Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, and Martin Jørgensen March 3, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elspeth said:
A sleeveless dress in early March in Denmark? Does she have antifreeze in her veins or something?

thats what i was thinking. why not cover up abit

Alexandera looked happy, like a first time bride. what i did not expect is for her to wear a white ( i know its not white-white, but even though) bridal gown, or in general a wedding gown.I thought she'd appear in a nice suit, never mind if its white, and a hat. Her hair was put up terribly. Her two little boys looked adorable, i wish them all the best.thank you for all the pictures.
Does anyone know if CP Mary attended?

dazzling said:
Does anyone know if CP Mary attended?

No member of the Danish royal family has attended the wedding, except for Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix.

:flowers:

All the best to the newlyweds:flowers:

She looks beautiful. But I thought that she wore sleeves and maybe not so long veil...
It looks like ivory or dark white (if it's possibe).

i think she looked amazing, so what if she wore a wedding dress with a veil she looked brilliant, it shouldnt matter what her age is or whether shes been married before its her wedding she can wear what she likes, no where does it she a middle aged women who has been married before cant wear a wedding dress or a veil. i hope when i marry i look half as good as her, i wish the two of them all the happiness there a very goodlooking couple.

Congratulations to the couple and Best Wishes to them!!!

I've posted sixteen new Avatars in the "Fanart, Wallpaper, and Avatars" thread in the Danish Forums, including one for the mods.

Before this, I never really realized exactly how much Martin looks like Andy Roddick-it is astounding.

A lovely wedding, and Martin and Alexandra seem really and truly in love.

Alexandra looks beautiful and they both look so genuinely happy.

I wasn't too keen on the suits the boys wore. And I thought her eye makeup was a little harsh (the eyeshadow looked white) for this lovely lady.

But I have to give Alexandra and Joachim credit, that they have generally behaved with dignity despite the hurt feelings that must have existed. (And good wishes to Alexandra.)

Congratulations to Alexandra and Martin!

I love the dress! Great color for a second time bride.

As far as the whole veil thing goes I think its totally acceptable. Veils are symbolic for brides. Atleast she didn't have it covering her face. I feel that when a bride covers her face with the veil she is implying her virginity or whathaveyounot.

I'm a little shock the DRF website dropped her so fast. It was like they were waiting around for her to say 'I do' to change the website so fast.

Again Best of Luck to the newly weds!

RoyalKnottie said:
I'm a little shock the DRF website dropped her so fast. It was like they were waiting around for her to say 'I do' to change the website so fast.

Well, they probably were. :)

RoyalKnottie said:

No, they probably just wanted to do it correctly. A little bit like here on the forums, when all the thread titles changed as soon as she married.
I don't think there is anything implied there.

RoyalKnottie said:
Congratulations to Alexandra and Martin!

I love the dress! Great color for a second time bride.

As far as the whole veil thing goes I think its totally acceptable. Veils are symbolic for brides. Atleast she didn't have it covering her face. I feel that when a bride covers her face with the veil she is implying her virginity or whathaveyounot.

Well if the DRF had their website at around the time that Joachim and Alexandra were getting married, I hardly think it would have been acceptable for them to wait a couple of days or weeks after their marriage to put Alexandra on the website and it requires more work to add someone to a website than to take them off.

RoyalKnottie said:

Saturday and Sunday are weekend days (non-office days) so this means the webmaster of the Royal House website had to be standby to remove the pages of Alexandra at 16.30 o'clock.

They could have done it Monday, the first working day after the weekend. It is indeed a bit of tja... a surprise.

Yeah, that was very quick, as I was just looking at Alexandra's page last night and it was gone this morning (EST).

If it was up to me, I would have left her page up. I mean, she's the mother of two members of the Danish Royal Family, and her divorce and re-marriage don't change that.

Perhaps they where not in favour of her getting remarried.

Although IMO I think she did get remarried so it cleared the way for Joachim and Marie.

Sister Morphine said:
If it was up to me, I would have left her page up. I mean, she's the mother of two members of the Danish Royal Family, and her divorce and re-marriage don't change that.

