Veckan the bride is 40 years old...as we know, she has already 2 children, so I wonder, if Carl and her plan own ones...

A poster on the GREMB was in Falsterbo and has made pics:
http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranjes/index.html

Madeleine wears one of her ultimate light blue "I go to a private wedding"-dresses ;) And she is-in spite of a non-existing summer in Scandinavia-again (or still?) roasted.
The bride and the groom look IMO very happy and I like the wedding gown

Last edited:
1. The Royal brownie. When I´m right, then this is the dress, she has worn for Andrea Brodin´s wedding in summer 2003.
2. She has worn this dress last year for the birthday of Lennart Bernadotte. And the earrings in Sydney
3. One, who should in the opinion of Lena, marry
4. Siblings
5. Two, who are today exactly 29 years married.
6. Doesn´t need a description...we know her all ;)
7. The newlyweds: Baron Carl and Maria (nee Fredriksson)
8. Princess Christina
9. Princess Désirée, mother of the groom
10. Princess Birgitta

The pics are from Fotmarktplatz

Attachments

• a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 673
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 742
  • a10.jpg
    a10.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,443
  • a9.jpg
    a9.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 613
  • a8.jpg
    a8.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 846
  • a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 938
  • a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,134
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 638
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 3,515
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 893
Last edited:
Queen Silvia looks so lovely and elegant.
Does Princess Lilian attend the Wedding?

More pictures from Fotomarktplatz. I think it´s so typically for Victoria to see her squating on the ground :D

Attachments

• a11.jpg
    a11.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 919
  • a12.jpg
    a12.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 559
  • a13.jpg
    a13.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 890
  • a14.jpg
    a14.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 564
  • a15.jpg
    a15.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 3,176
The fashion part of Aftonbladet is crazy about Madeleine´s hairstyle at the wedding...you can even vote, who she resembles most with it (Rita Hayworth, Grace Kelly, Lauren Bacall, Veronica Lake *coughing*) While I agree, that it looks "nice" in the particular pic of Aftonbladet, I must say, that her hairdo looked (later the day?) in (most of) the Fotomarktplatz-pics like the ones of 4 or 5 year olds, who have mostly still some "baby-curls" and who run away from mummy, when she has a comb in her hand.

What makes me really angry are those sentences:

Men det var inte bruden som fick mest uppmärksamhet – utan en solbränd och sommarfräsch Madde som bländade folkmassan på kyrkbacken
But it wasn´t the bride, who got most attention-but a tanned and summer-fresh/healthy (can not be better translated) Madde, who dazzled the masses in the yard of the church.

– Hon är inte lika glamourös som gamla filmstjärnor utan mer brunbränd, frisk och girl next door.
-She is not as glamourous as the old movie stars, but more tanned, healthy and girl next door

The interviewed person (Sofi Fahrman, 25, Aftonbladets style and fashion advisor) points quite often out, that Madeleine´s look is still improving day by day. Maybe it´s then just me, and maybe I´m jealous or whatever, but my little self does see more and more sun damages day by day :rolleyes:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/kvinna/story/0,2789,661811,00.html

Last edited:
Lena, many thanks for posting the nice pictures. The royals looks very lovely in her dresses - also by this good wheater.

Madeleiene looks beautiful but roasted, the dress is nice enough, nothing spectacular. I wonder how she will look in August:eek: , she really should be a little careful, Im hoping it is some spraytan and not all natural

Victoria looks beautiful with her hair up, the redd dress is nice, but the assesories was not the best choise. I love her gestures and how she sits on the ground in her gala dress:D It can not be fun for Victoria to go to the one wedding after another without Daniel. I had hoped we would see all the partners there but obiously not:( Silvia looks nice also, have seen her better but I guess its all about the bride anyway:)

Last edited:
Queen Silvia wear the same dress by this celebration which she wear at 23rd May 1980!!! by state-visit from Mexico! Unfortunately I can post a pic from 1980(I have it only at paper).

although madeleine looks absolutely lovely this time the oscar goes for victoria. i think she looked stunning

Dress

They all looked lovely including the bride but I liked Victoria's dress bet. The colour looked lovely on her. :)

Thanks for the pictures Lena. Victoria looks great in this raspberry colour and her hair was wonderful. She was definitely the best dressed between her, Madeleine and the Queen.

About Madeline's tan ... I hope it's fake, too, whether it be from a spray or the wipes. But even if it's fake, it is looking bad. She looks overdone and is starting to make me think of the 50+ year old women in South Beach (Florida) who like to believe that they are still in their twenties, so they get all tanned, wear tight, tight jeans and halter tops with their big sunglasses and bright Flamingo-pink nails.

(It could be worse though -- it could be Carl Philip who goes to the tanning salons! At a wedding recently my boyfriend discovered that friend he hadn't seen in a long time was going to a tanning salon regularly, and hence the "glow" he had. They had always assumed that the "glow" came from the fact this this friend spent lots of time outdoors. My boyfriend took a strip right off his friend for being so vain as to go to a tanning salon.)

Alexandria said:
Thanks for the pictures Lena. Victoria looks great in this raspberry colour and her hair was wonderful. She was definitely the best dressed between her, Madeleine and the Queen.

About Madeline's tan ... I hope it's fake, too, whether it be from a spray or the wipes. But even if it's fake, it is looking bad. She looks overdone and is starting to make me think of the 50+ year old women in South Beach (Florida) who like to believe that they are still in their twenties, so they get all tanned, wear tight, tight jeans and halter tops with their big sunglasses and bright Flamingo-pink nails.

(It could be worse though -- it could be Carl Philip who goes to the tanning salons! At a wedding recently my boyfriend discovered that friend he hadn't seen in a long time was going to a tanning salon regularly, and hence the "glow" he had. They had always assumed that the "glow" came from the fact this this friend spent lots of time outdoors. My boyfriend took a strip right off his friend for being so vain as to go to a tanning salon.)

i really agree about that fake tan. madeleine looks a lot better not to tanned. i don't know what's so addictive about fake tan... some royals start and can't stop getting more and more colour...

I think they all looked fantastic! Even if all 3 royal ladies wore old dresses :rolleyes:

Hasn´t Madeleine got really thin? In the photo of her from the side, her arm looks super skinny...

Lena said:
The fashion part of Aftonbladet is crazy about Madeleine´s hairstyle at the wedding...you can even vote, who she resembles most with it (Rita Hayworth, Grace Kelly, Lauren Bacall, Veronica Lake *coughing*) While I agree, that it looks "nice" in the particular pic of Aftonbladet, I must say, that her hairdo looked (later the day?) in (most of) the Fotomarktplatz-pics like the ones of 4 or 5 year olds, who have mostly still some "baby-curls" and who run away from mummy, when she has a comb in her hand.

What makes me really angry are those sentences:

Men det var inte bruden som fick mest uppmärksamhet – utan en solbränd och sommarfräsch Madde som bländade folkmassan på kyrkbacken
But it wasn´t the bride, who got most attention-but a tanned and summer-fresh/healthy (can not be better translated) Madde, who dazzled the masses in the yard of the church.

– Hon är inte lika glamourös som gamla filmstjärnor utan mer brunbränd, frisk och girl next door.
-She is not as glamourous as the old movie stars, but more tanned, healthy and girl next door

The interviewed person (Sofi Fahrman, 25, Aftonbladets style and fashion advisor) points quite often out, that Madeleine´s look is still improving day by day. Maybe it´s then just me, and maybe I´m jealous or whatever, but my little self does see more and more sun damages day by day :rolleyes:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/kvinna/story/0,2789,661811,00.html

Tanned and healthy? hmm. To be tanned is okay but only a natural tan. Unless, she´s been spending some time on top of some Swedish mountains these last couple of weeks, I don´t think that tan is natural. Anyway, all 3 dresses were old which makes Sofi´s comments rather weird. Madeleine´s look was the same. Anyway, Victoria looked the best and it´s not my normal biased self as the opinions of a few other are quite similar. Great dress, lovely smile and a friendly interaction with the people at the church. A future queen squatting. Very funny. And her expressions are priceless once again.