I think the DRF has streamlined its website a bit. I remember when I first saw the site, the Queen's sister, former Queen Anne Marie of Greece was on the website even though it had been a long time since she had been a Princess of Denmark. Now the website seems to stick pretty closely to the members of the family who are actually royal. I think some members here get confused and think of the royal designation as a judgment of character or a sign of goodness or of being worthwhile. Just because Alexandra's picture is not on the royal website, Alexandra is no less a person because she is no longer royal and I am sure that Queen Margrethe never intended that. But a member of the royal family has particular responsibilities to the royal house and its only fair for the DRF to be upfront on their website as to who is in the royal family and who might reasonably be expected to shoulder those responsibilities.

Alexandra, by her own choice, wanted a new life and her absence in the royal site may in fact reflect her wishes as well as those of the royal family.

Henri M. said:
Saturday and Sunday are weekend days (non-office days) so this means the webmaster of the Royal House website had to be standby to remove the pages of Alexandra at 16.30 o'clock.

They could have done it Monday, the first working day after the weekend. It is indeed a bit of tja... a surprise.

They just want do it correctly due to the fact: as long as Alexandra remarries, she will be no longer a member of the royal house, and this applies as long as she says yes.
Besides, taking someone off the webpage is only a click thing. Maybe the webmaster can do that at home, who knows.
I don´t think the DRF is unhappy about her remarriage.
The priest is said to be a close friend of Queen Margrethe. It is regarded to be sort of an approval from the Queen.

Martin his a handsome man...I wish them best of luck..and I hope to see Joaquin well and happy too!!! ...

I think Alexandra looked beautiful, I loved everything especially the necklace and earrings. I wish them many, many years of happiness. :flowers:

Stepmom and Stepdad

By the way, by their marriage both Alexandra and Martin have become a stepmom and stepdad as well.

Martin Jørgensen has a 12 yr old daughter Emilie, with Heidi Pedersen, apparently an 'accident' at the age of 17 or 16 (!). There is no real contact between father and daughter.

So Alexandra has now a new stepdaughter: Emilie.
And Martin has now two new stepsons: Nikolai and Felix.

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
No member of the Danish royal family has attended the wedding, except for Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix.

Maybe none of them were invited?
Does anybody know if Alexandra and Martin have sent invitations to any current member of the royal house?

Heike said:
Maybe none of them were invited?
Does anybody know if Alexandra and Martin have sent invitations to any current member of the royal house?

According to Berlingske Tidende there were only family and friends. No any royal or noble guests.

My two ¢2

I don't understand the big deal about her wearing white (I don't care about the name of the shade is it is still a white dress.) and a veil. I doubt that she was a virgin when she married the first time but I don't think that people back then made a big deal about her earing a veil and the white dress.The meaning of these things have changed, a long time ago people only wore white when they were mourning.

Doña Metizia said:
I don't understand the big deal about her wearing white (I don't care about the name of the shade is it is still a white dress.) and a veil. I doubt that she was a virgin when she married the first time but I don't think that people back then made a big deal about her earing a veil and the white dress.The meaning of these things have changed, a long time ago people only wore white when they were mourning.

Probably because it was not the most appropiate thing to do, since is her second wedding.

Women dont wear veils and white dresses for renewal of votes either. I dont know, I dont think is wrong, just not appropiate

avrilo said:
Probably because it was not the most appropiate thing to do, since is her second wedding.

Women dont wear veils and white dresses for renewal of votes either. I dont know, I dont think is wrong, just not appropiate

I know of several women who wore the traditional white bridal gown with veil and the whole church wedding for their second wedding.

In the old days, white meant virginity and a virgin was worth more than a non-virgin. These days, such a backwards attitude towards a women's worth would seem laughable.

avrilo said:

Some women do wear white dresses and veils for their vow renewals, especially if their first wedding was not in a church. My aunt and uncle were married at City Hall, and on their 40th wedding anniversary, they renewed their vows and my aunt wore a white dress [not as elaborate as Alexandra's] and a short veil.

The whole white-dress-and-veil-only-for-first-time-virgin-brides is really quite passe. Women can wear whatever they want to their wedding, be it their first or their 5th. It's a personal thing.

Heike said:
Why must she be aware of her age?
She looks much younger than many 30-something women.
She has such a good figure!
Although I don´t like the looking of her veil, I don´t consider age a good reason to say that she shouldn´t wear a veil.

Personally I think the whole thing, veil & all is very incorrect & OTT for a second marriage. But then again Alexandra is very into OTT. I've always thought her very snobbish & pretentious.

Back
Top Bottom