As for the photo of Veronica Lake that they show to compare Madeleine with, it is not the strongest peakaboo. I mean the peakabook for Veronica was normally bigger than in that photo. I mean more over the eye. Also that photo is not great because Veronica´s makeup and whole look was "softer".

ursulajohanna said:
Queen Silvia wear the same dress by this celebration which she wear at 23rd May 1980!!! by state-visit from Mexico! Unfortunately I can post a pic from 1980(I have it only at paper).

I like the wrap. It´s quite detailed. Very lovely.

Alexandria said:

Gosh, I hope she doesn´t go to that type of place that Ross Gellar went to on Friends. That looks like it could be painful.

I don't want to point this out, but is the bride wearing a yellow bra? or is it just my eyes?

Everyone looked very lovely and I even have no real complaints about Victoria's attire. :)

Danielle said:
I don't want to point this out, but is the bride wearing a yellow bra? or is it just my eyes?

Everyone looked very lovely and I even have no real complaints about Victoria's attire. :)

I´ve spotted that yellow thing too...but I didn´t wanted to be the one, who points it out. :D

Lena said:
I´ve spotted that yellow thing too...but I didn´t wanted to be the one, who points it out. :D
No, I didn't want to point it out either, but it comes with being too observant; I must clarify what I see. :p

Victoria also wore that red dress in 1997 when she attended the celebrations for Sonja and Haralds wedding anniversary.

Desiree and Niclas Silfverskjöld are acquaintances of my parents and I have now found out that they used the same caterer on this wedding as me and my husband did on ours. And I can tell you that the food on our wedding was wonderful!

Cissan said:
Desiree and Niclas Silfverskjöld are acquaintances of my parents and I have now found out that they used the same caterer on this wedding as me and my husband did on ours. And I can tell you that the food on our wedding was wonderful!

That´s interesting...where have you married and with how many guests. And how are princess Desiree and baron Niklas? (when I´m too curiously, don´t answer ;) )

Some more pics from Brunopress. It seems squating Victoria helped the little boy with something. I didn´t know, that children still wear sailor suits. As child I always wanted one, but haven´t gotten one. So this will be one of this "I will buy/do/want that for/from you my child, because I´ve never gotten it"-things in my future as mummy :D

Attachments

• a18.jpg
    a18.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 387
  • a12.jpg
    a12.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 319
  • a17.jpg
    a17.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 458
  • a16.jpg
    a16.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 401
  • a15.jpg
    a15.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 310
  • a14.jpg
    a14.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 324
  • a13.jpg
    a13.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 367
  • a11.jpg
    a11.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 335
Second and last set from Brunopress

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 361
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 703
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 390
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 394
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 312
  • a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 295
  • a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 311
  • a8.jpg
    a8.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 383
  • a10.jpg
    a10.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:
from thelocal.se

Bernadottes celebrate royal wedding

The Swedish royal family gathered in Falsterbo, near Malmö on Saturday to celebrate the marriage of the king's nephew, Carl Silfverschiöld.

Silfverschöld, son of Princess Desirée, King Carl Gustaf's third sister, married Maria Fredrikson in a church ceremony attended by all Sweden's senior royals.

The royal family and their guests were accompanied by an army of 600 curious onlookers and press photographers.

Guests included King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia and their children Victoria, Madeleine and Carl Philip, as well as the king's other sisters, Princesses Birgitta and Christina.

The royals later joined a reception at the local golf club in Falsterbo.

Thanks for the photos. This wedding has such a nice, warm feel to it. I mean, I know it's summer, but I guess everyone's smile gives it more 'warmth' as well, if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom